Author Topic: Animorphs Film  (Read 30935 times)

Offline wolfev

Animorphs Film
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
I created this thread in order for people to discuss the Animorphs Film. The film may not be a reality yet but I think there is a good chance that it could happen. Here is a problem though. When the film is made the books will be re-released, probably with new covers and stuff. Then they will enforce the copyright laws on the forum and e-books.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Re: Animorphs Film
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »
I didn't even know there was talks of a movie.

Either way, IF it happens, that's still a LONG way off, so that's plenty of time for everyone to save the files to their computers. And they may not even enforce it. This site might not even register on their minds. Another thing that can be do if they do Enforce it, is simply remove the link to them from the board, but keep the webpage out there in cyberspace, so the ONLY way to get to it, is to type in the web address for it. That way the people who currently come here can still access it, but as far as the suits are concerned, it's been removed.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
KA and her husband where on RAF classic for a while and said that some folks in the biz where seriously looking at a doing a movie. Other than that it's kinda up in the air. My concern is are we already to late?
I mean Nancy Drew is still a household name, but the movie that arose this last decade didn't revamp or revive the series (plus the film itself wasn't some stellar success).
I don't know what they'd do about e-book stuff, all sorts of media has some sort of "leech" on it's copyright now that's either ignored or just too much to dismantle
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
I know there are also talks of a Hardy Boys movie and a Goosebumps movie too (Which I have no idea how they're gonna work that one out short of a Creepshow-like format), so maybe they're going to wait and see how those do before making a final decision on this one.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
It would be really great if there was an Animorphs film, but it's been a while since that was mentioned, so who really knows?
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »
They have already made alot of goosebump movies, maybe they were tv movies but ive got one on vhs so i dno

All we knew was it was probably getting pitched to some studios, so who knows how the pitch went, we should hear something about it kinda soon (like in the next year) if anything actually happened, nothing official but some kind of rumor

i really dont see them re-releasing the books, it doesnt make much sense financially, but if a movie was made then that would release some serious interest in animorphs which would blow up the ebooks spot like crazy and they may be taken down, i dont think rich can be sued tho, hopefully not

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:09:47 PM »
"They have already made alot of goosebump movies, maybe they were tv movies but ive got one on vhs so i dno"

Yeah, there was a TV show in the 90's, where each episode was based off one of the books, but they're talking about make a full-length theatrical movie to be released in 2009 or 2010, in theaters. There were articles about it on most movie news sites last month.

(Here's one of those articles if anyone's interested: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/05/15/goosebumps-to-finally-hit-the-silver-screen/)

And they probably would re-release the books if a movie was made. Maybe not with new covers though, but it's smart from a financial point of view. The books are near-impossible to find these days, at least in my neck of the woods, and if the movie turns out good and a success, you'll have old fans wanting to read the books again, and you'll have new fans brought in by the movie, mostly younger kids, who will want to read the books. Again, it really all depends on how well the movie does.

Also, Richard will only be sued if he's given a warning first that he ignores. As long as he follows the warning, nothing will happen to him, so no worries there.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 10:12:13 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 03:52:38 AM »
I'm definately not getting my hopes up..

if there was a movie, that'd be awesome beyond all awesomeness though
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
A movie, if done correctly, would be fantastic. Anything to make up for the TV show. With a larger budget, better CGI and special effects (cough*VisserMcMuppet*cough*) and no random non-existent plot elements (can you say disc?), the movie could prove to be interesting.

It would have the potential to draw in crowds of dedicated fans and others purely out of curiosity. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how they would pull all this together into a coherent 2 hour film. I know they wouldn't try to pull all 54 books into one movie, that would be dumb.

Harry Potter is one film per book, and they can't do that. Films like Series of Unfortunate Events and the upcoming Cirque Du Freak are all based on books 1 through 3 of their respective series. Then again, those series are only about 10 to 12 books long. However, the Animorphs books are a lot thinner than those ranging around 150 pages, I think. The others mentioned can go up to 200 and beyond.

I guess Animorphs books don't have too many major plot elements. Perhaps they could at least go up through book 4 where all the major characters are introduced and focus on the plots that really drive the books forward. And of course there would have to be scenes of the kids being kids. School, dealing with family and all that.

As long as they stick to the basic rules:

1) No Andalite arm wrestling! I'm sure that's beneath them or something.
2) No Visser McMuppet
3) Don't make it look like Ax and the Visser are perpetually in morph. I'm sure they're not exempt from the time limit.
4) Don't make it look like the Andalites skinned Grover and Cookie Monster and turned them into fuzzy arm warmers.
5) Don't let the main characters look like college rejects perpetually caught in a High School time loop.
6) Where are the bloody Taxxons?!
7) I'm quite sure the Yeerks conquered more than one Hork-Bajir. "Hey! It's my turn to be the Hork-Bajir host!"

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
8) Show the entire Hork.bajir for once.
9) Use Dracon beams, not flashlights with an aimer strapped on.
10) ax move his tail for once.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 09:52:51 AM »
A theatrical movie would easily have all that stuff, cause it would have a MUCH larger budget then a ****ty TV show on Nickelodeon, plus special effects have come a long way since the 90's as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:55:03 AM by Slushie Man »

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »
They actually did show the Hork-Bajir in full on the TV show. It was in the episode "Between Friends" (based on #2) where Chapman goes to visit Visser Three to give the cat Rachel morphed into. Chapman goes by the gate and there are two Hork-Bajir guards standing there. It looked incredibly lame. Like claymation almost, because they just moved their head and arms, lol :P

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 01:49:20 PM »
Yeah. Hork-Bajirs just looked...dumb. And I don't mean like smarts wise.

Andalites were demented Furbies though. Those things were already scary enough.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
Yea, Ax had a Mohawk
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »
I know...That was odd...Stupid rebellious teenage Andalites..;)