Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 36999 times)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »
Everything's good with me. ;) When'll we start?

radgeek

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:57 PM »
Josefina
I saw Brian hold up the blue box.
I walked over in my wetsuit covered the a lacy crotchet dress and the wind blowing in my hair.  "Are there any markings that show who it belongs to?" I said as I took the box. There was tingling feeling as I touched it but that must have been the wind.

ooc: I think we are starting nowish Marvin.
If this is the same time as the Animorphs this means I won't be able to Sype my friends in Boston or Canada, right?

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
OOC: Well, I'll just wait t' be sure. 'Cause I'm not sure if there'll be a new thread, or if we'll start at a different time.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
OOC: Well, I'll just wait t' be sure. 'Cause I'm not sure if there'll be a new thread, or if we'll start at a different time.

OoC: (By the way, OoC stands for out of character) We are definately starting right now Marvin, Warren has already posted which means that this is the place where we will be doing the roleplay (unless he suggests somewhere else which I don't think he will).

Also, I know I'm not on the island, but I'm going to post some things just so my character(s) is out there and you guys can get a feel for him

BiC:

Sub-visser 2 stood perfectly still, perfectly at attention, as Visser three disembarked from the Bug fighter that had carried him here, several thousand earth miles from California. He and his assistant Regalis walked through the thirty or so Controllers that had lined up to greet the arival of the Visser.  "It's good to see you Visser, welcome to our humble abode. As the humans would say, my house is your house."
            <yes,yes, enough of these foolish human sayings. How is the infestation of this part of the country?> asked the Visser, menace in his voice and movements.
             "Well, my Visser, we have successfully infested about a thousand humans since the operation offically began two months ago, several of which are in positions of importance among humans in this state."
      The Sub-visser moved quickly through the underground complex, Regalis and the Visser at his side. Although not as large as the main pool, the texas complex was still the size of a small town or village with several hundred controllers, mostly human or taxxon, moving about their business. The Sub-visser strode towards his office, it was next to one of the three small yeerk pools that composed most of the complex, and motioned the two gaurds to let him in. The gaurds stepped  aside quickly as the important yeerks entered the building. "Here Visser, allow me to go over everything with you. Let me tell you what we know."

-Done-
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:01:59 PM by The_Missing_Animorph »
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »
ooc:
ooc: I think we are starting nowish Marvin.
If this is the same time as the Animorphs this means I won't be able to Sype my friends in Boston or Canada, right?
I was out of character just not out enough.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »
OOC: Oh good grief, I got confuzzled. Pay no attention to me. I got a little distracted. *sighs* I tend to embarrass myself every now or then. And btw, I use OOC and IC.

IC:

Chad peered at the blue-ish box. Waiting to get a turn at looking over it, he wiped some of the sweat off his forehead. It was certainly hot here. Not exactly a total paradise. But then again, brochures tended to exaggerate a bit. "Who cares who it belongs to? I mean, if it's left here, I think we can keep it." He took it from Jo. As he held it, something passed through him, but his curiosity of the box got the better of him. "It's actually pretty heavy...what's up with it?" He turned it around, but dropped it on his foot, and it rolled onto the ground.

OOC: Hey, Josh, I was just wondering, maybe because Chad's let the box fall, an ant or something has acquired it. And then, it acquires someone and morphs, which is what interests us? Just a random idea, ignore it if need be.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
((( I use triple parentheses for OOC comments, but we could start a separate thread for them if y'all want. Either way, the main role-play will be here.
I'm not sure what you mean Rad.... By the way Tony, I like the way your doing your backstory instead of sitting out! I've picked the cube, but if I/we drop it again, something could happen to touch it. I'm going to write for Brian in red and Sean in maroon)))

"I don't see anything on it, Jo. Not even any seams. I can't even tell what it's made from..." I said. SQUUAAAK!! I wished the parrots would shut up. I scratched my neck and regretted it. You should've put on more sunscreen, stupid. I scolded myself.

"What'd you kids find?" I asked. When I saw the cube-thingie Brian had found, I understood why they were confused. I knelt down and picked it up from where Chad dropped it to examine it closer. My fingers kinda twitched and I almost dropped it. "Maybe it's some kind of mineral or crystal? Hmm...." I thought it was weird, but I honestly wasn't too interested in where it came from. Probably somebody left it out here, which pretty much made it trash. I looked on the ground to see if there were anymore, but I only saw a freakishly long centipede. "You guys see any others?"

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
OOC: I wouldn't mind a separate thread. ;) And what radgeek means is "If this is set in the same time Animorphs happened (roughly the late 1990s), I wouldn't be able to have Skype, right? And, we've all touched it, and I'm waiting for approval of the idea.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
(((Here's the OOC thread --> "Our Summer Vacation" OOC thread Look there for my other comments...)))

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »
After his Dad was done with it, Chad took it and looked at it some more. Puzzled, he decided he'd take it back to look at it more. He set it down next to his backpack; a couple of ants were there, so he tried to shoo them off. Instead, he was bitten by one. He set it down anyways, and then said, "What should we do now?"

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 03:47:55 PM »
         Several hours after the Visser had departed Ultor was finally able to collapse with a sigh into his office chair. His host had been flooded with the hormone known as adrenaline since the arrival of his old comrade and master and this left him exhausted. Ultor glanced around contentedly, he had designed his office in a very specific way, making it incredibly pleasing to his human eyes. Here a painting, there a rug, to the left an aquarium. <You are becoming quite the human lover yeerk,> his host said, startling the sub-visser.
        <This is my body now, why should I now cater to the things that make it happy? You, Edward, above all creatures, should know that life is about making ones self happy.> The sub-visser had no problems with talking to his host, even occasionally letting it have control of their body when he wanted to more fully immerse himself into the humans memories.
         The Sub-visser rose from his chair and moved towards the door to the room, his shoes making clacking noises as he moved across the wooden floor. The sub-visser moved out of the door, taking in the sights and smells of the complex, "I never grow tired of this place," he told the Hork-bajir guards that now flanked him on either side. The sub-visser made his way to the conference room where he and the his most senior people met. He brushed by Gedd, Taxxon, and Human controllers as he walked. Yelling occasionally at one of his guards to discipline a particularly slow or distracted yeerk that didn't get out of the way in time.
        The conference room was dark when Ultor entered and one of his guards quickly snapped on the lights. The room was large, with green carpet, no windows, and a mahogany table with chairs in the middle. Soon the others would arrive, soon he could deliver the news that the Visser had given him, soon they would all know about the Andalite Bandits and their attack on the California Yeerk pool.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
" I bet Mr. York would know what it is... assuming it's some kind of rock." I said. Mr. York is a chaperon and the school's Geology Teacher... he's really into minerals and stuff. "Anywho, let's go check out that hill over there. We could probably see the rest of the island from there." I set my pack down next to Chad's and took a few steps towards the hill about a football field away.

"Let's make it quick though... I'm not going to pay the extra money for the boat rental if we're late all by myself." He knew that would get the kids going. The sun was getting lower in the sky, though not quite setting yet.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
"OK!" Chad said, and picked up the blue box. An ant crawled on him and bit him again. As he walked with the box and his backpack, he felt tired. Suddenly, he heard a strange but low squishing noise. He stared to the ground in time to see something start to rise.

radgeek

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Josefina
"You boys are crazy.  You'll be too tired to enjoy the boat."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »
"Hey, it's what we do!" I gave a shrug. I was out front, leading the others to the hilltop, which was only half as far now. "Besides, it really isn't..."

"Chad! Take off your pack! There's something on it!" I was behind him, watching a writhing, black mass grow on his back. It looked like... I don't even know how to describe it. Let's just say it wasn't pleasant.

I turned around at the sound of Mr. ------'s voice, and I could see the ...thing... over Chad's shoulder. "Aahh!" I cried out.

I felt like gagging, or running back to the boat, but I quickly got my act together and whacked of the whatever-it-was to the ground with my water bottle. I wasn't to interested in getting it on me. "What is that?!?"  This is going to be one strange evening, isn't it?