Author Topic: M.C.C.F.  (Read 8420 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: M.C.C.F.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:40:04 AM »
"It should be about six when we arrive. I'll go get a taxi." I walked out  and hailed a taxi. "Airport please."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:22 AM »
I slipped on my sunglasses and climbed into the back seat of the cab.
"Mind if I roll down the window?"
The driver shook his head permissively, and I turned the clunky old manual crank until it was down about seven inches, then I grabbed a few crumpled bills out of my wallet and slid them into the door pocket.
"Thanks. Here's fare for three blocks."
Immediately I started morphing the gyrfalcon; the driver's eyes widened.
"Three...? Hey, now, it's six blocks to the airport."
"I know..." <But I really don't feel like waiting on traffic. Thanks for the ride!>
I grabbed my sunglasses in my talons and hurled myself out the partially-open cab window. I circled once, twice, going for altitude... I called down to Cobra.

<Sorry for ditching you like that, but I want to get a look at our plane before we get on it. I'll be at our gate when you get there. On another note... that may take awhile. Traffic is pretty dense for the next two blocks. Might wanna' tell the cabbie to make a left on Stuyvesant and Houston.>

I rode the hot late afternoon air eastward, trying not to laugh.
It wouldn't matter what route the cab took; it would take at least another ten minutes just to get to the bridge. Gotta' love rush hour.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »
"Cabby stop. Here's fare for the full six blocks. Bye." I morphed peregrin falcon and flew out the window and met Finch in the sky.
<if your gong to skip traffic I'm not waiting for it either.> I gained some altitude and then shrieked towards the airport.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 02:11:54 AM »
I waited for him to catch up, by which time I'd already been circling the airport's main terminal for a minute and a half.

<Everything seems clear, from what I've seen; the pilot appears to be American, and the copilot is from India. If I heard them correctly, the intent is to land at a major airport not far from Jerusalem, and then hop in a smaller plane for the stopover within thirty miles of our site. I think they expect us to get ourselves to the actual location.>

((I'm hitting the hay now; busy morning to be had soon. G'night!))
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
<That sound right. I'm going to head down and do some of my style of investigating. If I'm correct our flight is just waiting for us to leave.> I dived down and swooped in for a landing. I demorphed and walked into the terminal. I went to the gate just as they started boarding I gave my ticket and they let me through.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »
I demorphed around the corner of the building, put my transitional sunglasses  back on, and slipped into the crowd shuffling toward the gate. I pretended to bump into the woman in front of me, hooking my foot in front of her ankle so she tripped-

-and I grabbed her wrist at the last second, catching her before she could hit the pavement. "Heh... sorry, so clumsy of me... it's these glasses, new prescription; can't see a damn thing."
"'Sokay, thanks for catchin' me."
I nodded and let go of her arm, stepped into the plane and did a quick partial-morph of the woman whose DNA I'd just acquired. Now I'd be able to use thought-speak, if needed, and my identity would be just obscured enough for me to feel okay in a space surrounded by so many people.
<Cobra, I'm two rows behind you and to your left; please cough if you notice anything that should concern us.>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
I nodded without looking over my shoulder. Then I went to the bathroom. When I came out I sat down next to Finch. I looked a different because I had ever so slightly morphed a king cobra. I guessed she had partially morphed too because she looked very different.
"Let's plan." 
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
<Okay, I was thinking we start as close to sunset as we possibly can. The lighting will be just dim enough to make it easy to stay hidden... no crisp shadows to give us away. I have an owl morph that blends pretty well and doesn't make any noise. Maybe just survey the area, search for ways in and out, and then decide from there?>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 03:15:27 PM »
<Hmm. I guess I'll go scorpion. If you could carry me close enough to be of use when I'm morphed that would be good.> Snake tongue slipped out. It was part of me that had morphed when I masked my face.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
<Careful, there, or you'll draw more attention than you want. Scorpion? Sounds fair enough. In a pinch, how do you feel about being dropped down somebody's shirt collar?>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »
<Fine with me. People down there should know better than to try and squish a scorpion.> "Besides if they do it won't be a happy day for them." I whispered as I demorphed fully.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
I faked a deep yawn. "Well, might as well nap until we land!" <I'll be awake, of course.> I turned to the side and closed my eyes, listening to the people around me on the plane.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 03:44:56 PM »
I just sat there thinking about the mission ahead.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
Periodically I demorphed and partially re-morphed, always keeping my face out of view when I did. A couple hours into the flight, the attendant announced that we'd be descending soon, and to fasten our safety belts. I nudged Cobra's shoulder and shot him a pointed glance toward the exit.
<Please try not to be seen standing too close to me when we get off the plane. I'd prefer we appear to be strangers.>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »
"I won't be seen near you." The airplane came in for the landing and soon we were able to exit. I hung back until the end and then headed over to the smaller plane.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!