Author Topic: Blake Lively for Rachel!  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

Blake Lively for Rachel!
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »
Who else agrees that if there ever was a live action film adaptation of Animorphs, "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively would be the perfect as Rachel?

Tony Goldwyn as Principal Chapman. Toobad Jay Baruchel istoo old to play Ax. He'd be perfect

Note: As I've said before, I'd prefer a live action TV adaptation (minus Lively who would be too busy with "Gossip Girl") rather than a movie or even a movie series.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:45:59 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline EscafilDevice

Re: Blake Lively for Rachel!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
I just hate how any pretty blonde girl is pinned as a candidate for playing Rachel. (I don't think Blake Lively is all that pretty anyway, but you know...)

You have to have the personality to play Rachel. Anybody can dye their hair.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Ah. But Lively not only has the looks (the blonde hair, the athletic, lean body) but also the acting chops to play the part. The voice in my head while reading the books was very different from Lively's nasaly voice (it's why I cast Amber Heard for the voice of Rachel) but other than that, she's perfect.
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »
I don't think so.

What has she been in? The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and Gossip Girl. Those are the types of books I read on vacation, but this isn't Oscar-worthy material.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »
Shes too old, thats really all that needs to be said, but...

i only saw a few scenes of travelling pants and no gossip girl but she doesnt really have that darkness behind the pretty girl to pull it off, i dont know theres no real evidence that she couldnt do it but so far the only thing that makes her the perfect role is the blonde hair lol

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »
 ::) Too old?

Look, I'm well aware that the Animorphs were 13 when they got their powers but let's not be naive enough to think that Hollywood won't make them at least 16-17 years old if a movie was ever made.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:01:19 PM by Yorick »
Who's doing this?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:49:18 PM »
but she is like 20 something

edit: actually shes only 20, and we share a birthday haha so shes exactly a year older than me...i wonder if shes seeing anyone

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 02:43:34 AM »
your right  Jay Baruchel would be perfect as Ax
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time