Author Topic: Group Re-Read 2.0  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Group Re-Read 2.0
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Okay I'm new here, what about re-reading the Rements series.

It's a possibility that we could start other re-reads for the other series. They would likely go in the 'Other Books' forum, and I wouldn't host them. For one, I haven't read all of Remnants. I could probably do an Everworld one, but I've got my hands full here.

If anyone wants to, though, they're more than welcome to start their own re-reads using different series!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
I guess you could do that in the sub forum for Remnants. It's down in the Other Books section.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »
Alright
My schedule has loosen up a bit, and I suspect it's going to remain that way for a while, so now's the time for this:

I for one am eager for another group reread, and I would like to, lets say, pilot the thing this time around.
I'm asking the forum at large-if anyone is seriously opposed to me doing it I won't, or if they want to be on the front line of this as well we can talk, but I'm also expressly asking you Terenia: I have a lot of respect and admiration for what you did last time around, and if you want to keep spear heading it more power to you.
That being said, there are some things I'd like to do this go around that I think would just be easier to do up front. There's sure to be some recycling from the first round, and I'm all for suggestions throughout, but there are also some things I'd like to hit on, for particular books, and the series at large. And I could use an additional 60 points of karma ::)
Plus, because I'm not dealing with on of those annoying personal lives you all seem so fond of, I think should be able to keep a strong pace. (That's not a shot at anyone, I just need a selling point :))
So, everyone one think it over, talk about it with your friends and loved ones, whatever you need. And get back to me. Support is great, but if I don't hear any sincere opposition I'm taking it as a green light.
In which case we'll get going soon.
All the best
RYTX
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
Rob, you are more than welcome to spearhead the next set of read-throughs. I would like to still have a strong involvement in it, but my schedule is far too full to keep up the pace that is required for something like this. It was fun the first time around, but it took much longer than it should have. So yeah, go for it. :)

AniMel23 has also expressed interest in helping out with the second round here. She led the read throughs on the LiveJournal forum, so I think talking with her would be hugely helpful.

I'm interested to hear your ideas. :)

*passes the proverbial baton*

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
Sweetness, much obliged teach

Now; the rest of RAF you have two weeks to say something,
One week if you don't want to make me look like a fool

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »
I just  like the idea of working with others this time, because I could never think of any decent questions most of the time...I love how you were always able to here. But I want to help any way I can.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
Well if you can thing of anything specifically you'd like to contribute give me a heads up. I'm not sure of anything presently.

Definitely will need recruiters; people to draw RAFians out of the Media Board and into the rereads, and that'll require more diplomacy than I have. But of course I expect everyone who comes near the rereads to this.
More on that Saturday

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I needed your guys' attention

So it wasn't the roaring "Alright, we believe in you man, can't wait to get started" I was hoping for, but no ones shut me down so it seems I have approval on this, so thank you all very much. I'll try and keep it as painless as possible

I just wanted to put out a little memo before we get started, hopefully help keep track of what's going on in my head. Lord knows I can't.

The important first off, and one of the key reasons I want to do this again: This time we are also including a poll for each book. REMEMBER TO VOTE. 1 is worst, 5 is best. You get one vote per book. I don't think there'll be a time frame on polls, but a few weeks after the end I'll tally up the numbers and see how things stand.

This includes 54 regular books, 4 Chronicles, 4 Megamorphs, and 2 alternamorphs, and yes I'd like to include the alternamorphs this time. They are not consistent with the story, and people have different opinions of their value at large, but I'd like to to them both to get a couple of slack weeks (this is a 64 week project, minimum) and to address a few things that can be contrasted with the main books.
About the timeline-I'd like to again be going in order of publication of the originals, and doing one per week.

This will all be much the same as last time-in fact, I promise to steal at least a few of the questions that came up last time.
I'll post questions, you are free to answer them, ignore them, and post your own as you see fit.

There are some themes I'm going harp on again and again: for example in most Jake books, I'm going to try and get a discussion going on his development and role as a leader. I'll continually try bring up the experience of being in a morph, and asking you to place yourself in  moments from the books.

I strongly hope that we get as many people as possible involved, and that everyone tries to read along.
I know some people can participate from memory, but it's still good to actually have the whole book recently done, so we can all nit pick the little things. Most the books can easily be done in under 2 hours. 20 minutes before bed each night and you'll be done with time to spare.
I'm going to try to post the thread each Saturday night PT.

Keep in mind this is a reread. We'll be going book by book, but at times we'll discuss the impact of a moment on the series at large. So, there will be spoilers, and I for one will not be monitoring for them. You partake at your own risk.

I think that's all I wanted to let you in on. For now.
I hope you participate, hope you enjoy, hope you hogtie and drag everyone on RAF who is not participating into it.
Always remember that you're entitled to your opinions, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs. Have a discussion, have a debate, but keep it civil.
This is what RAF is for, right? An adult conversation about a children's book.

The Invasion begins next Saturday

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
This should give me a reason to be a little more involved, and I missed it the first time around, so should be cool.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
Sounds good, Rob. I think we should do a bit of PR work too. I can get a blog post up announcing the re-reads, but some other stuff might be worth attempting. Links in our signatures, perhaps?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
Would it be wrong to say I love you teach?
Or Mr. Guy, cuz he's the only one who's showed any interest in this yet?

I was planning to bug Richard, ask him to send out blogs, p.m.'s, emails whatnot.
I still might, but if you can kick off a blog post that'd be great.

I for one will be altering Avatar weekly and signature somewhat weekly as a form of spadvertisement for this project, but not till Saturday.
Which reminds me, I need to have it read before then so um.... excuse me
*running away!*