Author Topic: the Goa'uld from stargate in the animorphs universe. Discuss. : P  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

i am a long time fan of stargate and animorphs. actually got into stargate first - i started watching stargate sg-1 in 98, got into reading animorphs in 99.

anyway, for those who are not fans of stargate sg-1, the goa'uld are the main villain for most of the series. they are snake like parasitic aliens who burrows into the host head/neck area and then take over their body. it is practically identical to the yeerks. the goa'uld can open up the host memories etc. and as a result can tick people that the host is still the host. difference is that the goa'ulds do not need to leave their host to feed, they can stay in their host forever without having to come out, and the can make their host's eyes glow briefly and can change the host's voice to sound deep and bass like, for show and intimidation.

so, goa'uld shows up in the animorph universe. since they are so similar to the yeerks, would they get along? would they fight? who would win?

i think that they won't get along, since both are after the same things - galactic conquest and host bodies. clash of mutual interests there. mutual tough completion against each other for sure. i think a fight between them would be a stalemate, a draw. both have large space fleets, hork bajir with their dracons against jaffas with their staff weapons. i doubt the hork bajir blades would be of much significance as the jaffa don't really tend to fight hand to hand. most resort to firing their weapons first, until hand to hand combat becomes a last resort. the jaffa train in melee combat as a part of their warrior culture, but from seen in the series, their battles always have them mainly firing their staff weapons. a battalion of jaffa firing in timed precise volleys into the ranks of hork-bajir in a field battle would decimate the horks.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:29:16 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline Red

• raptor girl
Re: the Goa'uld from stargate in the animorphs universe. Discuss. : P
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
i think that they won't get along, since both are after the same things - galactic conquest and host bodies. clash of mutual interests there. mutual tough completion against each other for sure. i think a fight between them would be a stalemate, a draw. both have large space fleets, hork bajir with their dracons against jaffas with their staff weapons.

The Stargate Snakes would jus' slither into the Yeerk Pool and eat them all :)

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
haha true that. in their natural forms without hosts, the goa'uld are still almost as formidable as snakes. if not more. they have venom, and they can leap out of the water with tremendous speed and glide by spreading out their frilled fins, and then literally impaling themselves into their would be host bodies throat.

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 09:24:44 AM »
haha true that. in their natural forms without hosts, the goa'uld are still almost as formidable as snakes. if not more. they have venom, and they can leap out of the water with tremendous speed and glide by spreading out their frilled fins, and then literally impaling themselves into their would be host bodies throat.

Oish! I think I prefer the Yeerks as a threat to all humanity ;)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
Yeah the Goa'uld don't exactly need you to be willing or have your head shoved in pool to steal your body. Would be kinda cool to see the Goa'uld and Yeerks fight each other, I would whose ships are more powerful?
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline cams

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »
what would happen if the stargate snakes tried to control someone who's already controlled by a Yeerk?
3 minds trying to control one body?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 05:23:03 AM »
what would happen if the stargate snakes tried to control someone who's already controlled by a Yeerk?
What would happen if a Goa'uld tries to control the Controller Tate who ate Yago, Charlie and Amelia? :P (6 minds, 1 body)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
I would much rather be taken over by a Yeerk than by a goa'uld, that's all I'm sayin' ;D  Even the Tok'ra still hafta burrow through the back of your throat.  Ew?

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
yea, and at least with a yeerk it has to come out of you to feed every three days, so once every three days at least you have the chance to be yourself once again, to control yourself once more. and with that opens up possibilities for escape.

with a goa'uld however, it does not need to come out of its host at all, and with a sarcophagus, it can make the host body live forever. (the sarcophagus is an advanced healing and regenerating device in the form of a sarcophagus, it heals the body from physical damage and aging, thus the use could heal themsleves from damage, and the regenration of cells keeps the cells young thus body remains young. all it takes is one sleep in it every once in a while.)

the poor host of the goa'uld apophis had been a unwilling host for like, over 10,000 years. when they say "nothing of the host survives", this would most likely be the case. however, somehow, someway, he held on to his mind and sanity, as when the goa'uld apophis was dying along with the host body, it temporarily loses control of the host and the host was able to speak as himself again, recounting wishes to be with his family and his home. it was a really touching scene.

here is a link to the scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FAosJ-4LY

watch from 5:14 sec onwards.

here is a link to a scene where a goa'uld takes a host by literally jumping right into the front on his throat lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xHin-0ETM

watch from 5:29 sec onwards.

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
I got into stargate in 00. It was my first real obsession. I got into animorphs a little after. I think the yeerks are more scary than the goa'uld because there are WAY WAY more of them. The goa'uld control a leader and nobody else, but the yeerks control EVERYONE!

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
I'd watch that fight, personally. But what if a Yeerk slithered into a Go'auld?

Offline Magdaleen

• wow, i sure haven't been here in a while. hello
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:43 AM »
I'd watch that fight, personally. But what if a Yeerk slithered into a Go'auld?

The Yeerk would control the Goa'uld to burrow into some person's neck, and then it will be the Yeerk controlling the person in the form of a Goa'uld, rather than the Goa'uld itself. ^-^
The Yeerk will get the memories of the Goa'uld instead of the Goa'uld's host.

And then the Goa'uld has to get out of the host every third day, or else the Yeerk will die of kandrona starvation and the Goa'uld will be the one controlling the person, rather than the Yeerk.

All this assuming if the Yeerk could fit inside a Goa'uld... :controller:

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
It would be an interesting mess, wouldn't it?

Also, Teal'c chatting up Elfangor would be made of epic win.