Author Topic: "Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread  (Read 38533 times)

warren_bearclaw

"Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
This is the Out of Character comment thread for the RP "Our Summer Vacation...", just in case no one could figure that out.  ;D

Sure, let's have a morphing bug! Someone take the box from Sean and put it down with their seashells or something.... Maybe that's when our parrot friend will drop in! And no, we wouldn't have Skype (*feels embarrassed for not knowing about that*), but since we're in high school or up, we could have cars and cell phones (maybe not all of us, but whatever). Anyone who wants the box can go ahead and have Sean toss it to them without waiting for me to write it.

EDIT:
I'm going to keep a list of all morphs acquired by our guys... just to keep away confusion.

Sean: Squirrel, Canadian Goose, Northern River Otter, White-tailed Deer, African Lion, Western Diamondback Rattlesnake, Saltwater Crocodile, Ring-tailed Lemur,

Brian: Human (thirty-something w/ spare tire), Fly, Eastern Timber Wolf, Turkey Vulture, Kodiak Bear,

Chad: King Crab, Dog (?), Red-Tailed Hawk, Siberian Tiger, (some random monkey...), Rattlesnake, Black Mamba, Anaconda, Fly, c0ckroach, Elephant,

Olivia: Human (Josefina), gecko, Squirrel, Canadian Goose, Leopard, Bald Eagle, Ring-tailed Lemur, Elephant,

Josefina: King Crab, Human (Olivia), Dog, c0ckroach, Canadian Goose, Canadian Moose, Ring-tailed Lemur, Elephant,  Human (Edward/Ultor's host), centipede,

Kristen: Husky ("Balto"), Parakeet, Pelican, Lynx, Tasmanian Devil, Coyote, Raccoon, Cheetah, Peregrine Falcon, Dolphin, Housefly,

Here's the Google Map: OSV map

OSV Banner attached.....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:09:43 AM by Bear »

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
Re: "Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »
Much obliged! Now I can ask a question, is there a particular post order or are we free-for-all-ing it?
Meh.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
Great! I think it'd be ok if Sean has a car and Chad can rent it, to make it simpler.
And for the posting order, Josh had better answer that, though I think there wouldn't be one because sometimes it'd get too complicated. But he's gotta answer it, being the GM.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 03:26:16 PM »
But he's gotta answer it, being the GM.
Oh, I'm honored! I figured we'd go without a specific order, since sometimes it might just be two or three characters involved. And also, it let's the other players write when someone can't get online for a while. Thanks for asking my opinion, but I want to know what y'all want, too.

Ah darn... if we have licenses, we won't have any 'trash can' scenes... :(

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
Trash Can scenes?
Meh.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
As in, Marco banging into everything because he can't drive. xD

I will write a post soon, Josh, so that we get it moving.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
... have you read Megamorphs 1? [spoiler]"Aaaaaaahhhhh!" Cassie screamed.
"Look out! Lookoutlookoutlooko utlookout!" Jake yelled.
"Would you both shut up?" I demanded. "I'm trying to drive here!"
"Car! Car! Car!" Jake yelled.
I yanked the wheel left. The car sped by, horn blaring. The driver stuck his hand out the
window and made a sign with his fingers.
"That's rude," I said. "And totally uncalled for."
BAM!
"Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!"
"Oh, it's just a trash can," I said. "Chill out."
BAM!BAM!BAM!
"Okay, so it's four trash cans," I said.
"Get off the sidewalk, you lunatic!" Jake said.
I yanked the wheel to the right. We bumped off the sidewalk, sort of grazed a parked car,
and...
BAM! BAM!BAM!
"Do you hate trash cans?" Jake asked. "Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH
CANS?!!"
"I can't drive with you screaming in my ear," I said.
"You can't drive at all!" Jake said.
"Left! Turn left! There,, there! Turn left! It's that way," Cassie said, taking time out from
screaming.
I turned left. I missed the actual street, but fortunately, the people who lived on that corner
did not have any trees in their front yard.
BUMP! Over the curb. BUMP! Rear wheels over the curb. I stepped on the gas and tore
across the lawn.
"Cool," I said.
"I'm going to kill you, Marco," Jake said in a weirdly calm voice. "If I survive, I am gonna
kill you."
7 7
"You said you could drive!" Cassie accused.
I shrugged. Actually, what I had said was I scored millions of points playing Wipeout, this
excellent video game. "Okay, so it's not exactly like Wipeout. I'm doing the best I can."
[/spoiler] Yeah, that's like one of the best scenes in the series.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »
... have you read Megamorphs 1? [spoiler]"Aaaaaaahhhhh!" Cassie screamed.
"Look out! Lookoutlookoutlooko utlookout!" Jake yelled.
"Would you both shut up?" I demanded. "I'm trying to drive here!"
"Car! Car! Car!" Jake yelled.
I yanked the wheel left. The car sped by, horn blaring. The driver stuck his hand out the
window and made a sign with his fingers.
"That's rude," I said. "And totally uncalled for."
BAM!
"Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!"
"Oh, it's just a trash can," I said. "Chill out."
BAM!BAM!BAM!
"Okay, so it's four trash cans," I said.
"Get off the sidewalk, you lunatic!" Jake said.
I yanked the wheel to the right. We bumped off the sidewalk, sort of grazed a parked car,
and...
BAM! BAM!BAM!
"Do you hate trash cans?" Jake asked. "Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH
CANS?!!"
"I can't drive with you screaming in my ear," I said.
"You can't drive at all!" Jake said.
"Left! Turn left! There,, there! Turn left! It's that way," Cassie said, taking time out from
screaming.
I turned left. I missed the actual street, but fortunately, the people who lived on that corner
did not have any trees in their front yard.
BUMP! Over the curb. BUMP! Rear wheels over the curb. I stepped on the gas and tore
across the lawn.
"Cool," I said.
"I'm going to kill you, Marco," Jake said in a weirdly calm voice. "If I survive, I am gonna
kill you."
7 7
"You said you could drive!" Cassie accused.
I shrugged. Actually, what I had said was I scored millions of points playing Wipeout, this
excellent video game. "Okay, so it's not exactly like Wipeout. I'm doing the best I can."
[/spoiler] Yeah, that's like one of the best scenes in the series.

I haven't read anything besides Animorphs, no Megamorphs/Visser/Hork-Bajir/Alternamorphs. Except for Vegemorphs. That stank. But I love that scene. :D

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »

I haven't read anything besides Animorphs, no Megamorphs/Visser/Hork-Bajir/Alternamorphs. Except for Vegemorphs. That stank. But I love that scene. :D
You poor deprived human being, the chronicles are some of the best writing in the series and shed massive amounts of light on the whole Ani-verse. And yes, Vegamorphs did suck.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
Hey Rad (can I call you Jo?), do want to help sail the boat?  I figured that Sean would have to since he's the only one over 21, but I don't really know much about sailing!

radgeek

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »
If I'm sailing the boat then it should be one with one sail and work on wind power (no motor).  I've worked those in the past.
And you can call me Rad, Geek, Jo Christina, Chris, Radiation, anything but Harry Potter.
Since tech is older Jo will be a ham radio operator originally licensed in Boston.  Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »
Thanks to Wikipedia I do! That's cool that your teen is licensed. Would it be cheesy if I made Brian an Eagle Scout? It's what I know...

radgeek

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
I love Wikipedia. Makes people look smarter online.  Sure Eagle Scout is fine with me.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
 ;D

If and when I use any other temporary characters, I'll just write in black. Does anybody want to claim the andalite nothlit as their character? I can 'own' him/her at first if y'all want, but I wouldn't mind letting someone else handle him/her.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:58:07 PM by warren_bearclaw »

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
OoC: I'll do it, I know I already have two characters, but it will allow me to interact with you guys a little more in the beginning.
Meh.