Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222760 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5685 on: April 30, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »
I'll try to get a post up after work tonight

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5686 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »
Mar's back! Woo! With this mix of characters at the bar, it's only a matter of time before some kind of insanity breaks out. Though if we really need it, I've a few ways to force it :P

Luke-- I would love to write a little Ossanlin cameo into Salem's story... once I actually get that far in the story. Imma bug you about that eventually ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5687 on: April 30, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »
Ugh . . . sorry guys, but I just can't work up the energy to write anything tonight. I'll try tomorrow, but I'll be out of the house all day and I may end up buying a new guitar, so that'll probably constitute a lot of tomorrow night :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5688 on: April 30, 2017, 10:36:52 PM »
I'll see if I can post everywhere tomorrow. Getting a little tired tonight. Love you folks. :} <3

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5689 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:08 AM »
I'm joining the "will post tomorrow" train. Busy weekend, but caught up on reading, at least!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5690 on: May 01, 2017, 02:20:01 PM »
Yay, new guitar!

Glad to see everybody :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5691 on: May 02, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
Posted about the guitar elsewhere on the forum, if anyone cares to seek out the deets :P

Anyway, I didn't mean to go so long without posting but . . . y'know, I think I'll let that post just speak for itself.

Offline Forlin

• Fandalite-Controller
  • I love aliens too much...
« Reply #5692 on: May 02, 2017, 08:00:51 AM »
Nuuuuuuu poor Nepek!  ;-;  :hork:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:24:54 PM by Forlin »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5693 on: May 02, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
Things in my life appear to have gotten a little awkward, so I might not post until tomorrow. With that said, I'm pleased as punch about our progress so far! : D

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5694 on: May 02, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
Ohh hehehe. That's a nice little bit of wickedness. gh, Ossanlin and Al are not going to make it exceptionally easy for you to kill off Nepek :P But yeah. 'Pleased as punch' is a pretty solid way of putting that ^_^

I apologize for any goofiness in my post tonight. I am stupid tired.

So... I found a decent way to convey the color of Salem's ship. Some of you may have seen pictures of the color 'Vantablack' circulating on social media. It's a black coating based on carbon nanotubes. And 'black' is a severe understatement.

[spoiler=Black!]
[/spoiler]

It seems utterly bizarre, but those images are not Photoshopped. That's the spray-on version, which absorbs 99.8% of light-- the real version, which is grown on the surface, absorbs something stupid like 99.96% of light, which makes those pictures above look positively luminescent by comparison. The actual substance is absorbent enough that it's too dark to show depth or patterns on the object's surface-- much like Salem's ship. Of course, the color in real life would be significantly blacker than you see here (your computer screen isn't anywhere near black enough to convey the actual color), but it gives the right idea. They've got a whole gallery of images and videos that I find absolutely fascinating.

Human perception has a hard time dealing with the actual color-- a complete lack of reflected light is not something we've evolved to be able to work with, and some observers describe it as feeling like you're looking into a bottomless hole. I don't have an actual figure for the amount of light Salem's ship reflects, but once you get beyond a certain point I can't imagine it matters all that much for human perception anyway :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:42:34 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5695 on: May 03, 2017, 12:00:32 AM »
Yay chaos and carnage!!

I'm going to let my new guy puke in the bathroom for a bit while the dust settles. :)

Also, Scott, those pictures kinda blow my mind.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5696 on: May 03, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
Chaos and carnage is always fun ^.^

If it's not fairly obvious by now, Sorin has a rather . . . skewed perception of people in general. I'm probably gonna elaborate on that eventually

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5697 on: May 03, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »
Is Sorin potentially a Type 1 sociopath who is unaware of that fact? A person with ASPD (That is, an inability to experience empathy that is not deliberately induced) would act this way if they'd gone through life without grasping what they're missing upstairs. The Stranger (1942) is a pretty excellent example of what this looks like. Basically, someone with ASPD can indeed love, but consequently only the people they do love are people at all to them. (And sometimes they're even pretty bad at this, because they might be unable to cognitively look at things from the perspective of the person they love...And the results are Rick and Morty. -___-;; ).

(For reference, Rick would probably be Type 1- I.E. "Born like that." Kilgrave would be "Type 2"-- "Wasn't born like that, but ended up that way due to environmental factors as uncontrollable and intrinsic-characteristic-causing as those that create religion or sexual orientation.") Jeffrey is Type 2, but experiences weird spurts of empathy because he isn't that way naturally. Meanwhile Character Mar is "the Devil," but is actually neither. His empathy works fine, despite everything.

It might be useless to classify actual people in this way, though, for the same reason that determining how the hell someone acquired a disorder or got their sexual orientation is impossible.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:19:21 PM by Shenmue654 »

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5698 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
I'm not quite sure, as I haven't really done the research. I'm not sure if you could class him as a sociopath anyway, since Sorin isn't exactly human ;)

Offline Leona

« Reply #5699 on: May 03, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »
Sorry I'm taking forever. Getting ready to move and packing is a ****.