Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37065 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
Visser four... I'd have to read his the book his in again, but I wouldn't be against it. (hint to anyone not signed up yet... we need a bad guy!) Yeah, our characters can know each other; all the 'morphs in the series knew each other in different ways. We could even be related if you want! Yeerk pool field trip works for me.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
And just for those who need to know about Visser Four:

Visser Four is the Yeerk who infested John Berryman who appears in Elfangor's Secret (Megamorphs #3). He lost the rank of Visser Four after losing the campaign on Leera to the Animorphs. In Megamorphs #3: Elfangor's Secret, he discovered the Time Matrix and intended to use it to change history, in order to make the future invasion easier for the Yeerks. When Crayak and the Ellimist deemed him dangerous, they sent the Animorphs after him. They managed to finally stop him on D-Day on the beaches of Normandy. In the ensuing chaos, Marco throws him into a burning tank. With the Time Matrix, the Animorphs rewrote the past so that Berryman would never exist, and Visser Four would presumably have never infested him.

I haven't read Megamorphs though....I'm ok with the relation. What sort?

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 07:37:36 PM »
I would love to join, this sounds awesome! Someone hinted at the fact that we still needed a bad guy and I would love to fill that role. However, I do think that Visser four has to much back story and that we would need ( and I would prefer) an unknown yeerk. A sub-visser perhaps? Let me know what you think and If I can join.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
Sure, Anthony! You can make up your own baddie. I figured it would have to be one of Visser Three's underlings, since he's in charge of Earth (that means we can have 'surprise visits' from our favorite Andalite Controller!) How often are you able to be on? (We'll be starting as soon as radgeek's flag changes to the U.S.)

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
I'm on alot more on the weekends but am able to get on once or twice a week for an hour or so. I'm getting a new laptop in a week  and will be able to be on every night then. Plus winters coming up and I don't work when it snows so my activity will increase monumentally then. Any idea when our friends flag will change?

By the way, call me Tony.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »
Alright, Tony.

Radgeek said
Normalcy will set in about the next monday or a few days after my flag turns back to the USA flag.
... which would be about this Monday.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
I shall work on a bio for sub-visser 2 in the meantime, though it may end up being more than brief. Any specificities you have for the character, the forces at his command, his host, or the yeerk pool complex?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:39:14 PM by The_Missing_Animorph »
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Nope. We want to keep this RP all in the Animorphs universe is pretty much the only limit. Well, your guy can't be an andalite-controller since Visser Three is the only one in the galaxy. But you can have whatever host you want (Just don't be a Leeran please.... that would be too hard!)! I'm assuming you'll be in charge of the region, and that you run the Pool, so make it however you like. Our story is happening pretty much at the same time as the series, so maybe we can share certain events somehow... Also, we might make up some controllers now and then, but you'll be in charge of the local Invasion.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
By the way, Radgeek's flag is back to that of the good ol' US of A. Also, I know a way we can eventually (by we I mean mostly the  morphers) get in contact with Jake. If you remember the book in which the Animorphs meet V3's twin, there is a website with actual humans that know about the invasion, perhaps the Ani's could hear from us this way...

Post Merged: October 15, 2010, 09:30:26 PM
okay, sub-visser 2's bio;

Bio

Name: Ultor 431
Host: voluntary Human-controller
Bio: The second highest ranking controller on the planet (though that changes later on), Sub-visser 2 has been a personal friend of visser 3's since the Invasion of the Horkbajir home world. Despite this, he still retains a relatively low millitary rank thanks to the Council of Thirteen and yeerk politics. Smart and deadly Ultor 431 is no stranger to the art of deception and supports the low-key plan for invasion, which sometimes puts a strain on his friendship with Visser 3. When out in public among humans he goes by the name Edward and is slightly more merciful than his boss and overlord. Ultor's main goal is the conquest of Texas, the second largest American state, and the advancement of the Yeerk Empire.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:31:29 PM by The_Missing_Animorph »
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
Thanks for sopping the change.

Name: Josefina Woodhouse
Age/grade: 18, 12th grade
Appearance: Tan skin, green eyes, black hair in a thick braid going down her back
Brief personal background:  Josefina, or Jo, spent most of her life being traveling between her divorced parents in Boston, where her mother lives, and in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, where her father, Laurence, ran a dairy farm.  With Josefina picking an American College and finding a new love, Mr. Woodhouse moved his business to Texas, and married Miriam, a local news anchor.  Miriam's son, Marvin, a college freshmen, also lives on the farm.  Josefina's mother, Maria, insisted that she go on the school cruise so she could see Puerto Rico, her mother country of origin, and make friends with her new classmates.
Desired battle morph:  Canada Moose or Attic Fox or New World Vulture

Also do a the Andalites have to die?  Maybe one could live and be taken home as a pet.

I asked about water because I could see Josefina missing the sea. I know I would.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
Desired battle morph:  Canada Moose or Attic Fox or New World Vulture
a MOOSE?!? That would be freakin' awesome! Moose are killer... did any of you guys ever read 'Brian's Winter' by Gary Paulsen? That book made me scared of Mooses (spl?). I feel so sad for our characters... none of us have a complete family... And if someone takes the Andalite/parrot home, I won't complain. And one last thing, are we by the coast or not? I vote *thinks a while* yes.

Well, it seems that everyone who's 'signed up' is ready... we've got three kids, a sub-visser, and a potential andalite/parrot (yeah, someone save the parrot!). I'm gonna make a second character and post again in the morning.

(is it okay if I'm your father, Marvin? I thought it would be cool if we had someone not in school, and I felt that we needed someone related....Cousins would be too un-original.)
Name: Sean
Age/occupation: Just recently 40/ Draftsman (It's like an architect, but a little different)
Appearance: Ever-so-slightly taller than his son Chad, black hair, brown eyes, short goatee
Brief personal background:  Divorced three years ago over his poor decisions and careless living. Sean graduated from a state college with a degree in Architecture, and has worked at several firms across the state. He has been employed at his present office for only ten months, which is almost the longest he's stayed in one company. He enjoys spending every other weekend with his two sons and daughter, but while he'd never admit this, he's glad that he only has them two weekends a month. (Don't worry, their 'experiences' together make him change his mind!) He gets permission from the courts to attend his son's overseas trip as a chaperone.
Desired battle morph: (I can't decide!!!) Saltwater Crocodile
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:15:14 PM by Bear »

radgeek

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
Desired battle morph:  Canada Moose or Attic Fox or New World Vulture
a MOOSE?!? That would be freakin' awesome! Moose are killer... did any of you guys ever read 'Brian's Winter' by Gary Paulsen? That book made me scared of Mooses (spl?).

I thought moose was cheesy but yes they are mean animals.  I mean deer you can run over and have dinner, but a moose ... your car is done.  But for indoor battles the attic fox would be my morph of choice.  Nope, never read the book.

I vote no shore. I want Josefina to feel like she's in an alien world called Texas, different from Boston and Nova Scotia.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »
Not that I'll be morphing, but I vote shore. Being on the shore broadens the number of morphs you guys get to choose from (and I get to order my men to lose to ;) ) and gives us a new enviroment to play in. Also, I'd like to create and additional chracter, another yeerk that will be sub-visser 2's main hench-man.

Bio

Name: Regalis 61288
Rank: Second in command to Ultor though not yet a sub-visser
Host: Hork-bajir
Bio: Regalis is the second in command to ultor 431 and is incredibly loyal to his boss. Born on the taxxon home world, Regalis 61288 was  nearly devoured by a mob of hungry taxxons when his taxxon host was injured. Then Sub-visser 13, Ultor 431, saved Regalis from the overpowering Taxxon hunger and had him transfered to his own command. Though not as intelligent as his boss Regalis does not follow orders blindly. The yeerk ocassionally alters his masters plans and sometimes going directly against Ultors wishes when he feels that his boss has made a mistake.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »
My name is Brian, and I have a story to tell. Not that you'll believe it.
See, most people will tell stories about their trip to France, or about the time their house flooded. Most people tell believable stories. 'Average' stories.
Not me or the people I'm with. Our story is... unique.
Of all places, it started on a Cruise ship on its way back from the Caribbean. Over Summer Break, our high school offered an 'International Studies' trip; y'know, we met people who spoke different languages, mingled with new cultures, ate weird food, and “experienced the wonderful world around us.” There were about 30 or 40 kids who came with us (as well as at least a dozen chaperones). Our school had gotten a special deal on the prices...it was a pretty neat trip. Sounds pretty normal, right?
Well, you won't think so for long.
The ship had stopped at this one big island that had a bunch of little ones nearby, like, within twenty miles or so. Anyways, there was this little motorboat rental place, and some of us pooled our allowance for fun stuff to go check out a couple of these little islands. Most of them didn't have any people living on them, so it was kinda cool seeing these all-natural places that hadn't been 'improved' on yet. On one of these islands though, we found something totally unnatural.

It was just the four of us; Me, a guy named Chad, his dad, and this girl named Josefina, who often went by 'Jo', which I thought was nicer. Even though we're a grade apart, I'd spent a lot of time with Chad on the trip, and he was a pretty neat kid. His dad was one of the chaperons for the trip. And Jo was nice, too.... We'd spent the last few hours exploring this little "patches of paradise", or so the brochure called them. They were cool, but it wasn't that great... there were reasons no one lived on them. We took lots of pictures of the birds, picked up some awesome seashells, and just had a good time. We had about an hour and a half left on the boat rental time, so we decided we wanted to check out one more island before we headed back. This one was supposed to have a big flock of scarlet macaws, which was weird for this area. They were loud and noisy, and didn't seem to be bothered by us too much. We watched them for a while as we walked through the trees and underbrush together. That's when I almost stepped on the box. It was sky blue and square, maybe four inches on each side (or 10 cm... my math teacher would be so proud!). It seemed kind of heavy for being so small. It definitely hadn't gotten there on it's own; actually, there was an impression of it left in the ground when I picked it up, making me think it fell there somehow. I had this weird tingling feeling when I picked it up. I stopped and said to the others, "Hey guys, check out what I found! Someone must have lost it..."

(((If anyone else wants in, or wants a second char, I can edit this, btw. Sorry Missing, I don't think you could be there since there's no yeerk pool on the ship, unless you want to rig that somehow...)))

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
OoC: No, i'm good, I can wait untill you guys get to dry land, or I'll just start kind of a mini story line on the side that consists of what the yeerks are up to.
Meh.