Author Topic: Why did Jake never morph the Howler in order to fight the yeerks? (Spoilers)  (Read 2483 times)

Offline gocorygogo

Also, there is the fact that the book is called ANImorphs as in animal morphers. I believe Applegate just wanted to keep things basic. Just morph animals. I tend to agree, with all the different alien species in the animorph universe that the animorphs have encountered and the few they acquired (hork bajir, howlers, leerens,etc.)It would be way to fantastic and powerful to morph into a howler and blow a yeerk's head off with a single scream. But on the other hand it does make sense in the storyline to use the most powerful weapons available. ::)

Offline Chad32

• God
It would also be really cheap to morph a Leeran to gather Yeerk information or find out if someone is a controller.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kotetsu1442

The thing is, I do understand why some of these would be "This would make things too easy for the Anis" problems, or why during the main series KA would plan to stick to the main premise, only using the fantastic morphs for the individual books in fantastic settings; but I would say that if you plan on this then plan on a good, solid reason why in each case (no, the time travel justification in #11, The Forgotten does not make sense for In The Time of the Dinosaurs). I mean, the plot holes were never so bad that it turned this good series or good individual books of it into bad, but having to ask questions like these then answer them only with suspension of disbelief isn't nearly as satisfying as it all just fitting: too fantastic, powerful or 'cheap' makes sense from a literary perspective, but doesn't explain why the characters who are fighting in a war wouldn't use the best and most appropriate tools at their disposal. (And like Chad points out with the mosquito morph problem, it is only worse when instead of not providing an answer for a plot hole it attempts to provide a reason that makes no sense itself).
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.