Author Topic: Animorphs Film  (Read 30937 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

Re: Animorphs Film
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »
What a typo! You wrote Spielberg when you obviously meant to type someone else's name, like Garry Marshall. Spielberg is one of the greatest filmmakers since the invention of the motion picture ad would absolutely nail this movie but someone of his caliber isn't necessary.

Joss Whedon would turn KA Applegate's Animorphs into Joss Whedon's Animorphs. He always has to have everything his way. I wouldn't trust him with this material.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:46 PM »
yea spielberg is clearly one of the best, but i just cant see him for this, doesnt seem like a good fit

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
Yes, Spielberg's great, so great that he's not hampered by his oversentimentalizin g! :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
not sure if i could see Spielberg with this...it might end up like WOTW...99% great movie, 1% awful,cheesy ending that makes no sense lol

Joss Whedon would turn KA Applegate's Animorphs into Joss Whedon's Animorphs. He always has to have everything his way. I wouldn't trust him with this material.

i like that he wants things his way. He gets into arguments with studios because they ruin his films. Like Buffy, the studio changed the 1992 original film from what Joss had in mind...the movie bombs.  When Joss does the tv show his way, it ends up developing one of the most dedicated fanbases in history.  That's the same with other films he has a part in...anytime they change his scripts around from what Joss wants to what they think will make more money, the movies end up bombing or underperforming(which i love lol. anytime studios go for money over a quality film, i love when it blows up in their faces so much lol).  And I think he would allow a lot of input from K.A. so it would still be faithful to the series, because he said before, that if he ever directed a Harry Potter film, he would check in with J.K. as much as he could

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
Have to admit, Joss would be good, I'm a huge fan of Buffy/Angel and Firefly and I think he has the style and the wit to carry it off. To be fair, everything he's done, all the TV and film projects that he's prominently associated with have been his own creation. He's worked for years as a writer on X-Men for example, and no-one (to my knowledge) has accused him of Whedonising everything. He strikes me as someone who would be respectful to the source material.

Spielberg has got to the point where I will never suggest him for a film, he just sort of goes off and does his own thing. I doubt he'd be interested anyway.

Directors:

-Todd Holland?
-Joe Dante?
-Bryan Spicer?

Jo Dante's my favorite of the three, while he's done a lit of comedy he's got a few decent horrors in there as well. And I have to admit, I did love Gremlins.
While not horrible choices I don't think the other two really lend themselves naturally to an Animorphs film. They both have predominantly TV background, and while Spicer has worked on some good series in recent years, Holland has mainly comedies and a kids film on his resume.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »
I like Joss Whedon. "Buffy" and "Angel." "Firefly" not so much but it was okay. He's a telented writer but he has to do everything his way and to his satisfaction alone. Just look at the "X-Mne" movie debacle.

I agree that Steven Spielberg wouldn;t be interested in this movie and a director of his caliber wouldn't even be necessary, but why do you dislike the guy?

I really liked Todd Holland's unsold "Time Tunnel" pilot and can work with youngsters and is veteran of f/x and sci-fi and fantasy and action. Actually, I think he's the best choice for the job. Some other possible directors are Brian Henson (guy I'd like to direct my pilot), Simon Wells, Mikael Salomon, Stephen Norrington, Joe Johnston and Stephen Hopkins. I'll edit them in in my earlier post.

Who could write it?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:30:14 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline wolfev

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »
Spielberg is a terrible director. He has like 3 good movies and the rest are over hyped. I'd like to see the Stanley Kubrick Animorphs.

You could get Wendy Carlos to do the Synthesized score. It would open with all the animorphs sitting with Jake in the center holding the Morphing cube and doing this weird stare into the camera as it pans out.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
I expect that an Animorphs film would be nominated for awards in makeup and/or computer animation!

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
Dude.  These threads are all approaching a decade old.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:45 PM »
I am not aware of a rule requiring that I respond only to NEW threads!

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
Haha, no, it's not that.  It's just resurrecting so many of 'em simultaneously...

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
Haha, no, it's not that.  It's just resurrecting so many of 'em simultaneously...

Nor am I aware of any rule limiting how many threads I can bring back from the dead!  :)

Offline matthew

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:05 PM »
Michael Grant did tweet something about there still being some interest on March 15.  So yeah, there's some hope.

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 03:05:31 AM »
*Does the evil jinxing dance hoping it never happens*  Lala lala laa.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 05:43:07 AM »
I expect that an Animorphs film would be nominated for awards in makeup and/or computer animation!
I wish... :P
Sony still has the domains bought up, so there is still a 3% chance of there being an Animorphs movie. Very slim chance, but still a chance

Might Sony be afraid that the North Korean government might object to an Animorphs movie (which would feature kids waging a guerrilla war against a dictatorship), and sick its hackers on Sony again?