Author Topic: Would you have liked to see any of the auxiliary Animorphs narrate a book?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

They weren't with us for long, but James was an interesting character I'd like to have gotten some perespective on. Collette and maybe Kelly too.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Chad32

• God
James maybe. I don't think anyone else had any sort of development, but James wound up being the unofficial Auxilary leader.

But then most of them, if not all, wound up dead in the end. I really believe there could have been better things done with them.

Ani-Master 2014!

Toby

I think on Truth's website, Hirlac Delest (spelling?) they have a link for this girl who rewrote the last two books and alot of it is from Jame's point of view. I read some of it and I thought it was pretty well-written if you want to check it out.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
Yeah I wish more was done with them too.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
I think on Truth's website, Hirlac Delest (spelling?) they have a link for this girl who rewrote the last two books and alot of it is from Jame's point of view. I read some of it and I thought it was pretty well-written if you want to check it out.
yeah. I read those, or at least read the last book. I thought it was a bit too long.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
I'd also like a book written by one of those characters... May be somebody will do a fanfiction... ;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline EscafilDevice

James maybe. I don't think anyone else had any sort of development, but James wound up being the unofficial Auxilary leader.

But then most of them, if not all, wound up dead in the end. I really believe there could have been better things done with them.

I thought killing them off was rather lazy. There was so much potential development with them and I don't believe that it couldn't have been worked into the last four books.

Offline musicman88

Yeah, they were really under used.  Them all dying was possible, but I didn't like the way that we never heard anything about them afterwards.  It's just like they sort of disappeared.  Oh, and I would've loved to see something narrated by James, even for only a few chapters.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
Sure. If you could link it to this thread, I'll read it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
As much as we all love KA, I think it's obvious she sorta wrote herself into a corner when the countdown started ::)

Offline CounterInstinct

I disagree. Don't you see? She made it a mystery. If everything was all patched up, then we would have less to talk in this forum and Animorphs might have died earlier. The magic. So beautiful.  :'(
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
Right ::) :P

Offline Tiana

I would've been interested in Collette's POV. Someone who starts off as a liar but is also a good person.

James' book would've been similar to Jake's; the two remind me of each other, not to mention their names are close too.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
I agree with Tiana. Collette was so cool!! I'd like to hear more about her...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
Who was Collette? I only really remember James.

Ani-Master 2014!