Author Topic: do morphs age with time and the morpher as time goes by?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

do morphs age with time and the morpher as time goes by?
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:04 AM »
say rachel survives, and after the whole war, post #54, she and tobias are still together and they officially become a couple/engaged. okay. but say tobias still chooses to stay as he is, a hawk with the ability to morph into his human form when he wants, cause he does not want to lose his ability to morph, and frankly, he likes being a hawk.

So, they still would be able to truly be with eatchother and spend time with eachother as human to human whenever tobias morphs into his human morph, as we have seen before in the books. so its not so bad. he just morphs whenever they want to go on dates etc. and he simply demorphs and remorphs again if its a long one, and so goes the pattern.

But then, forward to like 5-10 years in future, when rachel is in her mid-late twenties now, and she goes on date with tobias, and tobias morphs into his human morph; - would it also be a morph of a mid-late twenties human tobias since 5-10 years have passed, or would it still be the morph of a 12 year old pre-pubescent adolescent kid tobias that he originally acquired all those years back?

it would be kinda odd for a 27 year old rachel if she was to be seen making out with a 12 year old tobias - a 27 year old woman with a 12 year old boy lol. i wonder how they would get around this.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:48:54 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline MoppingBear

Re: do morphs age with time and the morpher as time goes by?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
They do not age, otherwise most of their insect morphs would be long dead.

Offline INH

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »
As for the issue of Tobias's human morph, someone brought this up in the "Questions for KAA and Michael Grant" thread, and they admitted that they hadn't thought about that.  Someone else later suggested that the Ellmist had made it so Tobias's human morph would continue to age in real time, and they seemed to like that idea.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »
I really doubt that morphs age past the two hour timeframe before they revert back when the person demorphs. Nothlits would age normally, though. If Tobias decided to become a Human nothlit for Rachel, he would be three years younger than Rachel, plus whatever age difference there already was before he became a Hawk nothlit.

That's not a really big age difference compared to some people I've seen. My parents are like 5-6 years apart. If tobias stayed a bird, it might break up their relationship, or at least strain it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »
3 years is nothing . . . assuming he'd have become a nothlit right as the war ended. Imagine if he they got together but he never stayed a human, if he just kept using the morph. Imagine him beeing carded at a club or being pulled over by a cop.

Cop: I pulled you over because you seem a little young to be driving.
Tobias: I'm twenty one, see, here's my ID.
Cop: Uh-huh, very funny kid. This obviously fake ID isn't going to work on me.
Tobias: No, really, I'm twenty one.
Cop: You look twelve.
Tobias: Just ask my wife.
Cop: (glares at Rachel) Wife? And how old are you ma'am?
Rachel: Not again . . .
Cop: Step out of the car and keep your hands where I can see them.
Rachel: . . . um . . . he's like fifty in bird years.
Cop: Step. Out. Of. The. Car.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
I wonder if anyone did a fanfic like that. Say Rachel lives and tobias stays a bird, and fast forward ten to twenty years where a 30+ year old woman is married to and living with someone who looks 12. Oh, and they have a 10+ year old child.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »
I wonder if anyone did a fanfic like that. Say Rachel lives and tobias stays a bird, and fast forward ten to twenty years where a 30+ year old woman is married to and living with someone who looks 12. Oh, and they have a 10+ year old child.

nonsense. they would have a red tail chick instead of a kid :P
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
What, like Rachel becoming a Hawk nothlit? I doubt she would do that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
What, like Rachel becoming a Hawk nothlit? I doubt she would do that.

who knows...
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »

Red-tail hawks only live about 18 years, and Tobias' morph was already full grown and who knows how old. It could have been 2 or it could have been 12. At some point Tobias would have to either die a bird or remain human. Hopefully at that point he wouldn't be stuck in a pre-pubescent body. :D

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »
As for the issue of Tobias's human morph, someone brought this up in the "Questions for KAA and Michael Grant" thread, and they admitted that they hadn't thought about that.  Someone else later suggested that the Ellmist had made it so Tobias's human morph would continue to age in real time, and they seemed to like that idea.

yeah, i really don't think that's the case.

morphs don't age. tobias's human form remained a thirteen-year-old.

Offline INH

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:05 PM »
Here are the relevant quotes from the Q&A thread.

Quote from: wolfev
I have always wondered about Tobias' Human Morph of himself. Since he acquired himself at approximately age 13 and morphs don't age, after the following 2 years of the war is he a 16 yr old morphing into a 13 yr old body? If so, would that have affected his relationship with Rachel since she was aging normally?

Quote from: applegate/grant
Answer to wolfev that got eaten:

Ooooh, most excellent nerdliness.  You are absolutely right about Tobias' human morph.  And this is the first time we've realized it's kind of an issue.  I guess we'll just have to say that Rachel likes younger men?  Er . . . Hmmmm . . .

Quote from: Metz77
I actually always assumed the Ellimist had tweaked Tobias's morph so it would age with the others. Not the most elegant solution, but there you have it.

Quote from: applegate/grant
Yeah.  Yeah, that was it.  This is why we hate answering speculative questions -- you guys always have better answers than we do.

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »
LOL JFalcon, your post was hilarious :D

Next we'll see rachel poping up on dateline NBC 'to catch a predator' talking to chris hansen.

one way rachel and tobias could solve it is go on oprah or something and explain to the world their story. and also have the government issue some kind of official special card or something for them so they won't get hassled by authorities and stuff.

Terenia - good point.

after tobias's 18 years is almost up as a hawk, he would probably morph into a human and go nothlit in that form in order to keep on living. he still would age normally and be able to reproduce once he hits puberty. rachel however, at this point would be maybe in her late thirties to early forties? who knows.......tobias's would still be physically twelve at this point. maybe in a couple of years, he will get over rachel cuz she old and not pretty anymore, and go after some younger tail  ;D 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:23:46 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 04:28:54 AM »
Marco would likely mention that during his interviews, assuming rachel lived and Tobias didn't exile himself. People would know, or at least important people would.

I don't really like the idea of the Ellemist making it so Tobias' morph ages. There's no point in doing that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline comet266

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 05:00:41 AM »
In book 41, when Jake somehow ends up in the future 25 years later, didn't KAA suggest that morphs do age?  I remember that Tobias was using his Ax morph, and it had aged enough so that he now looked like Elfangor.  Or maybe we can blame that on being an artificial future and not real :D