Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37046 times)

radgeek

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »
Josefina
"Kill it!  Kill it!"

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »
Okay, I thought. I stomp and jump on it, but I can' t tell if it's stopping or not. It sure is squirming a lot though, and making squishy, grinding sounds. "Is it even alive?" I wonder aloud. I wasn't sure if I hoped so or not... 

"Maybe we should just leave now?" I offered. What I really meant was, 'LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »
Regalis 61288 glanced around the confrence room wearily, the meeting had been going on for quite some time now the shock value of the news was begining to fade. The hork-bajir controller had listened, rather alarmed, as Ultor had delivered the news of the Andalite Bandit attack in California. The news had dragged memories from his time on the Taxxon world to the forefront of his mind. It wasn't untill Ultor began talking about new security measures that he snapped back to attention.
     "-Dracon cannon. There will be four Dracon cannon placed throughout the facility, three at the Pools themselves and the fourth near the main enterance under the YTLS Radio station building. Regalis 61288 will be the new head of security." For a moment the edges of a Hork-bajir smile formed on his face, he had just been promoted. The meeting was adjourned and Regalis followed Ultor out of the building. He could feel the smooth dracon-carved stone on his feet. Regalis glanced up as they walked, watching human technicans begin installing the new dracon cannons.
    "It will be weeks untill these are completed," Regalis said, glancing at Ultor. They were heading to the cafeteria.
    "I know," the Sub-visser replied, "but at least we are installing them, the Visser laughed at the idea and called me a weak fool." Regalis felt himself wince, it was unusual for Ultor and the Visser to fight.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
Josefina
The growing mass that Mr.---- was trying to kill kept growing.  I turned away and grabbed my HT (hand held) radio that I used whenever I sailed because I didn't have a nautical radio license.  I briefly thought of sending out a mayday, but had no idea what to say. Save me from scary growing bug.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »
After my initial reaction to the creepy creature (It looked kinda like an ant, but the legs were the wrong sizes, and I swear it had hair and little ears.) I looked around for a rock. I found a big one. It was heavy, which made it hard to lift, but perfect for the job.

WHOMP!

I was pretty sure it was done growing now.

I stepped back when Brian dropped the boulder on the nightmare in progress. Just to be sure it worked, I jumped on the rock a few times.
"Back to the boat. We're leaving now." I said, like I was still calm and in control.

radgeek

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
Josefina
I was the first in the boat.  But I had forgotten to tie off.  Nothing that my pocket knife couldn't handle after everyone was aboard.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
Chad had fortunately not been able to see most of the gruesome--what was it?--thing. Now, he took a look back at the island, then hopped in the boat. He wasn't so scared, but sometimes he'd get a little seasick. Now, however, he was fine.

radgeek

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 04:03:55 PM »
Josefina
I thrust a rope into Chad's hand.  "Could you get the sail up please?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:43:42 PM by radgeek »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
The thing began oozing, and I fought the sudden nausea that welled up inside me. It was alive, or at least had been. It was only moving in small jerks now. I shuddered as I turned and jogged back to the boat, looking behind my shoulder half way.  There was a bird on the railing, but I shooed it away. I didn't want anything that moved on that ship, other than my friends. "Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I'm done for today." Typically, I loved the outdoors. But right now I wanted to get somewhere with a closed door behind me.

I made sure that I was the last to board the ship; I can't really explain why, I just figured I should. I was supposed to keep these three safe. I was going to explain what we'd seen as soon as we got back to the rental place. I wasn't looking forward to filling out any forms about this, but there shouldn't be little 'surprises' like that on these islands. What was it? Some scientific experiment, a weapon, a nuclear accident? I shuddered as I thought about having no clue what it could have been. That really bugged me.... I was glad that Jo knew had to handle the ship better than I did because, well, I really didn't know much about it at all. She was the one who'd talked us into coming, but I wasn't going to point that out right now. "Everyone's got their stuff, right?"

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »
   The Sub-visser made his way down the street, the noises of the human city that he was now apart of causing his head to throb. It seems even humans were not naturally adjusted to all the noise that their kind created. <Of course not, Ultor, our species evolved on the plains of africa,> His host said bemusedly.
   "Silence fool, I have no time for you now," the yeerk said aloud. Ultor brushed by several humans as he walked past book stores, grocery stores, party stores. The texas night was hot and humid and he could smell the sea in the air.
    The black van was waiting for him at the end of the block as he had ordered and he quickly aproached it and opened the door. Primitive human vehicle that it was, it was what he was reduced to. "Move over you fool," Ultor snarled at the controller in the passenger seat. This rebuke was followed by a quick jab to the mans nose as he stumbled into the back of the Van.
     He looked around, the van was specially modified. The last two rows of seats had been removed to accomodate the bulk of a hork-bajir-Regalis 61288- and to make room for the portable yeerk pool that had been installed. There was one yeerk inside. "To the mayors house," The sub-visser said, his seat belt slid home with a click, and the Van sped away.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »
Josefina
I cut the rope holding us to shore and pushed off.  "I hope you don't have to pay for that rope Mr. -----."  After alining the rudder and the sail, all I could do was wait for the wind to pick up.  That was anticlimactic end to a panicked run.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »
OoC: I know that I've posted alot recently, but I want to get to my first action scene.

Bic: The ride to the limozine company (this was plan B) was long and uneventful; even at this late hour the freeway was crowded with humans and their vehicles hustling about their insignificant lives. Regalis watched Ultor Carefully as the van came to a stop and the Sub-visser stepped out. After a moment, Regalis followed his leader over to the waiting Limosine; he had been told that humans of particular importance rode in them. The Second-in-command could see that the limosine already contained one occupant as Ultor climbed into it. Regalis stood by himself in the darkness, listening to the traffic go by in the distance. The limosine company was dark. It was after closing time. With a whir the window of the human vehicle rolled down and Regalis could see ultor inside.
    "I will ride to the Mayors home with Lesnum 112, you and the others are to follow in the van until we are two blocks away and then you must pull off to the side of the road." Ultor said, an eerie calm in his voice. Regalis listened patiently to his master as he continued, "Lesnum's host is the mayors best friend and he has arranged an after hours meeting with the mayor to discuss a business arrangement. I will pose as Lesnums Lawyer. Once we are inside we will take him."
     "But how, our brother, the one who was to infest him, is in the Van," Regalis said, puzzlement and concern in his voice. A surprised look came over his face when Ultor held up a baggy full of water that contained a yeerk.
      "Once the meeting is concluded, I and Lesnum 112 will pull our dracon weapons, disabling any security officers and thus ensuring the infestation of the human mayor. Now get to the van, we have much to do and the night is young."
      Regalis sprinted back to the van with the now occupantless pool. The van pulled away, following the Limo, heading toward the mayors house once more. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:08:35 PM by The_Missing_Animorph »
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 07:52:07 AM »
Josefina
"If you can row until we get some speed..."  I didn't think we would need oars so I didn't bring them.  The wind was to be good all day and I could never imagine running from, what ever that was.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
So much for 'Be Prepared', I thought. Then again, who would expect us to be trying to escape from something on our self-guided island tour? We'd drifted about 40 yards or so from the island (((does anyone on here use metric units?))). I was feeling a lot better now that we were in the boat. I was pretty sure that thing couldn't swim (particularly since it was now 'dead') but see, I wasn't entirely sure there weren't more. Truth be told, I'd start balling my eyes out if those whatchamacallits started swimming out to the boat. That bird was back... it was one of the macaws. I tried scaring it off, but it just fluttered over to the other side of the boat. I decided to just get over the dumb bird, but I still kept an eye on it to make sure it stayed a bird....

<I will not harm you; Don't be afraid.>

*blink, blink* "...huh?"

"I don't think any of us were worried about you, Brian..." I said, turning to face him as I did. He was staring at a parrot "You okay?"

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
OOC: Have we all heard the thought speak or just Brian?