Author Topic: new rpg  (Read 7454 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: new rpg
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 12:16:36 PM »
actually, you can show it to us using [img]http://url[/img]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:23:03 PM by Richard »

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »
lol just click the link.
so tell me about some of your species.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
I'm sure it'd look even more impressive in real life...

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »
so morfowt do you have a species in the works?
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 02:52:48 PM »
Take it easy, please, Yarin. :)
You cannot rush these things, my friend.
I'd be happy to join your RPG, if you'll have me. I have quite a lot of experience with these games, and I may be able to help things to go more smoothly for you. How are you liking RAF so far?

Warning: The species that I am 'creating' is more of a running joke (or, at least, everyone else believes it to be one) in RAF, involving me personally. Do not be surprised if I claim to be a member of this species. I am being perfectly serious, when I say this.

Species: Humanoid Organism/Sentient Star (abbreviated HOSS, and pronounced like the character from Bonanza...let's just say that there is a pun involved here, and you have to know me a LOT better than you currently do to understand the joke behind the name.)
Homeworld: Insfrea, second planet of the star Aldebaran, with three moons.
Average Height: Five feet, precisely and without variation.
Skin Color: Totally white, but not albino: the coloring results from a pigment that reflects all colors of light. Their blood varies from red, to purple, to blue, within the same body, due to the presence of different chemical compounds.
Hair: Either dark brown or black, kept very long, and naturally wavy/curly.
Body Temperature: Between 98.6 Fahrenheit and several thousand degrees Fahrenheit.
Mental Ability: Unparalleled. HOSSes make it a point to learn everything that they can. They aren't psychic in the accepted sense, but they ARE moderately pyrokinetic, able to manipulate thermal and radiant energy.
Technology/Development: Whatever happens to be at hand on the planet that they are visiting...they focus more on learning about existing things than on creating new things.
Society: Most HOSSes are extremely solitary, but some have sentient symbiotes inside their third brains.
Religion: Christianity is the closest definition...they believe in ONE God, an omniscient being who has sent a favoured servant...maybe even a son...into the universe as an intermediary and a teacher.
Family: Other HOSSes born into the same cluster, with no living parents.
Evolution: More or less an accident, if anything. A happy accident, with no genetic predecessors.
Atmosphere: Anything that can fix to iron and/or copper, they can breathe.
Calendar: A 'Cycle' is one full rotation around the center of the galaxy. HOSSes live varying lengths of time, so their definition of time is subjective and arbitrary. Suffice to say, a 'year', in Earth terms, is like an eyeblink.
Geography: Insfrea is much like Earth, but with less water and fewer mountains. Its poles are capped with frozen methane, not frozen water.
History: The first HOSS existed several billion years ago, and nobody remembers her, so HOSSes generally avoid thinking about her. Nobody REALLY wants to know how long ago things began for them. The numbers involved are massive and staggering. All they know is that at least four generations have passed since her existence.
Flora/Fauna: Insfrea has many bird-like creatures, as well as several species of animals much like cats. Trees are large and green, but there are few flowers or grasses. Over all, there are fewer than seventy species of animals and plants on Insfrea, and microbes are virtually non-existent.
Language: English, Star-Speak, and anything else they happen to pick up along the way.
Reproduction: For new stars to be born, an old star must die by nova. The mother never meets her offspring.

(I may edit and add on to it later. We'll see.)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:58 PM »
interesting species

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
You think so? :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »
yes i do they sound interesting do you have a specific character?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 03:52:52 PM »
so morfowt do you have a species in the works?
no. I didn't say it didn't work. it's good. it's just drawing it on say paint...well let's not draw it.

I feel like I used the wrong choice of words...

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
ok what's your species look like

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
well I haven't thought of one yet.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
well if you need any help just let me know i have created 11 original species

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 07:46:56 AM »
ok i want everyone who wants to join my rpg to create a character. it can be human or alien but just no offspring of existing characters.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 09:53:40 AM »
how does an rpg work anyway?

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
do you mean my rpg specificly or rpg's in general?