Author Topic: Something Seriously Bizarre For You To Peruse  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Something Seriously Bizarre For You To Peruse
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 02:04:02 AM »
((Aaaand we're back. Why are we back? I have no idea. I'm insane. :P ))

Timothy supposed that it didn't really matter. He was a loyal knight, a knight who followed the orders of his superiors. No matter how...bizarre they seemed. Timothy eventually settled on the fact that his homework wasn't going to get done and threw off his shirt, settling into bed in his boxer shorts. Timothy closed his eyes and waited for the entry into his dream.

Timothy frowned, falling into lucidity rather quickly that night. He was very much practiced at the art, but it was still strange. His dream had taken him into an utterly black room with a single massive set of doors in it. The doors were rather ornate, as if they should have been attached to a 12th century castle's front. But no, there they were----just floating in empty space. It was an intriguing dream---it suggested that he was keeping some kind of secret from himself that he should know about. But there was no way into those doors, and no apparent way to open them. Timothy groaned and began hunting for the door that led out into the hallway.

As he searched, Timothy suddenly spotted someone else. There was a rather peculiar, gaunt-looking man standing in the middle of his dream. The man had long, flowing black hair that moved like a living creature and eyes that were too bright on his pale skin. It was an eerie effect: Timothy wasn't sure whether to think the man was handsome or frightening. But one thing was clear: this had to be the guy the Black Knight mentioned earlier. A wandering Nightmare. A danger to Eremis and the Dream Realm.

Timothy drew his sword and pointed it at the man, glaring. "This is the inside of my head," stated Timothy in as even a voice as he could. "You are trespassing here. My superior saw you somewhere else."

"And how would you know that, boy?" said the man in a German voice dripping with arrogance. "I could be here for some perfectly legitimate reason----I am a spirit, you know."

Timothy growled and tightened his grip on his weapon. "There's no reason a spirit as nasty as you would be inside the head of a Knight of Eremis! Get out or I'll make you leave myself!"

"Are you Eremis-born fools always so completely self-righteous?" muttered the man with an eye-roll. "Fine, fine. I'll leave as soon as you tell me why you have a door that thick inside a simple mind like yours."

Timothy continued to glare at the intruder. He had no right to judge how "simple" Timothy was, considering that they barely knew one another. But he was right about one thing: the door was pretty strange. As far as Timothy knew, any secrets he had weren't kept from himself. He had...repressed a memory? Hmm.

"Look, it isn't really your business," said Timothy irritably. "If I've done something in here, I'll find out what's wrong later. Now get out. You should know that I will report this incident to the Knights."

"I know," the...was he a man?....stated carefully, wandering into the darkness. His voice still echoed through the area nonetheless. "I'll be seeing you later, boy. You seem more complicated than I would figure. If I intend to control your realm, I must cover...all...my bases."

Timothy waited in silence in the black world before wandering towards the white door he could suddenly see. It was as if the man had been hiding it from him. Nothing about this incident boded well for the Dream Realm. If the Black Knight had seen the guy too, then they had to stop whatever the creature had in mind. Timothy opened the door and entered the lobby, intent on reaching at least one of his superiors that night.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:48:09 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »
00 You have me hooked.

I will read every single bit of this story every moment that it arrives.
A few notes:
The creativity is just incredible! I get the notion that it is a collaborative work, though correct me if I'm wrong. It's very origional and unique, and dosen't "taste" like half the other fiction books I've read- bland and predictable. The setting is as ornate as your choice of words, which couldn't be better. The way you write is fantastic.. I especially love when you describe a new dream setting or a character. You have not told what the antagonist wears, nor his exact features of his face. But I can conjure up a brilliantly dark image in my mind that fits him perfectly, anyway. X3

Another excelent point is the way you move about your writing.. You don't spend countless paragraphs of text over a conversation between a couple people, but instead get the point across quickly and easilly, with few, well-picked words. Instead, it's almost like you enjoy describing each new, fantastical location MORE than dialouge, which I find incredibly enticing. X3

I'm not English but I will say: This. Is. BRILLIANT.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:47:33 AM by Gilda (Saph) »

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
Now hating you forever for calling me 'Samantha'. I guess it isn't so bad. Although you've, ah, said a lot about me, there. I'm also seriously amused by how intelligent Daniel sounded when he spoke, and laughing forever about it! Pffft.

The name, 'Sethys', brings images you didn't intend to my mind, though. Hehe.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:46 PM »
XD Hey, the person "Daniel" represents isn't even close to being as stupid as he used to look. I tried to get some of that early, high-and-mighty straightforward morality of his in there. :P I'm so mean. XD As for you, well....remember, I was going out of my way to avoid bringing you here. ;) Though different reasons. Anyway...

...you're next on the cycling list. I'm piecing together your bit from what has to happen and what I heard. You can give any creative input you like: it's literally your party. ^.^;;
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:53:35 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
Whatever. It's your story, so do what you want. Heh.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »
((Aaand we're back with more "What the Crap is This" with your host, Sheeennmue! XDD Now with sodium, taking a page from Myitt's book. Or at least "Now with one of the "participants" actually on the damn board other than me. How totally humiliating." Oh, well. Samantha's turn at the pike now. ))

The rest of Samantha's day went rather uneventfully. The frizzy-haired kid had a name: Sharon. She was quite possibly mad as a herring, but in a way that was very nearly appealing. Only a matter of time before she turns out to be like Daniel, though. I should stay on my guard. The kid had badgered her into coming onto AOL Instant Messenger. Exactly how was baffling even to her: Sam didn't normally take well to such requests. The weird little nitwit had a way with words.

Samantha lived in a sort of cul-de-sac incline in a wide neighborhood near Edgewood Road. The Sped kid bus thankfully stopped pretty close to her house, but the process was still less than fun. She was surrounded by numerous chattering morons in a tiny aging space with only an attendant to keep the peace. It could have been worse, but it could also be way better. Why weren't there any sane, reasonable teenagers around other than her friend Shawn?

For some reason, most of her neighborhood was inhabited by Orthodox Jewish folk. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it meant that Sam had little in common with the children who lived here. She still missed her old house in the South. It was huge, open, and all her friends lived over that way. The schools weren't bad, either. Sam walked up to the door of her house and unlocked it. She was no latchkey kid, but she'd had a way in for some time now.

"Hey Dad," Samantha said with a big grin as she came through the door. He was already back this time and exactly where she expected him to be: on the computer, still working. Sam's Dad, even when back from work, was always on it. She for her part thought it was awesome.

"How did the first day of high school go?" said her Dad with a warm look.

((Crap. I've actually been beaten by this person's sheer weirdness. XD I can't nail the speech pattern right. I must bring in.....co-authoring BACKUP! X3 Continued later. ))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
*Cackles* I'm seriously thinking about getting back to this thing. Pyrebird gave me the advice I needed. Why? Once again I have no idea---it's weird that I'm more motivated to write this than I am a legitimate well-rounded story with complex characters. Then again the relationships in this thing do get very complicated, because two out of the five people involved were actually skilled world-builders. The main characters are most definitely Mary Sue in the sense that they become overpowered and rule the plot---but there are five of them (four here) and they are very flawed people even there. That and there's no "canon" for us to screw up. The vast majority of the universes involved were created by us. The canon universes we did use were so corrupted by my world-building obsession that they bear very little resemblance to the original universe. XP

What would you make of a story like that? o.O;
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:13:08 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 04:31:22 PM »
We'd be interested in seeing how it turns out. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
So it looks like, after a bit of strong inspiration, I might come back to this thing. I promised I'd do that a while ago, but I've been way too busy. :P

~For my part I believe it might be an interesting venture to try it.

So off we go in the next few days. <3

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »
Looks like I'll have to read from the beginning then when I get the time. If you recommend it. ;)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »
"Pretty well," said Sam with a big smile. "Nothing much really happened, and the new teachers seem okay."

"Is that so?" her Dad said with a knowing smile. He was continuing to type on his computer, but clearly listening anyway. "What about the kids?"

"There's a new girl that came by, but other than that it's the same old people," said Samantha with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh come now," her father said with a bit of a smirk. "Your intellect might mean that you'll run right over them, but they have their uses."

This was about the most devious thing he'd said in a while, and Sam couldn't help but grin. Her father was advising her to take charge and manipulate at fourteen? She had questionable parents, but an excellent future! Sam wandered into the kitchen to pick up a few food items for her father. He always liked it when she went out of her way to help him while he was working. She turned back in his general direction as she was preparing a sandwich, slathering it with mayonnaise. "Is Mom back from work yet?" she said.

"Not your mother," said her father knowingly. They'd had a conversation like this one countless times. "She's been overworked since the day I met her."

Sam came out with the sandwich plate and placed it next to her father. He bit into it with a hint of glee.

"You're one to talk, workaholic," said Samantha wryly. Her father nodded, not taking a drop of offense as he enjoyed his sandwich.

"Just make sure that you don't turn into us, Sam," he said in response to this. "You're fourteen. It isn't time yet to become a boring adult."

"Ehehe, I'll do my best," she said. She began to wander in the direction of her room, waving her father off. "Bye Dad."

Her father waved back, but seemed absorbed in his food and his computer. High school had done something strange to family relations in her house, although these were still the same. Ever since turning twelve, her sister had been much less communicative with her and more concerned with impressing her peers. Samantha paused, standing in her own room with an odd look on her face. She didn't like the change, but there wasn't much she could do about other than talk to her parents more often and wait until the situation cleared up. It was sure to fix itself, right?

Samantha sat tiredly at her desk and eventually logged onto AIM to meet this Sharon person. She'd really gotten suckered into meeting this git, hadn't she? Sharon's screen-name was Seika Luminas, whatever the heck that meant. It didn't go as badly as she'd expected---- the kid Roleplayed, just like her close online friend Sapphire. (Well, her screen-name was Sapphire anyway). They laughed together for almost three hours, slowly constructing a plot out of the characters they brought into the story. Dang, not bad overall. The kid's characterization needed a bit of work, but a little subtle encouragement would go a long way with this one.

Samantha was about ready to flick off her lights and slip into the heaven that was her comfortable bed....but the voices started up again. They came slowly at first, like a program that was loading, but they soon overwhelmed her mind. "Agghh, dammit!" Sam said, rubbing her forehead. "My medicine doesn't work at all. Migraine!" Seika sat up in bed and backed up against the wall, waiting for it to stop. It wasn't stopping.

Jock Guy from the first incident was back, and he seemed much more worried than before. Definitely more formal, too. "I propose to the Council that we concern ourselves with the incidents surrounding Judge Right. His presence has been reported in multiple universes with no Secondary Rite in play and no relation to one another."

A new voice arose which sounded impish and sarcastic. There was a malice to it though, like a breath of poison wafting through the room. "You expect that He is entirely stagnant? Entropy is inherently part of Multiversal affairs. A change in activity means nothing of interest to this Council."

Sam frowned, listening more carefully. It was odd. She was beginning to realize that she was either insane, or she'd somehow stumbled into someone else's conversation. Entropy? A Multiverse? What was this, DC Comics?

"I am inclined to agree with Malrek," said a cold feminine voice that sounded like a flowing stream. "He has been unpredictable, but this is nothing unexpected to this Council. My compatriot has taken in too much of the Left's political hysteria as of late. And I am of course a loyal representative of the Light."

Interesting. So it was a political telepathic discussion, but about a political body she'd never heard of. "Left" and "Right" seemed to be the two major political parties, but she doubted it was anything like what those terms meant in the United States. A "Judge Right" suggested that both parties had a specific head of party, which was interesting. Sam grinned like a maniac. It was finally happening, wasn't it? This was her chance to go to a magical world!

Sam thought, in the general direction of the chatter, <Uhm, excuse me? Er, can you hear me? Is this thing on?>

"I insist that we bring it to a Council-wide vote," said Jock Guy's voice more urgently. "If these incidents continue happening multiple timelines and universes are going to be disrupted. Those of the Right in on the Judge's conspiracy are of course going to attempt to dissuade us from taking action!"

"Show me your proof," said a deep bass voice with a peculiar rumbling in it, like an earthquake. "The Light may take whatever action they will, but to involve all those present at this meeting requires some more substantial evidence of wrongdoing. It seems to me that you are jumping the gun too early to convince anyone, brother."

They obviously couldn't hear her thoughts. And Jock Guy was losing his argument. There had to be a trick to getting these guys to hear her. She seemed to have gotten control of the volume of the transmission, though. I think I've worked out how to turn it on and off at will, so....I'll try again tomorrow. It's happened twice now, so I figure I'm going to get a few more chances.

Sam dimmed the volume of the thoughts and crawled back into bed, but she wondered how she was ever going to sleep. Her first year in high school was turning out to be much more eventful than she'd thought.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:06:33 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
*Pokes Saffa* :P

It's sorta pointless, but if you want to check it out the whole archive's available. <3

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 01:58:31 AM »
Let me get this exam outta the way. Perhaps before English. :P