Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 222806 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5475 on: February 04, 2017, 10:03:55 AM »
XD Keshin is in fact referring to Rathien with "psychotic bounty hunter," not Salem. But then again, that's probably because Keshin knows very little of Salem's true history. Salem is literally just "the crazy trader that saved my life" to them. Rathien at the moment is definitely registering as "insane bounty hunter."

Kind of ironic, because Joanne is not the sanest person alive either. What does it say about me when the most rational person I've played is the Devil? : P Who is here an embittered god with a pathological stalker like Myitt obsession. XD

Or Keshin, whose response to everything is more or less "Y'all be needin' some therapy."" v__v XD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:07:19 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5476 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »
I don't think Salem's ever referred to himself as a bounty hunter in the bar. He's always called himself a trader, as far as I can remember. He's also repeatedly been a violent, conniving ****, so it's probably no stretch to say some people would take 'trader' with a grain of salt :P

Can't remember if I told you guys over Skype, but here's the dealio on the end of my last post: I'm gonna be bringing a new character in, and for a few posts, there's gonna be quite a bit of interaction between all my characters. After that, though, I'm gonna keep it to an absolute minimum, I promise. I already talked this over with Tara, and she said I'm good to go ahead with this :)
Woo, new character ^_^ And I wouldn't say 'absolute minimum.' I mean, don't have your characters ignore each other if it'd be in character for them to interact, but yeah, focus most of your interactions on the other players. Otherwise it's too easy to get lost in your own bubble. It's a lot of the reason I'm hesitant to bring in Aetheas (my Andalite character) with Salem at the bar. The two share enough common threads in their histories that it might be difficult to separate them for a while if one or the other opened up.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5477 on: February 05, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »
Yes, and while some contract killers openly claim their professions without guilt, there are those who, you know...are traders who just happen to kill people...just on the side...nothing personal...like, it's not their job but they do it just, you know...  >_>  I must say I've always viewed Salem as a sort of "I'll do just about anything for personal gain even if I'm killing someone..." type of person.  Which, to me, says he's a bounty hunter, even if that's not ALL he is.

And AAAGH...the feels!  :p

gh, just letting you know, if your new character is an Andalite, and if he/she hasn't been completely sequestered from current Andalite society, then he/she will likely recognize Ossanlin on sight, or barring that, will all but certainly know his name and title when heard.  Pretty much every Andalite does thanks to Sector Seven's propaganda campaign on the Homeworld.  (The same one that tells everyone that a true patriot hates the existence of every single Yeerk).
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5478 on: February 05, 2017, 08:25:58 AM »
Also...I'm gonna toot my own horn on that post...because it is one of the best snippets of creative fiction I've written in awhile.  Damn.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:51:04 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5479 on: February 05, 2017, 10:28:19 PM »
Hey all you babes and ghouls~ XD. Looks like I was too tired again over the last few days to post, but as always I should have something together tomorrow. Jeffrey, Kess, and Joanne will see you all on the flipside~ <3

Also, Oss....congrats. :} You always do blow it out of the water.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5480 on: February 06, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
Also...I'm gonna toot my own horn on that post...because it is one of the best snippets of creative fiction I've written in awhile.  Damn.
Yeah. Hot damn, Luke. There are a few feels floating around here.

Rathien and Salem don't have anything close to a middle setting, do they?

gh, just letting you know, if your new character is an Andalite, and if he/she hasn't been completely sequestered from current Andalite society, then he/she will likely recognize Ossanlin on sight, or barring that, will all but certainly know his name and title when heard.  Pretty much every Andalite does thanks to Sector Seven's propaganda campaign on the Homeworld.  (The same one that tells everyone that a true patriot hates the existence of every single Yeerk).
Depending, of course, on their universe :P A lot of our characters (obviously) come from the same universe because there's a ton of drama and fun that can arise from even little bits of shared background (I actually wound up retconning a ton of Salem's story a while back in order to fit him into the same universe as Myitt's Rebellion and Ossanlin's Andalites), but there's no obligation for any character at the bar to do the same.

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5481 on: February 06, 2017, 03:30:23 PM »
Ironically considering his sadistic streak and his loudmouthed sarcastic complaints to anyone who will listen, Jeffrey Barnes is something of an eternal optimist. I think he has found that trying to look on the bright side of life is better than contemplating it for any length of time. I wonder if I'm sort of jealous of natural optimists--- Two of my characters share this tendency.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5482 on: February 06, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Well yes, it's always possible that characters come from alternate realities.  gh knows this too as he's already brought in characters from alternate realities (besides the Rebellion and Sector Seven reality).  However if he does want his character to come from the same reality, I was just letting him know about Ossanlin's pseudo-celebrity because I don't think it's come up since he joined the bar.

I don't know Kells, I used to be a natural optimist and now I'm in a terrible life situation.  Didn't work out so hot for me.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5483 on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
I don't know Kells, I used to be a natural optimist and now I'm in a terrible life situation. Didn't work out so hot for me.

The interesting thing is that in both cases, the characters with this tendency actually have some of the most depressing situations in my canon. Jeffrey is very successful professionally, but he has no friends and too many enemies, and the only two people he's ever loved despise him. (I will grant you--- He's an ****, and he's responsible for 95 percent of that. :P)  Joanne's dying of a terminal illness that only intentional nothlitization can cure (And for that reason is seriously considering Ossanlin's offer, but that may come later).

I guess it's not so much about it being productive to be optimistic as it is that being a pessimist has never made my life easier. I often wonder if I'd be happier if I wasn't anxious all the time.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5484 on: February 06, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »
The problem with natural optimism is that it's too easy.  Too easy to say 'it'll be okay."  When you need something to really kick you in the ass and say "Do something NOW or you're ****ed."  I screwed myself out of college twice by repeatedly telling myself "not doing this is okay.  It'll all be fine."

And more-accurately, Scott...Rathien has no middle setting.  He's always all-or-nothing.  Left-or-right.  Black-or-white.  No middle-area...no gray.  Comes from being driven powerfully by instinct, and allowing that powerful instinct to ride almost freely.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:40:36 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5485 on: February 07, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
The problem with natural optimism is that it's too easy.  Too easy to say 'it'll be okay."  When you need something to really kick you in the ass and say "Do something NOW or you're ****ed."  I screwed myself out of college twice by repeatedly telling myself "not doing this is okay.  It'll all be fine."

:( I'm sorry that that happened to you, Luke. I suppose the one thing my never-ending bouts of anxiety were good for was ensuring that I never went over a school deadline. My sense of self-worth was too closely tied to my ability to "perform," as it were. Still kind of is, which is why I tend to flip out when my mind doesn't work exactly the way I want it to.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5486 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:38 PM »
Lumy...post.  :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5487 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
Scratch that...Somebody post. XD

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #5488 on: February 08, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
I'll hit it this evening. Sorry, guys, been a busy few days.

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5489 on: February 09, 2017, 12:08:01 AM »
*To the tune of "Video Killed the Radio Star" ...

"Ohhh san-lin killed the Geee Eee-Ess Beee......Ohhh san-lin killed the Geee Eee-Ess Bee..."

RAF Silverblade