Author Topic: ...Me? Well, if you insist...  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
Re: ...Me? Well, if you insist...
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
That's why we have nicely placed area rugs in there. To hide the stains. :facepalm:

This is true! Although, please, don't take that for granted. Do you know how expensive those area rugs are? I mean, sure, one at a time not so bad, but we have to buy them in bulk because of all the sanity's that slip by us! Ugh, Seal really should get a few employees, she's gotta' tough job, y'know.

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »
Oh, trust me, I'm not worried about the cost. ^_^ I've umm... got a way of paying for it.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
Oh, trust me, I'm not worried about the cost. ^_^ I've umm... got a way of paying for it.

Oh? Do tell?

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

RAFJOP at your service!

HiImshort

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
hi welcome to raf

Offline Skyeee

• An Honorary Knight who says Ni.
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 03:05:48 AM »
First, thank you all for the warm welcomes!!  I'm definitely feeling the love over here :)  I disappeared this weekend due to something you'd have heard entirely enough about to get bored of if I'd joined a few weeks ago, haha: my play I just closed a 4-week run of.  Now, however, it is over and I'm on unpaid vacation!  God, I love being unemployed. x.x  (did the sarcasm get through?  If not, there's an extra cup of it over there for dipping.)  Nah, there really are high points; like catching up on here!  Let's see...

Haha... don't worry too much about what to call people. Everyone tends to be fine if you just go by their username, and you'll probably learn some real names/alternate nicknames over time ^_^

Okie, sounds good :)  That I shall!
I find every new forum/board/site has its own etiquette and expectations, so this is sort of my crash course in RAF x)

Lol, Skye, you're adorable. I'm so glad you're here! ;D And do let me know if you find that scene! I'm interested in that.

Also, this is just a friendly fyi: when posts merge like your last one on this thread, it means the writer was double posting, which is, strictly speaking, against RAFrules. Next time, just edit your old post, or make it all one post to begin with. That'll keep the mods off your tush.  ;)

-squee- :*  I surely will!  It'll be cause for me to find where topics on random scenes go, and then post one :o  Dang.  Me and my legs need to work our way over somewhere where that information can be found, and I'm pretty sure it's not here glued to my desk. :P

...Oh well, I'm already here... so...  (ack!  the addiction.  It's already upon us.)

And thanks for letting me know!  I was wondering about that.  I'm getting some help on settings-tweaking so I can reply to several things at once if I lapse off (as I did today, closing a show & striking a set -- i.e., being unpaid volunteer labor for a theater).  And yes, Stephyyy; the goal is definitely for me to be on more and see these things when they happen xD  Y'all are so active!  I'm both daunted and jazzed :D

cool! Genie's friend! Welcome! Do you remember what the scenes from that ani book you first picked up were? I might recognize the book based on what happens

That I am!  ;D  Hm; it was a while ago... I recall something about a floating home-world, and it being held up by the flapping wings of the inhabitants therein.  Also a game they played, presumably (if I recall correctly) in their mind.  Pitting invented imaginary worlds against each other to see which would survive over thousands of years?  Only the time was sped up, so you could see within your own lifetime the outcome of the game :P

hello, friend of steph's!

:3 i'm a leetle late, but welcome! and feel free to stalk alum; i'm sure he won't mind. D:

Just for your awesome spelling of "little", all lateness is excused. :D
I figured it would be one of my first duties, as an entering friend-of-his-RAFgirlfriend.  It's what we extended internet relations simply have to do, or we have our licenses revoked.  And getting them back is worse than waiting at the DMV.  You have to wait at the DEIRL.  Department of Extended Internet Relations Licensing.  And no one gets in the right line.

OH RIGHT. them. that was  a WIERD book

Haha; the one I read was definitely on the weird side, so... that could be it? =o

----

Hey Cody!  As a matter of fact, you just came up as a topic of conversation not too long ago and I was anticipating the momentous meeting.  -shakes hand-
No, I don't believe The Seal's gotten here yet, though I've also heard of her!  So many people here have either heard of me, or I've heard of them, it's like meeting your long-lost biological family.  "SKYE!"  "UNCLE TOM!"  *embrace*

In fact, I was just remarking to Stephyyy about the quite niceness of your bottle here.  And it makes a lot of sense!  You know, they just don't make a Tide for sanity stains.  Thing is, I may need a smaller one.  Or at least, I won't need all of this one.  Because, well, my sanity's been drained over the years to where what I will deposit with you will be lucky to be visible to the naked eye.
*puts it in*  ...Ha!  Well, you can see it after all.  There we are; my 0.2 ounces of sanity ^_^  I'll miss it... like the Great Depression.
"LATE?!  But it's barely 3am!"
I'm a nerd in a wonderfully elaborate disguise as a normal human. :D

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 04:05:08 AM »
you read the ellimist chronicles!
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:04 AM »
And going by your posting style, you're also awesome. I'm Ash, welcome to the forum! :)
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »

:P Yes, we figured that out finally. XD

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
Haha. Very nice. I Lol'd at the "'SKYE!' 'UNCLE TOM' *embrace*" bit. :P

Yes, well, you see, the bottle there actually contains the majority of the RAFians sanity. What happens is, when the Seal isn't around to collect sanity, it's deposited in the bottle, then the Seal comes 'round and vacuums it up with the Sanity Sucker 3000.

Although... I just realized, I never had mine extracted. o.0 And I haven't fully lost it yet, either. o.0 Dang it, I don't use the Bored Board enough... :P

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
No kidding, Codes. The Bored Board is nearly as effective at reducing one's sanity as Seal is.

Actually, I think I have negative sanity because of it. I've calculated it--I should have -109 sanity at the moment.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
See, I've got about 42% of my sanity left. >_<

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »
...WHAT? WHAT? *launches self at Cody* WE HAVE TO GET IT OUT! *attaches self to your head*

Offline Skyeee

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 12:10:52 AM »

:P Yes, we figured that out finally. XD

Haha yes we did!  At about 3:42am last night.  I was extremely excited ^^  Childhood memories explained!!  And now I can go back and re-read it and put pieces back together; I missed that darn book  :-*

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 01:33:18 AM »
...WHAT? WHAT? *launches self at Cody* WE HAVE TO GET IT OUT! *attaches self to your head*

HEY! At least one RAFian has to keep some of their sanity! I need to remain the way I am to serve as a beacon to others! :P Oh, and Steph, you make a GREAT fedora. :P

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Skyeee

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:28 AM »
Haha. Very nice. I Lol'd at the "'SKYE!' 'UNCLE TOM' *embrace*" bit. :P

Yes, well, you see, the bottle there actually contains the majority of the RAFians sanity. What happens is, when the Seal isn't around to collect sanity, it's deposited in the bottle, then the Seal comes 'round and vacuums it up with the Sanity Sucker 3000.

Although... I just realized, I never had mine extracted. o.0 And I haven't fully lost it yet, either. o.0 Dang it, I don't use the Bored Board enough... :P

=3  :bow3: glad to hear it.  I watch a lot of British comedy; that's my writer's resume so far.

Ahhh!  ...Wowee.  Y'all collect a lot of sanity around here!  Thank goodness; it's a public nuisance, that sanity stuff.  Get all of it you can.  IT KILLS.

In fact, you should perhaps have a commercial for the site, runs something like,
"RAF - my anti-sanity." ala the anti-drug campaigns.