Author Topic: M.C.C.F.  (Read 8423 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
M.C.C.F.
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »
Hi, I'm new here but I would like to do a role play. But as no are really going to start up right now I thought I'd start a new one. :)
It would be set twenty years after the first Yeerk war. Terrorist gained the morph power ten years ago and the governments of the world have been fighting them nonstop since then. The characters would be vigilantes or  part of the M.C.C.F. (Morph Capable Counter-Terrorism Force), or something else. The original animorphs are gone. I'm leaving the rest open to anyone who wants to play to make up.
If I mess up just let me know this is my first role play of this kind. Oh and also no demons or anything like that, ok?

---------------------------------------
My character;
Name: Cobra
Species: Human
Physical Appearence: Tall, wiry, flexible, brown hair with tanned skin,  and green eyes.
Personality: Quiet, Grim, with a subtle dry sense of humor.
History: His real name is secret. He was a mercenary before the terrorists got the morphing power ten years ago. He got his named from his black cloak and hood and his use of snake venom to poison his twin daggers. When the terroists got the morphing power the U.S. Government offered him a job in their new special forces department; the M.C.C.F. (Morph Capable Counter-Terrorism Force). He was given the abilty to morph and successfully fought morph-related terrorism for 6 year, but in the end the rules of the U.S. Military were too strict and he was court-marshalled for disobedience. He left the country and continued to fight terrorism on his own until now.
Other: After he gained the power to morph he only aquired snakes except for 4 of his morphs; an owl, a scorpion,  a peregrine falcon, and a komodo dragon. His favorite morph is the King Cobra.
Morphs: King Cobra
             Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake
             Side-winder
             Anaconda
             Reticulated python
             Beaked seasnake
             Kingsnake
             Peregrine falcon
             Scorpion
             Great Horned owl
             Komodo Dragon
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:52:04 PM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: M.C.C.F.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:11:30 AM »
This strongly resembles Operation MAAS, an RPG in which I participated some two years ago before the forum moved to this host.

I'm very much interested in this, but I'm just now beginning a Hell Week for a musical event and a few projects all at once. If more people join, by all means start the plot without me, but don't be too surprised if I try to drop into the action, savvy?

I look forward to seeing how this progresses. :) Welcome to RAF, Cobra. Call me Este.

EDIT: my character

Name: Aurelia Finch (alias)
Species: Human
Physical Appearence: Short, lean, dark brown hair and grey eyes, otherwise uniformly nondescript
Personality: She avoids contact with anybody outside her working group, but she is singularly good at working a large crowd to behave in specific ways.
History: Finch trained for four years in the art of mass distraction; she worked the past five years as a maker-of-diversions, specializing in small explosions, inducing commotions in crowds, and otherwise freelancing with various private investigators and bounty hunters, creating the moments of opportunity they require to get their work done. Finch chooses morphs for a combination of camouflage and large visual impact, allowing her to either maximize the attention turned away from her colleagues or else to effect her own escape from tight situations.  She prefers bird morphs for their mix of colour and camouflage, noise and silence, and their ease of escape. She carries a slim elastic pack that is just tight enough around her shoulders to allow her to morph while wearing it. It typically contains small explosives and marble-sized smoke bombs, a lighter, and a pocketknife.
Morphs:
Canary
Northern Cardinal
Raccoon
Pigeon
Gull
****roach
black house cat
housefly
Polar Bear
Coyote
Horned Owl
Gyrfalcon (white)
Ermine
Pea****
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:25:56 PM by Estelore »
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:06:44 AM »
wow, this really is EXACTLY the same as MAAS (oh how i miss it)

unfortunately i wont be able to participate due to craziness, but i hope you get as much awesome out of this as i did from OMAAS
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:01 AM »
Yea I was surfing the web and found MAAS I guess I might have stolen a few ideas from there. Hope it's ok? Really I had a character in mind and he fits this sort of story line. Anyways my chararcter will be starting in the middle east. I don't really have time to post anymore rigt now.

Post Merged: September 20, 2010, 09:27:59 PM
((As I've never roleplayed like this, I thought i'd try it out. I want some feeback on this tell me if it stinks or if it's ok.))

It had been four years since I was last in the military but I never forgot my training, except for now. On the latest of my missions I let an old pal from the army get my guard down and that was when the special forces came out behind me. I morphed Komodo Dragon and turned to face them. Then the bag came over my head. I heard a shot and felt a dart peirce my skin, then all went black.  
    When I came to the first thing I did was demorph I looked around and saw that I was in a cell. Apparently the military had had enough of my freelance fighting and my accidental interuptions of their missions. They didn't want me in the way anymore.
     They think this will hold me. I thought has I morphed a scorpion. At that moment I  heard footsteps coming down the hall. I scampered into a shadowed corner to hide and see who it was.

((I'm not really starting just wanted to see how I did. Also any body can join whenever during the course of the game if  it ever gets going))

Edit: it would be great if a few more people could join. I
 don't really care who.

---------------------------
We're starting

Colonel walker walked into view from my corner and said, "You can demorph Cobra. You aren't going anywhere. I'm here to tell you about a job for the government."
<What do they--> "want from me" I said as my mandibles gave way to my mouth.
"Just a cooperative assignment" Walker replied "Here," he said as he opened the door, "Follow me."
We walked out of the detention block and moved to a briefing room.
"So tell me about the job."
"We need you to infiltrate an black market organization that we think is supplying terrorists with weapons." He sighed. "Look I know you don't trust us and frankly I don't trust you either but you'll be paid well. Are you up for the job?"
"Beats sitting in prison. Yea, I'll do it. When do I start."
"Just as soon as your partner arrives."

((Este, maybe your character?)) 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:04:12 PM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
From my vantage point beneath his desk, I saw McIntyre shove the office door open.
"FINCH!" The P.I. barked my nickname in exasperation;
<Yessir?>
"Where the hell are you?"
<Where do you think I am?> McIntyre's face turned red, and I struggled to suppress my laughter as he near-frantically searched the corners of the ceiling. Did he really think I'd be a bird in such a small room? Some people never really learn, perhaps, but then, maybe I shouldn't have been so willing to tease my best source of inside information. Mac had helped me get jobs in the past, which had been harder and harder to do since the MacroTek fiasco the last year. I slinked into view.
<Ermine. Down here. Fuzzy little white thing. See me now?> I started to demorph while he talked. <So, why'd you call me here?>
"We have a job for you, but there's a good chance you won't like the stipulations."
<Stipulay->"-schunnnnzs?" My muzzle finally squashed into a recognizable humanoid mouth. Mac was right... I didn't like the sound of that. "Stipulations"... worse than "conditions", and only a little bit better than "requirements."

Mac shuffled a bit, looking uncharacteristicall y uncomfortable.
"Well. Um. You'll have to work with a partner."
"Yeah, what's new? Who is it this time, Odessa or July?"
"Neither."
"...Oh. How bad?"
"Ex-military."
"So bad."
Mac nodded.
"He's a merc. The name tossed around is 'Cobra', and I hear they had to literally trap him to get him to come in."
I winced.
"He sounds visible, Mac."
Visible: the worst quality to have in a client, for a divertor like me. My contact nodded again and grimaced visibly, all too familliar with my working preferences. Time and again I had turned down jobs from him, even in tight times, because a client was too visible, too noisy.

"So... tell me, please, why you even asked me here? You already know my default answer, so tell me what I have to know to change my mind, or I'm leaving as soon as I can hail a cab." I tried to keep my voice level, but the small office was starting to get to me. Funny, isn't it, that it takes morphing small animals to realize you're claustrophobic?

"He sounds visible, yes. He's ex-military, yes. He's also downstairs in holding, so if you are willing at least to consider this, you can meet the guy and find out what's what with him."

"I'm still not hearing the sweet voice of reason in your arguments...."
"-it's international."
"Well, that changes things, doesn't it?" This wouldn't be just a basic distraction job for a private group, and it wouldn't be the corporate spying I'd done for the past months. International issues meant two things: money and options. If I'd been asked, it meant they needed me, specifically.
"Mac, how far do you think I can push the issue?" The issue of funds; how hard can I grind the feds for cash? If they need me, how much are they willing to pay me, in order not to have to hire somebody less skilled?
"Last I checked, four figures was the baseline, and knowing you, it won't be hard to triple their current bid."
"Well, mister MacIntyre, consider me sold. By the way, what sort of international? Are we talking Europe, Asia, Mid-east?"
"Last I heard, it was closer to home, but they aren't telling me much. They just needed me to get to you; usual business. All I know is, there's arms dealing involved."
"Cool. So, where's our noisy new friend?"
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »
Walker told me that my partner would meet me in this room and then he would give us the details. Then he left. While I was waiting for my partner, I hoped he wasn't obviously military, or on the other hand that he wasn't useless. I never liked working with group. The only time I did was with my old squad but they had barried them by now. I resigned to wait and find out. I was in a bad mood, which to tell the truth isn't much different than my good mood. You don't get kidnapped and forced to take a job from the military to often. Well my partner had better be careful. I thought, He' walking on thin ice.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
I convinced Mac to let me play house fly and ride around on the back of his shirt.

I heard a door open, and my fly hearing finally started to resolve the noises into something intelligible.

"Hello, mister... Cobra? I am here about the job as well; the men holding you called me about a partner for you."
Mac was careful not to lie outright, the idea being that we'd let Cobra assume Mac was the intended partner, while I observed the situation and decided if it was or wasn't yet time to cut my losses and leave.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
When the man entered the room I didn't move a muscle
"Hmm, yes I'm Cobra" I said as I turn and looked over the new arival. "And you are?"
After he answered, I continued. "I assume you know we're infiltrating a black market organization to look for  evidence of their supplying the terrorists. The best way to do that is to approach them with an alias and try to buy weapons, but we can discuss tactics later. Here comes Walker."

(( Este would Walker know Mac and Finch or would he think Mac was the partner too?))
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »
((I'll leave that up to you to decide as you like; if you want them to know each other, I don't mind. Consider Mac an NPC, the only 'facts' about him is that 1. he's a private investigator who has worked closely with Finch many times over at least the past year and 2. there exist two other NPCs, named Odessa and July, who are mutual acquaintances/coworkers of Finch and Mac. Other than that stuff, feel free to write into his history anything else you like. He's fair game.))

Having heard enough, I zipped out from under Mac's shirt collar and landed on the floor behind his chair.
<Thank you for standing in for me, Mr. MacIntyre. Hello, Cobra; please don't be alarmed as I demorph...> "My name is Aurelia Finch; it appears I am to be your diversionist on this mission. I hope my caution is understandable to you; I didn't know what sort of person I would be meeting today, and it is hazardous in my line of work to be easily recognized."

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:26 PM »
"Yea, I understand." was all I got in before Colonel Walker entered the room. " Mr. MacIntyre thanks for bringing Finch. You are dismissed." After  Mr. MacIntyre left he continued. "Well, let's get on with the briefing. The organization you are going to infiltrate is based in the Middle East and we suspect it is supplying weapons to terrorist organizations. We need you to find evidence of this. The rest of the planning is up to you. One last thing, this shouldn't be a problem with you Cobra, but if anyone connects you to us they disappear. Ok? Any questions?"
"What's the pay?"
"You will recieve $5,000 each."
I didn't react but I realized this must be important.
"Will you leave me alone after this?"
"I can't promise that."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
I sat down and gazed across the table at Colonel Walker and Cobra.
"Mister Walker, are we aware of anybody else attempting to infiltrate the same place? This situation sounds ripe for miscommunication. Also... why do you need my particular talents? Are we expecting the location to be heavily guarded, and are we talking cameras or just men with guns?" I needed to know this sort of thing.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »
"Not that we know of. There will most likely be men with guns and maybe some cameras. We need you because of the corperate spying you've been doing which gives you more experience the Cobra. If that's it I will let you get on with the planning. The location and your plane tickets are in the folder on the table." after he had finished he left the room.
"What do you think we should do? Aliases? Stealth? Fight our way in?" I asked after Walker left. "I vote stealth. By the way what kind of jobs do you do normally?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »
((Aieeee.... sorry; between a group project for my studio class and the fact that my 'unread posts' didn't include this thread, I've been unable to post/unaware that you'd already posted. Mea culpa. Also, I'm going to make an overt allusion to a popular television show in a moment; free hypothetical cookies to anybody who guesses it. :) ))

"Well, Cobra... the entire philosophy behind my work is that there are two ways to walk into any situation. The first way, they don't notice me. The second way, they only notice me.  I typically work either alone for smaller ventures or with a partner or small group for things that involve a potential need for firepower." I glanced up and made eye contact with the man in front of me. "Firepower... that would be you, in this case, presumably."

I slouched in the uncomfortable folding chair.
"Most of the work I do is either to assist the cover of private investigators, by camouflaging them or by distracting anybody who would become a problem to them... or else to help large corporations, especially those dealing with pharmaceuticals and technologies, to spy on each other's latest designs and ideas. As it is, most of my work is strictly illegal, but I don't see it as hurting anybody who can't afford to be hurt. Occasionally I've been able even to work simultaneously for two competing companies, looking in on each other. I use a system of aliases to keep each side convinced that there are in fact several people working for both sides.  It's rare for the people writing my paycheques to actually see my face." I shrugged once and barely suppressed a wry grin.

"As for my method of operation... birds. Occasionally something much larger, much more visible... but I don't like making such an easy target, and nowadays everybody walks around with some kind of weapon handy.  So for the most part, I morph brightly coloured, noisy birds, make a distracting ruckus to cover anybody working with me... or else I morph something small and easy to hide, something common to the area where I'm hiding, or I dress up and makeup like the locals, and I find the most viable way into the place. For this job, I agree with you that stealth sounds the most reasonable."

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »
"My jobs usually include assassinations and sabotage I focus on not being noticed until it's to late." I stood up. "Well, Should head to the air port? We can discuss more plans on the way there."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
"I suppose we should; do we know yet our estimated arrival time? How we plan infiltration will need to be informed by whether it will be daylight or not when we get there."