Author Topic: new rpg  (Read 7455 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
new rpg
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »
i'd like to start a rpg here, i don't have any ideas yet but i know i want it to have aliens in it original species are welcome and encouraged.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: new rpg
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
how about a species that evolved in space instead of on a planet...would that be possible?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:56:03 AM »
Provided that it did not require oxygen, warmth, or food and water, yes. ;)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
Lol, I created an alien species like that a few weeks ago out of sheer boredom. The species I created live off of light-rays.
I don't know if that's helpful.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
Provided that it did not require oxygen, warmth, or food and water, yes. ;)
ok a kind of mix of venber...helmacron (assuming they don't breathe instead of being able to breathe water)...and...I don't know.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »
all great ideas people i myself have created a species and am hoping to use them in an rpg here are the details

Species Nyac
Physiology: Humanoid
Homeworld: Nya, 4th out of 10 with 2 moons, both of which have been colonized. The planet orbits a red giant sun in the Dembari system.
The planet has high gravity, which may account for their strength; a Nyac male is as strong as 5 human males.
Average height: Males 6'6"
Females 6'2"
They have four arms and four hands, and 24 fingers, with six fingers on each hand. They also have two legs, and two feet, four toes with two large toes on each foot. They have one mouth, two ears, one nose, and six eyes, with the ability to see in all wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum, including invisible light.
Unlike most humanoid species males have their testicles located inside the body.
Skin color: Females: Pale gray. Males have tiny chromatophores all over their body that change their skin color. They may have used this ability to attract a mate. This adaptation is believed to be linked to their emotions.
Hair: Both genders are bald.
Body temperature: 32°C
Mental ability: All Nyac possess mid-level psionic abilities, including telepathy and empathy. Five years after reaching Adult status they gain complete control over their mental abilities in a transformation known as the Narcon-Gleesh or final stage.
Technology/Development: The Nyac have achieved local space flight and have launched many artificial satellites that monitor the condition of the colonies on their two moons. They also have invented transportation vehicles that are powered by thought. They have developed Zero space travel technology
Society: The Nyac live in a society that excels in the study of science, mainly in the fields of physics and bio-genetics, many of the plants and animals found on Nya have been artificially created. The people are ruled by a council of their wisest citizens. Both genders are treated equally. The people have many political freedoms, including freedom of speech and freedom to worship. Because they are telepathic, they also have the right to free thought.
Religion: The Nyac have a basic religion in which they worship Qraj the god of order and Paox the god of chaos. The religion is completely voluntary.
Family: The Nyac are a family orientated species. Children stay with their families for 15 years. During that time they go to a large education facility, after which they train as an apprentice in a various craft for five years, where they learn the life skills necessary to better their community. They reach the Age of Significance on their 20th birthday, during that time they achieve adult status within their community.
Evolution: The Nyac evolved from smaller gliding mammals that flew from tree to tree, using a thin membrane stretched between their six limbs. As they grew larger and denser, and learned to walk upright, they lost the membrane and with it their ability to fly. One in 500,000 Nyac is born with this membrane still attached.
Atmosphere: Nya has an atmosphere composed of 65% oxygen, 25% nitrogen, 8% carbon dioxide and 2% trace gases.
Calendar: The Nyac calendar consists of 420 days and 14 months, they are: Grod, Fexar, Xiot, Martas, Mizrig, Loctel, Udar, Safod, Darshig, Apgen, Jrok, Tarpen, Nerrog, and Vapeer. Each month has 30 days, and each day is 32 hours long. Every 50 years a new age begins this practice began 500 years ago.
Geography: Most of the planet is inhabited; however the uninhabited portions are covered in dense forests. A large ocean separates the five main continents.
History: 2000 years ago the Nyac were a tribal society. They waged war on each other over territory. 500 years ago however, they had a renaissance period led by Bonlin the Learned that greatly enriched their culture. 200 years ago they abolished war, and 50 years ago they colonized their two moons. 20 years ago they invented Zero space engines and 15 years ago they joined the Federation.
Flora/Fauna: There are many different species of plants and animals on Nya, such as the Devashi, large predatory reptiles that live in the forest. They are pack hunters and their territory stretches for miles. They were created by the Nyac using the latest in genetic engineering as a way to balance the ecosystem. Or the Kintish-Noxima, large toxic fungi that blanket the forest floor and act as decomposers.
Language: Nyish is the native language on Nya. The Nyish alphabet contains 32 characters, 11 vowels and 21 consonants.
Homes: There are two types of housing structures on Nya, Single homes and Family homes. A family home has seven to eight rooms and two floors. On the top floor there are two to three sleeping rooms, and two washrooms. The lower floor contains an eating room, a spare room used for storage, and a fantasy room. A Single home is the same as a family home, except it only has one sleeping room and one washroom. In both houses the floors are reached by standing on a circular raised platform called a Lift, which uses antigravity gyros to move the house occupants between floors. A Nyac upon reaching the Age of Significance is given a Single home until they choose to become life-mates with another person at which point they will be issued a Family home. The house is equipped with an artificial intelligence that constantly monitors the life signs if its owners. If the owners of the house were to die then the house would notify the deceased's next of kin who would then call the medical scientists to have the body removed to be studied. If the owner has no living relatives the house may contact the medical scientists itself. Death Customs: The Nyac have an interesting way of looking at death. They see it as an opportunity for study. There is an entire department dedicated to the study of death on Nya.
Reproduction: The Nyac reproduce sexually with two individuals joining in the copulation and subsequent procreation.  To enhance the experience a couple may choose to perform the Voap Tusreen or the blessed union where the two minds are connected sharing thoughts and emotions.

you don't have to be as specific as me i just want a species name a basic physical outline and a history and society have fun with this
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=97864056
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:08:50 PM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
I'm not so sure about the name Nya Class M. they should've known it was a planet and named it before they learned of other planets. so just take out class M, and I'll like it.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
lol the name was always nya class m just means it was sutible for humanoid life

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »
does anyone know how to post pictures on this site?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »
use [image][/image]

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
i did but the image doesnt show up after i upload it

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »
huh? no you post it here [image]url here[/image]

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »
what do you mean by url? i mean i know what url means but what do you mean in this context

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:37:46 AM »
http://...jpg or http://...bmp for instance, are both urls.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »
ok i got it to work just click on the link to see what a Nyac looks like