Author Topic: Video Game  (Read 3093 times)

Offline arzwlf

Video Game
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
here's a question, im relatively new to the board (not the series though) and didnt feel like sifting through 33 pages to see if this was ever asked:

Has there ever been a serious attempt at a video game based off the series? im not talking a flash game or anything like that, im looking at a full on RPG. im picturing like a GTA type play, let the user acquire and select morphs, and pick their objectives for the overall war. i think there are a million possiblities here, and it would appeal to much more then just the devout fans.....just something i was brainstorming on the 2 hour bus ride up to Seoul.....

Offline musicman88

Re: Video Game
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
Yeah.  There's an actual PC game that's slightly like that.  There's also a platforming PS1 game, and a pretty crappy... I guess "pokemon-like" Gameboy game.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »
Well, if you go to the RAFprojects page you will finda thread started by Dameg. We RAFians are using RPGmaker to make our own animorphs rpg, you might wanna check it out.

Other than that?

No.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:01 PM »
Actually, there are 2 project for an Animorphs RPG. One with RPGmaker, another with another software. I'd like to see how it'd be with the other software... ^^'
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline arzwlf

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
i'm glad there are some thoughts on this at least, im just imagining something grand with so many possibilities. acquiring morphs, setting them in a certain charachter set, for example having a battle morph, intelligence morph, aerial morph, etc. there are so many possibilities, the i cant imagin this possibly being something the "regular population" wouldnt latch on to and enjoy......the more i think about it, the more i wish i had gone into computer programming, or gaming. if kids can get hooked on stealing cars and killing people, i think they could love saving the human race and killing aliens. just my thoughts

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
A GTA style free roam game would be epic. Flying around trying to find morphs that might be usefull. You could have a serious plot too. I mean, each book could pretty much be a mission.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
yeah, i haven't played the ps or gb ones, but the pc version was downright terrible.
the battle system was turn based with absolutely no strategy except using energy bars (food).

you could get a 'super hit' on a hork bajir, then do the same move later and get nothing.
also, i noticed that besides the move names, the morphs themselves didn't really matter.

it was misleading that tobias appeared as a selectable character but was never used.
ax didn't even exist.

Offline bizarrocarlos

• "hey kids wanna turn into animals?" -marco
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »
the game boy one is the same thing. sometimes attacks are super effective or not. i still cant beat the 1st level!!!!! >:(

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
I remember being really excited after playing the demo. The mission was to get into a house I think.

I was like: AWESOME! I'm going to morph ****roach and crawl under the door!

But it was annoying and wouldn't let me do it!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »
The problem with games made from movies or books is that they make them only for money. They make them quickly, with things from the books/movies and don't care about "will it be a good game". They know that many fans will buy them just because they liked the books/movies. The other games, on the contrary, need to find fans. So they have to be good so people will buy them. Well... exceptions: series of games (little by little, they don't really care, because they know many people will play because they enjoyed the previous games, or do a collection), and many people have bad tastes for games. ^^'

Note: GTA isn't a game for "kids", actually, but more for young adults, or old adolescents.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

BaronConall

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 08:24:11 AM »
Considering how descriptive the books got with the battles, a GTA-esque Animorphs game wouldn't be that much of a stretch from the books

I'm actually trying to find somewhere to download the <Know the Secret> PC game, but none of the torrents have enough seeds.

The only time I ever had a chance to try any of the games was with a Game Boy Emulator and a ROM of the GB Colour Game 0.o

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »
Considering how descriptive the books got with the battles, a GTA-esque Animorphs game wouldn't be that much of a stretch from the books

I'm actually trying to find somewhere to download the <Know the Secret> PC game, but none of the torrents have enough seeds.

The only time I ever had a chance to try any of the games was with a Game Boy Emulator and a ROM of the GB Colour Game 0.o

You can fully download both the PC game and the GBC game at the Hirac Delest Forum: http://www.hiracdelest.com/community-status.htm

You will have to register in order to see the Downloads forum (It's hidden from guests).

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »
The video game on the orginal Playstation was alright for that standard.I was so excited when I got the game I was like"Oh wow,I can play Tobias on this"but the second I got it and looked,No,I couldn't be the best animorphs out there so I had to settle for Jake.

The game play was alright and that,but not as good as it could of been for a Animorphs game.Hopefully,one day there will be a fully worked and well detailed game,but then again,I doubt that will ever happen in this day and age or at all in the future.Until then..I guess just stick to the rps here or do PC games.

VisserZer0

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »
I had a spasm of pure unadulterated joy when I found Shattered Reality in my stocking for Christmas one year.
I'd like to see an Animorphs RTS where we have the Andalites and Yeerks as playable factions.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:29:38 PM by VisserZer0 »

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 02:19:07 PM »
I can't think of a type of game I would like to play more than a really good Animorphs game.  The world is surely missing out on some amazing entertainment.