Author Topic: Group Re-Read: #49 The Diversion  (Read 9745 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Group Re-Read: #49 The Diversion
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
I don't think you're the first or last to call discontinuity on it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
Gotta agree with 28...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 11:38:13 PM »
lol yea I actually read a fanfic that I liked better compared to the original ending(wish I could remember where I found it :P)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »
Well, I'm totally OK with the #54 in terms of the ending of the Yeerk War (Yes, including Rachel's end. I know it is sad, but it would be not just silly but downright terrible and disgusting to conclude that war is not sad; at least she got to end it in a way that she totally loved. I just read Viss3r's post in the http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4192.msg442118#msg442118 thread and thought it summed it up amazingly).

I even think the descriptions of their lives afterwords was great epilogue material (Yes, the Jake/Cassie afterword material was sad, but again it is a powerful statement on the way that war changes you), the only place it really went wrong was with Ax: Becoming a prince and going about as a captain to be chasing remnants of the Yeerk Empire is a great way to end it; having what happened with him beyond that and the rest of the characters afterwords was just obnoxious though, it set up a story with no intention of concluding it; it felt like KA was afraid that with each book having its own buildup of an individual story to a climax that we wouldn't be willing to accept the final book as basically entirely falling action when that is basically exactly what the story that concludes the series should be.

It isn't even that peaceful sort of "The Grey Havens" ending that Lord of the Rings had, where after the action from this story falls you 'let the characters go' off on more adventures (or like that 'Riding off into the Sunset' of Westerns, same idea), because it sets up and gives too much of the next adventure but then says "Nope, I'm not going to tell you how it goes, what a dramatic way to end. Clever, don't you think?"
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
I don't think anyone picked up on this. There's one scene I came across just today where Mr. King is thought speaking. KASU.