Author Topic: animorphs anime  (Read 4688 times)

Offline racheliscool

animorphs anime
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
hey i showed my neighbor animorphs because i want her to make a cartoon for it. and she's into all that korean stuff so here is some anime profiles that "she" drew with a tablet or something. but honestly i think they are good to be true, you decide!

UPDATE: ok my neighbor is stupid these pics are from digimon lol whatever that is

thats jake

thats tobias

rachel but shes not that girly for real tho

which ones do you think look wierdest i thinkjake and tobias look the weirdest! marco looks pretty cool. she didnt send me a cassie how racist!! lol jk jessies still working on the rest of the characyers!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:35:07 AM by racheliscool »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: animorphs anime
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:07:30 AM »
No, Tobias would be that guy's younger brother. That guy could be Tom.

Meh, that's kind of weird.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Ferahgo

• My Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
These are character images from Digimon. Your neighbor definitely did not draw these! And they're Japanese, not Korean.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
Nice stuff^^ but that's be better in the http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0 board, I think...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Alic

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
dude.
even i know thats digimon.

nice try.
*shakes head sadly*

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
Okay, this is creepy: I was already watching Season 1 episodes of Digimon (via YouTube) in another window, and then I came to this page.

Small digital world, I guess. :P

But yeah, totally stolen from Digimon.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
Rachel said the person took it from a tablet. I don't think anyone is saying it's original art. She just took some digimon stuff and worked with that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Alic

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
31 Results

Searched over 1.5460 billion images in 1.138 seconds.

for file: http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/hamsters21/matt.jpg

that image is the same exact one used by many different people saved under many different file names...

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »
but an animated thing would be nice. Real animals are hard to come by. TV show, remember?
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »
Rachel said the person took it from a tablet. I don't think anyone is saying it's original art. She just took some digimon stuff and worked with that.

Well, racheliscool did say that her neighbor drew the pictures, so if they are clearly from Digimon then either racheliscool is being deceived to by her neighbor or she knows them to not be original herself. What I can't quite tell do to the unclear nature of her writing is whether racheliscool wants us to believe that they are original works of Animorphs art, or whether by but putting quotes around "she" when referring to her neighbor is supposed to refer to someone else drawing them... which would still make the claim that it is Animorphs art a false one.

Maybe the quotes imply that racheliscool is not entirely certain about the gender of her neighbor...
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
but an animated thing would be nice. Real animals are hard to come by. TV show, remember?

If they did an Animorphs movie they'd definitely do CGI for most of the animals.

Offline AnyaSciarra

• "Computers don't care if they're yelled at."
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
Uh, as everybody else pointed out, it's all from Digimon. "Tobias" is Matt.
"The saddest day of my life was that day when I learned that Sherlock Holmes was not real. Boy was I wrong."--- Norah Yasgur

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 03:20:52 AM »
31 Results

Searched over 1.5460 billion images in 1.138 seconds.

that image is the same exact one used by many different people saved under many different file names...

using tineye, i see?

Searched over 1.5460 billion images in 0.132 seconds.

haha i'm faster :P

and yes, i echo the aforementioned statements (yay for googling the address).

Alic

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »
:P you know it

Offline Skapo

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
Aww.... I was excited for a second thinking maybe it had something to do with Animorphs going Anime. Those are all digimon characters. *sighs*

On that note though, Animorphs would make such an awesome Anime if produced by the right studio. I would almost prefer a well done anime as opposed to a live action film. If for no other reason than I would hate to see Animorphs done again as cheaply as the Nickelodeon series was. I think the story deserves more than that. And it would take quite a massive budget with one significant talent search to get the proper casting and CGI to do it justice with a live action film.  With an anime done by the right studio, or even just done by a few particularly awesome artists, it would be both cheaper and much easier to find talented voice actors.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
More important question, why Izumi as Rachel.  Digimon was a franchise that for the most part distinguished itself with having one or two Action Girls.  Sora in Adventure, Ruki in Tamers, heck even Saver's Yoshino wasn't entirely useless.

Not entirely.  ::)

And then there's Frontier.  And Izumi.  Throughout the entire series she does four things:

1) Wins eating contests, without getting fat (!)
2) Provides the occasional fanservice (!wtf!)
3) Defeats the obnoxiously vain and pathetic girly-girl villian in a terrible sleeping-beauty knock-off episode.
4) Spends the last third+ of the series staying out of the way while "the boys" fight overblown evil incarnate.

I was quite honestly offended.

Seriously, we went from Ruki and Renamon, Bad Ass Incarnate, based off of The Matrix's Trinity no, really to wussypants implied-bulimic creepy jailbait.

Like Rachel?  Not even close.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline racheliscool

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 02:36:11 AM »
More important question, why Izumi as Rachel.  Digimon was a franchise that for the most part distinguished itself with having one or two Action Girls.  Sora in Adventure, Ruki in Tamers, heck even Saver's Yoshino wasn't entirely useless.

Not entirely.  ::)

And then there's Frontier.  And Izumi.  Throughout the entire series she does four things:

1) Wins eating contests, without getting fat (!)
2) Provides the occasional fanservice (!wtf!)
3) Defeats the obnoxiously vain and pathetic girly-girl villian in a terrible sleeping-beauty knock-off episode.
4) Spends the last third+ of the series staying out of the way while "the boys" fight overblown evil incarnate.

I was quite honestly offended.

Seriously, we went from Ruki and Renamon, Bad Ass Incarnate, based off of The Matrix's Trinity no, really to wussypants implied-bulimic creepy jailbait.

Like Rachel?  Not even close.

i dont even know what ur talking about all i know is that this will probalt not hapen so goodnight

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »
probably ::)

anybody want me to lock this?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »
Yeah. anime. No. CGI. Yes please. :)
Movie. I don't think so. A lot would have to be removed. Plus no "My name is Jake" thing.
Series. Yes. But please, do better than the last time.
Movies could be the Megamorphs + Ending. :P
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
Why does everyone want CGI?
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »
Why does everyone want CGI?

i think it's a tad overdone.
pixar does it perfectly, but there are way too many CGI movies nowadays.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »
I have always believed that drawn animation can already do like 90% of what CGI does
and besides it's better at creating breathtaking art.
I really hope more people follow The Princess and the Frog's lead and do more.
It's not like they're from the past.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that CGI can be used effectively in a traditionally-animated context, but it is extremely easy to abuse and I can really only think of a few examples that would be definitely hurt by the removal of CGI.

Dennou Coil was only possible in digital paint.  How else would you animate pixalized watercolor?

Rebuild of Evangelion See those cables?  They're all CGI, so that when the camera moves, they parallax properly and give an amazing sense of depth.  Super shiny.  Once again, the CGI is at its best because the fundamentals (color, composition, design) are perfectly executed.

Animorphs would be extremely expensive to animate without CGI, a little less expensive to animate with, and cheap to animate poorly--with or without CGI.

I don't think anyone would ever drop the money to do it right in any visual medium, so I think I'll stick to the books.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.