Author Topic: "Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread  (Read 38606 times)

radgeek

Re: "Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
I don't feel qualified to be the Andalite nothlit because I only read up to book 23.  Tony if you handle the Andalite I'll handle the two parts I PMed you about.  Whatever you want?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
tsk, tsk, keeping secrets... (just kidding)

Let's wait for Chad, then we can go ahead an cast off... I'll introduce the parrot (who will soon have a name) at sea.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Secrets, secrets...;)

I'm about to post, Josh! ;D

radgeek

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
Side note: Sean not having a last name is killing me.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »
Okay Chad, what's our last name?

I thrust a robe into Chad's hand.  "Could you get the sail up please?"
huh?

radgeek

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
I hate English. Rope is what i meant I'll fix that.
Have we picked a place in Texas yet?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »
How about Houston? It's the fourth most populated city in the United States (which would make it a great target), it has a port and is only half an hour from the actual coast, NASA's Mission Control is nearby, and there are several zoos, other large cities, and both state and national parks nearby. (There's even an endangered chicken refuge!) Houston is commonly threatened by hurricanes and flooding, and is very humid. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I'll find out; I've got family north of Houston (ooh! Can we live there?!? I can go to my Gramps' Judo Dojo' he has there! jk)

Let me know what y'all think, as always.

Edit: BTW, Bob Lanier was the mayor from '92 to '98, so I think he's the guy Tony's after.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:31:50 PM by warren_bearclaw »

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
Sounds awesome to the yeerks!
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »
Is Houston too big to have a farm near by?  Other than that great even got the time zone I was hoping for.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
How about Houston? It's the fourth most populated city in the United States (which would make it a great target), it has a port and is only half an hour from the actual coast, NASA's Mission Control is nearby, and there are several zoos, other large cities, and both state and national parks nearby. (There's even an endangered chicken refuge!) Houston is commonly threatened by hurricanes and flooding, and is very humid. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I'll find out; I've got family north of Houston (ooh! Can we live there?!? I can go to my Gramps' Judo Dojo' he has there! jk)

Let me know what y'all think, as always.

Edit: BTW, Bob Lanier was the mayor from '92 to '98, so I think he's the guy Tony's after.

Thanks for the information WB, I probably should have researched him before hand. Now that I've read about him, I  feel bad that he is about to be enslaved.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:51:02 PM by The_Missing_Animorph »
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »
Is Houston too big to have a farm near by?
Um... yes? I tried looking at google maps to see how much empty space there was nearby, but it was so hard to tell.  It's a BIG city. I know that East Texas (aka, north of Houston) is pretty much completely empty. I've been there, there's nothing for miles. We drive to Houston quite often, and there's quite a bit of space outside of the suburbs and surrounding cities. We can always pretend...

I feel like such a geek! I just searched the zoo and aquarium to see what morphs we could pick up there. I saw crocodiles (I think...), clouded leapords, lions and tigers (and bears), elephants, and a bunch of other stuff, too. (Sorry Rad, I didn't see any mooses, but we can still pretend, since it is a fictional story.)

Now that I've read about him, I  feel bad that he is about to be enslaved.
I'm sorry, but that's hilarious!

radgeek

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
How could they not have moose?  All I need is the DNA.  Jo's dad could have a moose head on the wall.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »
I don't know if a dead head would work... would it? *remembers something* I'm pretty sure they have to be alive... they had to acquire a Taxxon once, and they had to hurry because it was dying.  Let's just put one in the zoo anyways. We have to have a moose!

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
The creature you aquire the DNA from has to be living (which makes no sense). Josh is right though, we don't have to be 100% accurate all the time. I.E. when I infest the mayor here in about 10-15 minutes, I am going to be making everything up as far as the mayors house and security measures.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »
Then why did Ax say they only needed blood in #18 The Decision?  But I'll send Jo to the zoo.