Author Topic: Why is everyone so sympathetic to the Yeerks?!  (Read 13815 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Why is everyone so sympathetic to the Yeerks?!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »
I hate humans but I don't hate yeerks (except for visser three)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 10:30:05 AM »
Humans can live without meat. However, it's more complicated and expensive. Unless you also take diet pills or something. But then, where do diet pills come from? I don't know.

Also, young children need meat to grow healthily. Vegan diets aren't for everyone.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »
Actually, there's a special protein that you need to live that is ONLY found in bacon. So you do need meat to live.
Sorry :(
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 11:04:44 AM »
Many of that proteins are also in insect, and some people eat insects. Of course, they kill, but it isn't meat. And I think we can find this proteins in soja too.
If you wanna be really healthy, of course you need meat. But you don't need if you just wanna survive (live and survive are different).
To ask Yeerks to not have any host will let them survive and be healthy, but not really live (not when they know what they can't have).
Venemous > and what if you don't like bacon? (I eat bacon the less I can...) ;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
Well, then, it's just like the rest of health food-bad yet good for you ;)

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
There is nothing evil about eating other animals be it human or otherwise. Evenm if we don't need meat to survive, there's nothing wrong about killing an animal for food while not driving it to extinction. We treat livestock and beats of burden with more respect and care than Yeerks do with hosts. It's senseless to compare humans eating animals with Yeerks enslaving ssentient species.

"Many must do that because their host hate them, so they answer."

Did you actually say that? Did you actually say that a Yeerk must torture because they're host rightly hates being controlled?
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »
I think she meant that it was more like a reflex. They're not justified, but what's the general reflex to being pushed? You push back. Even the Animorphs use that analogy sometimes.

Does it justify torturing the hosts? Of course not. But it's the reason they do it. The host starts screaming and cussing out the Yeerk. The Yeerk gets defensive, pushes back with torture to try and shut the host up. Maybe it knows deep down that it's wrong, but this is what it was taught to do.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »
I think she meant that it was more like a reflex. They're not justified, but what's the general reflex to being pushed? You push back. Even the Animorphs use that analogy sometimes.

forget the animorphs, go to physics. every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Whenever you push against something, it pushes back on you. although I still say pushing is bad.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
What if we evolved as parasitic slugs? Wouldn't you want to be able to see, hear and feel the beauty of our world?
Please don't stereotype Yeerks, just because you see one bad Yeerk, doens't mean every Yeerk is. It's pretty obvious actually. What about terrorists, rapists, kidnappers, and such? What if "Andalites" came to our world, then saw terrorists, then label of all humans as evil, would that be right? That is what you are actually doing right now.

We treat livestock and beats of burden with more respect and care than Yeerks do with hosts.
Have you dissected a frog? Do you know how many frogs we dissect every year?
Have you seen the human-cow? The hybrid between the cow and human? Isn't that worse??

At least the host body lives to its full potential (if the Yeerk is friendly).
Or the host body actually lives healthy (any Yeerk, evil or not).
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »
What the fudge brownies ??? Human-cow?
It's like the pigman offa "Seinfeld" :D

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
They inserted human genes into the cow... so that it would produce human milk instead for infants...  :)
Its sick! Even sicker than Yeerk infestation...
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
It's still a cow ::)

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »
Oh no.... you really haven't seen it yet. It looks both HUMAN and COW! Not Andalite... HUMAN COW! LOL. Its name is "Cowboy" It even has calves now. DOn't you see how this would ruin the ecosystem? Plus that cow looks so disgusting. It doesn't look like a cow....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »
Oh no.... you really haven't seen it yet. It looks both HUMAN and COW! Not Andalite... HUMAN COW! LOL. Its name is "Cowboy" It even has calves now. DOn't you see how this would ruin the ecosystem? Plus that cow looks so disgusting. It doesn't look like a cow....
That's unbelievable. Why would anyone think we'd need something like this? I know breast milk is important for young babies, but if a certain mother needs extra milk for some reason, then she could find someone else to donate some milk. That's surely a better idea than splicing Human and cow DNA.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:04 PM »
CI, are you on some kinda serious trip, or what?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:22:56 AM by venemousspiderwookiee »