Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37002 times)

warren_bearclaw

Our Summer Vacation...
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »
My name is Brian, and I have a story to tell. Not that you'll believe it.
See, most people will tell stories about their trip to France, or about the time their house flooded. Most people tell believable stories. 'Average' stories.
Not me or the people I'm with. Our story is... unique.
Of all places, it started on a Cruise ship on its way back from the Caribbean. Over Summer Break, our high school offered an 'International Studies' trip; y'know, we met people who spoke different languages, mingled with new cultures, ate weird food, and “experienced the wonderful world around us.” There were about 30 or 40 kids who came with us (as well as at least a dozen chaperones). Our school had gotten a special deal on the prices...it was a pretty neat trip. Sounds pretty normal, right?
Well, you won't think so for long.
The ship had stopped at this one big island that had a bunch of little ones nearby, like, within twenty miles or so. Anyways, there was this little motorboat rental place, and some of us pooled our allowance for fun stuff to go check out a couple of these little islands. Most of them didn't have any people living on them, so it was kinda cool seeing these all-natural places that hadn't been 'improved' on yet. On one of these islands though, we found something totally unnatural.

(((Okay, so  basically what happens next is the group finds a couple Andalites (nothlits?), who happen to have a morphing cube, and either on purpose or accident get the morphing power (and maybe the cube itself?). I won't decide if the Andalite(s) stay on the island (?), join the group, or die somehow, 'cuz I'm letting the other RP'ers pitch in their ideas. I do want to limit the number of people (all non-controller humans (remember, they've been on a cruise ship... no Yeerk Pool)) to about eight or so, and  there's at least one or two adults with them. This is happening at about the same time as the first book of the series (of course!) and the rest of the story takes place in Texas...yeehaw! Where in Texas, I haven't decided, but I guess we don't really need to. Just keep this in mind later when acquiring morphs... there are no wolves in Texas, for example. (BTW, I need some help deciding how and why these aliens are stranded on a little Caribbean island.)

If your interested in playing, give a short bio for your character, at least including the details below.)))

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age/grade:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Brief personal background:[/b]
[b]Desired battle morph:[/b]

Here's mine:
Name: Brian
Age/grade: 18, 12th grade
Appearance: average build, thick brown hair, slightly tan skin, just under 6'
Brief personal background: Brian's  father died of a genetic disorder when he was young. Brian's mother is a teacher at the high school, and he has a younger brother, Benjamin (or Ben), in the 9th grade of the same school. His uncle Robert (on his father's side) lives nearby. Brian does very well in school, is on the track team, and likes to go camping often.
Desired battle morph: Kodiak Bear
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:17:56 PM by Bear »

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: My summer vacation...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
Oh, cool, this sounds like fun. ;D I am most certainly joining...but I'd like to ask a few questions.
1. Can we have more than one charry?
2. If there are nothlits on the island, what form would they be in, and how would they have the cube, if it takes place at the time of "The Invasian".
3. So we'll have like, 8 kids played, along with 2 adults, and the rest NPCs?

I like to be detailed...:P

warren_bearclaw

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:35:07 PM »
1. Can we have more than one charry?
Sure, but I figured this would be more fun if we didn't have 20 something people running around, so I thought we should limit how many people we have in the game. We'll have some Controllers, other aliens, etc. later on as well. Depending on how many people we have playing, we might all have a couple characters.
2. If there are nothlits on the island, what form would they be in, and how would they have the cube, if it takes place at the time of "The Invasian".
I dunno, parrots? I haven't come up with a backstory for the Andalites yet, just that they are somehow on the island at the same time as this group is... go figure. They would have to have a different cube than the one Elfangor uses... there are more than one.
3. So we'll have like, 8 kids played, along with 2 adults, and the rest NPCs?
...Maybe? I just thought the original group shouldn't be too big ( we don't want to start out with twenty morphing kids...), but we'll definitely be able to expand later on. Like I said above, Controllers, aliens, Visser Three, other people, (the Ellimist?), will all come into play, too. I say 'kids and adults' so that we'll have a decent age range, rather than one age for everyone.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
Gotcha. So for now, I'll create just one charry. ;D If needed, I can always add more than one. Oh, and here's a possible basis for the reason why the nothlits are there?
~~~
Basically, the Andalites (I'd say no more than four) used to live in Zero-space, but were banished to earth because they loved the pleasure of killing (sort of like Rachel), but they managed to get one of the cubes before they got to Earth. There, they got trapped on an island and had to morph to get used to the climate and survive better. However, one day, they all got passed the 2 hour limit, and became trapped. After we come along, we get the power to morph quite accidentally, and they wish to kill us. However, we manage to escape, with only the help of one nothlit, who explains to us what we can do....
~~~
OK, so that was uber lame. Don't use it if you don't feel like it. :P I just had to get it out of me.

A few more questions too. You'll control the nothlits, right? And I think (and I hate it when I do stuff like this [e.g. saying what I think should be done]) that we should have no more than six morphing kids for starters....Oh, and could I have a morph like a tiger for battle morph, assuming there's a zoo I can get one at?

OK...profile.

Name: Chad
Age/grade: 17/11th grade
Appearance: Tall, average build, red hair, strangely colored eyes, about 6 feet
Brief personal background: Chad's parents were divorced, and his mother had gotten custody of him, along with his younger pain in the butt brother Jared.
Desired battle morph: Lion/Tiger

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:20:42 PM by J-man »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:43:33 PM »
That's an interesting idea of them being banished... by the way, they don't have to be nothlits if we decide against it. Maybe they just crash landed there ( I don't know why...) and have been stuck there. Maybe they morphed into native animals to survive a hurricane, which are pretty common there, and got knocked unconscious for more than two hours... again, I guess we don't really need a reason.
 My idea is that we find the cube, pick it up and pass it around (*oops*), and then a parrot/Andalite (or something) tells us what we've just done. Maybe they're from a 'rebel' group that disagrees with their government and sets off to enable other species to protect themselves. Unfortunately, since they're stuck in morphs (I agree, only two to four of them), they couldn't even leave the island. I like the idea of one coming with them, but why wouldn't the others... maybe they died of natural causes?

Sure, let's stick with just six people (for old times sake!), but what do you think about having a young adult with them? Maybe just one teacher from the school.... Yeah, I'll control the Andalites, but others can feel free to introduce new NPC's and control them.

I won't decide what battle morph you should have, but I think I'm leaning towards a big cat, too... And if you choose a lion, I'll be thinking 'David' the whole time (jk). There are plenty of zoos in Texas (in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and others too.), so any animal should be fair game. Except Pandas. I always kinda wondered why the 'morphs didn't all get the same morphs.

radgeek

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:42 AM »
I would love to join just not at this moment.  I'm kinda on a farm away from home.  But when I get back I'll play.  If when I get home we're still setting up I would like to be a morphing teen.  But if I join late I could be a Yeerk, like Tom or Chapman.

I love that idea of nothlits, Marvin's back story is cool and a bit cheesy.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
Yay for me making something cheesy!! :P

I like your idea. Accidentally pass the cube around, and then we end up finding out what we've done. Sure, the other ones can die of natural causes too....

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »
We'll wait for ya, radgeek. The more the merrier! (How long will you be there?)
I kinda liked the idea of being attacked... maybe one could have gone crazy. what do y'all think?

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
Great. But...one thing I didn't get. Attacked?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »
Quote from: Marvin D.
After we come along, we get the power to morph quite accidentally, and they wish to kill us. However, we manage to escape, with only the help of one nothlit, who explains to us what we can do....
... I figured that meant some kind of attacking was involved...

radgeek

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »
Normalcy will set in about the next monday or a few days after my flag turns back to the USA flag.

One extra thing: if we keep the cube others could join in latter as morphers.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »
I hope this isn't frowned upon, but I'm posting to bump this thread to the top of the board. Anyone else interested in joining? We'll be starting in about a week, and I wanted to let everyone who wants to have a chance to jump. For those of us who've already decided to play, let's start thinking about missions and stuff for our characters, and (maybe?) do a little research on the Texas wildlife and area. If we don't have anyone else join soon, I'll bring another character of mine into our little group, and I'll make a controller back at the school, too. (The public school system must be just flooded with Yeerk-heads!)

...Who's gonna be our major bad guy? Visser Three wouldn't really work. Hmmm...

radgeek

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Would this be a shore town or more in-land?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »
...I dunno. What do y'all think? I live well inland from the coast, but I'd be fine with coastal. Did you know that if your in El Paso (a city on the western border of Texas) it's closer to the Pacific coast than the Atlantic coast? It's a big place...

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »
How about Visser Four? :P And, would it be ok if my charry knew yours? Perhaps the first mission could be finding out more about the Yeerk Pool, like in Animorphs. Just so we'd know what our odds would be.