Author Topic: Hi! I'm ghost!  (Read 4433 times)

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: Hi! I'm ghost!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »
Quote from: Jess Girl
Well. I'm Jess, also known as Kit Cloudkicker. I'll probably change my name back to that soon. :)
Nice to meet you, Jess!

Quote from: Jess Girl
Anyway, glad to see you here, hope you'll stick around!
I'll be sticking around, all right. I really like it here!

Quote from: Dameg
I'm Visser 25... You have some Vissers on RAF, actually, and maybe some Sub-Vissers and random Controllers.
Ah, interesting. I noticed there were a few Yeerks on here, and I noticed one Visser, but I didn't know about any others.

Quote from: A ghost you know...
I've read the Animorphs e-books, and I think you guys have a great project going. I'd be happy to help; just let me know what you need and when.
We always need help. The Everworld and Animorphs ebooks are far to be perfect! Missing pages, mistakes everywhere, size of the columns and of the characters who change all the time... Please check (totally!) the first message of http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=2975.0. It's there that I write the needs and the updates.
I just dropped a comment in that thread.

Sadly, I don't know any languages but English.
But you can learn other languages, not only teach... Teachers always need students ^^
True. Well, I'll see how much time I have over the summer. I've already got some things lined up (both here and IRL), so I may not have time.

Thanks a lot! That was a very fun & interesting tour! And btw, I'm not Casper ( :P ) - I have a much darker nature than that...
OK, then you'll be "Ghosty" ;)
Suits me fine!

Cheers!
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »
Man, you guys are nuts. I'm gone for a couple days and I wind up this far down on the list of replies?

Haha... hey, Ghost ^_^ Glad you made an intro thread, because, yeah, RAF is an incredibly cool place. I know I've been changing my name a lot lately, but my default name that I'm sure I'll revert to eventually is Aluminator. You can call me Al. Or Scott. Or Lumy. Or Goob. Or, basically, whatever the heck you want, as long as I know you're referring to me :P

I highly encourage exploration of the forum. There's a ton here in addition to good Animorphs-generated discussions, and you're bound to find a fair amount of it interesting. Most of all, enjoy ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »
Quote from: Kit2 Hawk2
Haha... hey, Ghost ^_^ Glad you made an intro thread, because, yeah, RAF is an incredibly cool place. I know I've been changing my name a lot lately, but my default name that I'm sure I'll revert to eventually is Aluminator. You can call me Al. Or Scott. Or Lumy. Or Goob. Or, basically, whatever the heck you want, as long as I know you're referring to me :P
lol, that's fine. I'll probably just refer to you by whatever username you happen to be using at the moment...

I highly encourage exploration of the forum. There's a ton here in addition to good Animorphs-generated discussions, and you're bound to find a fair amount of it interesting. Most of all, enjoy ^_^
I've started looking around a bit; found some fun stuff on the Bored Board, a bunch of awesome projects, and some cool fanfics. It's impossible to not enjoy this! 8)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »
Cool. You know, nobody's actually called me Kit2 or anything like that yet.

And yeah, RAF's enjoyable. Almost too enjoyable. Seriously, careful, or you'll find yourself not getting anything done because of this place :P

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
lol, that's fine. I'll probably just refer to you by whatever username you happen to be using at the moment...

you'll learn 'em soon enough.
of course, some members actually WANT to change their names, so it gets a bit confusing. :P

i'll stay as 'goom', though. (at least whenever this kit thing ends)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
I'm Visser 25... You have some Vissers on RAF, actually, and maybe some Sub-Vissers and random Controllers.
Ah, interesting. I noticed there were a few Yeerks on here, and I noticed one Visser, but I didn't know about any others.
I suppose you talk about Visser0 (aka V0) ^^ Esplin is also a Visser (Visser 3), and there is another guy who seems to be a Visser. Well, I don't know all the Vissers, 'coz I only care about the Pools of Europe and about Esplin, who is my husband (we're the first Yeerks ever married, as far as I know).
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
I suppose you talk about Visser0 (aka V0) ^^ Esplin is also a Visser (Visser 3), and there is another guy who seems to be a Visser.
Yep, I was talking about VisserZer0. I haven't really seen Esplin around, but I did see Visser :3.

Well, I don't know all the Vissers, 'coz I only care about the Pools of Europe and about Esplin, who is my husband (we're the first Yeerks ever married, as far as I know).
I agree. I don't know any other Yeerks who were married (unless you count married hosts).

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
Esplin = 9466 = Visser 3 = Visser :3 = Joseph Visser = Russell. He has many names. :P
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
Quote from: KitsuneMarie
Esplin = 9466 = Visser 3 = Visser :3 = Joseph Visser = Russell. He has many names. :P
I should have guessed. Esplin = Visser 3 in the Animorphs, and frequent name changes seems to be a common theme around here.
Oh well, thanks for the info!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
frequent name changes seems to be a common theme around here.

Yeah, it gets pretty confusing sometimes! The worst was when Steph and Aluminator (currently Kit2 Hawk2) changed their profiles, signatures, type fonts--everything--to be identical. The only way to tell them apart was by post and karma counts.

Another thing that's confusing is that folks tend to call each other by the same name forever, no matter what their new names are. Not to mention nicknames. If you ever need to know who someone is, just ask. Soon you'll know everyone backwards and forwards like a Generation 1 pro!

Also... you should RAFchat some time. ;D
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
frequent name changes seems to be a common theme around here.

Yeah, it gets pretty confusing sometimes! The worst was when Steph and Aluminator (currently Kit2 Hawk2) changed their profiles, signatures, type fonts--everything--to be identical. The only way to tell them apart was by post and karma counts.
Oh no! :facepalm:
I don't want to guess what that was like for newbs like me... XD

Another thing that's confusing is that folks tend to call each other by the same name forever, no matter what their new names are. Not to mention nicknames. If you ever need to know who someone is, just ask. Soon you'll know everyone backwards and forwards like a Generation 1 pro!
Generation 1? What generations? (I saw mention of generations in the RAF animated series, but that didn't help much)
I'm guessing it has something to do with when people signed up - Gen 1 is probably the first people to sign up - but how do you separate different generations?

Also... you should RAFchat some time. ;D
I will soon, I promise. Just not yet. (I'm still pretty busy IRL; that will settle down a bit in a couple of days, then a bit more in a week and a half, then a bit more in about 3 weeks)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:13 PM »
Yeeeeeeah, it was confusing enough for those of us who had been here a bit. I hope we didn't scare off anyone who joined at a bad time!

Regarding generations, you're correct: generations are a way to lump together groups of folks who joined RAF around the same time as each other. Here's the official thread: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=2887.0.

Generations 1-7 actually joined RAF on a different server. From the little I know, those generations are somewhat nebulous in their beginning and ending dates, and they're often named after important events that happened during that time (like the creation of the Animorphs e-book project). Generations 8-11 are defined with a bit more temporal specificity.

You can submit your name under the generation thread for Gen 11 at any time, although Richard may wait to add folks from your generation until we're in Gen 12 so that we know who's truly sticking around.

I look forward to seeing you in RAFchat and such. Good luck with all your busy hecticness! ;D
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 02:55:59 PM »
Regarding generations, you're correct: generations are a way to lump together groups of folks who joined RAF around the same time as each other. Here's the official thread: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=2887.0.

Generations 1-7 actually joined RAF on a different server. From the little I know, those generations are somewhat nebulous in their beginning and ending dates, and they're often named after important events that happened during that time (like the creation of the Animorphs e-book project). Generations 8-11 are defined with a bit more temporal specificity.

You can submit your name under the generation thread for Gen 11 at any time, although Richard may wait to add folks from your generation until we're in Gen 12 so that we know who's truly sticking around.
Ah, I see. I take it the more-rigid generation definitions came when the idea of generations became a standard part of RAF life?
As for truly sticking around, I don't plan on going anywhere. Nevertheless, unexpected things do happen on occasion; I've had to take a leave of absence from other places before. I just hope that won't happen here!

I look forward to seeing you in RAFchat and such. Good luck with all your busy hecticness! ;D
Thanks!
That reminds me, I have a meeting to get to. I'd better sign off now.

Later!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »
Yeah, I'd be surprised if you didn't stick around, simply judging from how quickly your post count has grown! You became a RAFregular pretty quickly! :)

But yes, I think that's why the generations became more systematic. Personally, I like the more easily-defined generation system. It works well for my little pea brain!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
Hiya ghost, I'm Tara :D  Welcome to RAF!  Wow, you speed demoned through the series, in a week!  Wowsers.  Sorry if I missed it below, but did you have a favorite book?  I'm pretty sure mine were the Chronicles, especially Visser, but I really enjoyed #41 and #19.  What do they all have in common?   Well, major Yeerk characters or major viewpoints into Yeerk society...yeah, I think Yeerks are pretty great.  It's a little sad, really.

You know what, I'm almost glad we don't have as much of an insanely detailed canon knowledge base as say, Star Wars or Star Trek...because I'm pretty sure I'd try to learn Galard or Yeerkish or something!   :P

My boyfriend Dave (Pez001, who is now occasionally posting of his own free will on RAF!) is a computer guy, insofar as he's a computer animator :) 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash