Author Topic: Come on, admit it.......  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Animorphsjake

• I am a dragon.
    • Animorphsjake's Youtube
Come on, admit it.......
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:06:52 AM »
Who here doesnt agree that Tobias's whining about how he's a hawk and a boy and all that junk isnt annyoing! I MEAN COME ON!!!!! We get it! Your sad, but there is more important things to do then imforming us about how your sad. I feel sorry for tobias, and I think he's cool, but it got annoying into  his third book.  I only read Tobias's books to see how he and rachel are coming along, I cant get into them that much. I just think in the beggining books hes annoying but later on hes not as annoying.

But as some of you said, every character has thier "annoying" moments. SO I dont mean JUST tobias, im saying thats the one I think who is. Kinda a pointless topic, dont ya think?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:28:38 AM by Animorphsjake »
My newest video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXjJ7AeYy0A

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Come on, admit it.......
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »
uh...wait are you saying it's annoying or it's not annoying? if former I disagree, if latter I agree.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »
I hated Tobias' moping. He's my 2nd least favorite Animorph because of it
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:28:54 AM »
I hated Tobias' moping. He's my 2nd least favorite Animorph because of it
I'm glad we agree on something.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:29:11 AM »
Tobias did seem to get picked on a lot by K.A to have us pity him, and it did get annoying at times, but it was understandable for his character to be written that way given the circumstances.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »
I actually never found Tobias that annoying. Yeah, he talked about being a bird a lot, but for the most part he had actually accepted it. I mean, okay, in book 3 he whined a LOT about it, but it was still new to him, thus completely understandable.

I actually found that Marco bringing up his mum so much in the first 5 books was more annoying... I mean, he had two years to get over it, and he still hadn't. (Once he found out she was Visser One, it's fine though, because I think ANYONE would be upset about that) But before that? *shrugs* I mean, I know loosing a parent is hard; I've been there. But 2 years later, he should have at least moved on enough to not have his voice break every time he mentions her.

And while we're talking about characters not moving on, how about Jake's constant "I have to get Tom back!" thing? Or Cassie's constant moral battles? Ax missing home? Rachel's being in love with a bird-boy?

I guess what I'm saying is that every character has something to whine about, and they all do plenty of whining. They're teenagers with the world on their shoulders and emotional baggage. Whining is almost a requirement.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:58:46 AM »
David had plenty to whine about too...although not everybody agrees with the things he whines about.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:15:37 AM »
I didn't think Tobias was annoying in the least bit.

As for Marco, it's not as though there's a set 2-year mourning period for his mother. Everyone mourns at different paces and some people never get over their loss. I would think that the whole period between the end of book #5 to book #45 Marco is being tramuatized - first she's dead, then she's not really dead but a host to a powerful Yeerk leader, then she might be dead again, etc. It keeps going back and forth, it's like he's being teased.

I can't blame any of the Animorphs for being "whiners". I've certainly heard people whine about more trivial things.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »
first she's dead, then she's not really dead but a host to a powerful Yeerk leader, then she might be dead again, etc. It keeps going back and forth, it's like he's being teased.

there's a joke in there somewhere. a bad joke, but a joke.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »
I think the reason marco isnt able to move on is that his father never does. He has to go home everyday to his crappy life and his distant father and constantly be reminded of her. I think if him and his dad had been able to put the whole thing behind them a little then he could have gotten over it alot more.

Tobias, did get annoying at times, i think he was one of the characters that didnt really develop much as the books went on, maybe because he had a few less i dont know, i just always found him as the same moper, still a stolid character but i dno

Offline musicman88

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:46:22 AM »
I never really found Tobias that annoying really.  Like AniDragon said, every was annoying at times.  The only one that really annoyed me was Cassie with her moralizing all the time.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »
I was never annoyed with Tobias until the ending, when he threw everything he still had away after losing Rachel. None of the other stuff was annoying at all.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »
Amen :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:16 AM »
I second that Amen.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 11:19:18 AM »
David had plenty to whine about too...although not everybody agrees with the things he whines about.

the difference is that David started to blame others for mistakes and never really got around to looking at his own actions.
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.