Author Topic: untitled  (Read 2015 times)

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
untitled
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
blank
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:27:13 AM by Asmodeus »
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline Vanish

Re: Battle Morphs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »
I would choose Jake's battle morph, the Siberian Tiger, I think it was the most dangerous against the yeerks. I know he lost vs David's lion but that was only because of his mane and he couldn't reach his neck which wouldn't matter vs Hork Bajir.
O(o_o)O

Offline LargeMoth

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Spotted Hyena has always been one of my top picks for a battle morph--their jaws are powerful and the large neck muscles provide for some serious pressure in their bite. So far as I know they don't tire too quickly and they can dodge when it counts. On the other hand, the mouth is the only thing it has going in terms of damage dealing, so the head would be in danger a lot. 

As for a tiger, I'd have to point out that it did have one flaw--endurance issues. It could fight well and sprint well, but it's energy reserves weren't stellar.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:38:41 PM by LargeMoth »
Only the good die young

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19:42 PM »
I'd pick the anaconda.
Big, REALLY big. Also really strong and with a decent bite. No venom though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:42:06 PM by Xan »

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
I liked Rachels elephant,she should ave used it more often, much more poerful than the bear. same with the polar bear. For me, I'd go with either elephant, polar bear, or Tiger. Actually, I'd try that DNA mixing thing Ax and Elfangor did for human morphs. (Inagine a Tiger/Gorril combo.  :o )
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Vanish

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:53 AM »
I liked Rachels elephant,she should ave used it more often, much more poerful than the bear. same with the polar bear. For me, I'd go with either elephant, polar bear, or Tiger. Actually, I'd try that DNA mixing thing Ax and Elfangor did for human morphs. (Inagine a Tiger/Gorril combo.  :o )

Haha I never thought of that, I wonder if it's possible to mix different species DNA?
O(o_o)O

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:46 AM »
I doubt the end result would be functional unless it was something like a Liger. A tiger Gorilla combo wouldn't be good.

I've already mentioned my battlemorphs would be something like a Gorilla, Crocodile, and Rhino. Rhinos are tough and can be used like battering rams if they have someone around to be their eyes. Gorillas are good for several things including opening doors and using keypads. Crocodiles are good in areas where there is water nearby, but the battle won't be taking place completely in water.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline LargeMoth

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »

I agree with Chad regarding the mixed morph concept--reminds me of book 35 with Marco

As for the Polar bear, as much as I like the concept of being the largest land predator, it's just not built for warmer climates and will heat up rather quickly.
Only the good die young

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
I'm also afraid the polar bear would heat up too much unless they had a mission farther north. Or outside in the coldest time of the year. The bear has more maneuverability than an elephant, and about as much muscle mass as you can get without going for the big herbavours. I would choose a bear, but I just think a gorilla could do more, like use improvised weapons or grappling with enemies. Of course there's nothing saying I couldn't have a grizzly bear too. I just think my default battle morph would be the silverback mountain gorilla.

Ani-Master 2014!

BaronConall

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
Actually, I'd try that DNA mixing thing Ax and Elfangor did for human morphs. (Inagine a Tiger/Gorril combo.  :o )

I'm picturing either a very slow but bulky tiger or a very orange and toothy gorrila with retractable claws. And even then, I think you'd need to be Cassie to pull off anything Frolis :P

Personally: I'd go Grey Wolf. Adaptable, respectable speed, the instinct seems easy to control and they're sleek. I could re-plan in a small space.
Pretty balanced fighter in my opinion.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »
Yeah my problem with a shino is that it needs a guide to work effectively. Mission control, if you will. If I was isolated somehow, then I could only try to run until i couldn't smell anything around me. Other than that, though, I should be able to barge through just about anything with minimal damage. It's mainly for getting the group from point a to point B and scattering groups.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline powertrash

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 02:19:36 PM »
This is probably one of the coolest parts of Animorphs--they get the animal's strengths but also their weaknesses. I know you guys know that, but I wanted to point it out. Their superpower has flaws depending on the animal they morph. Very realistic and fun to read about.

I probably would have acquired a few, though the Animorphs seemed to frown on acquiring dangerous animals. I would like a tiger or lion, a gorilla (how useful!), or perhaps a polar bear.
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline LargeMoth

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 10:50:07 AM »
Powertrash; I agree with your comment about strengths and weaknesses--I also think that they helped solidify their need to work as a team as their battle morphs tended to compensate for one another.

Asmodeus; I think a wolf morph is more concerned with striking, dodging, rinse and repeat rather than trading blows like a Grizzly or Gorilla would.
As for the komodo dragon, you've made some great points to their strengths, I'd definitely be shakin' if I saw this monster charging me. That being said, I've heard (pardon the pun) that komodos don't exactly have stellar hearing though, so that could factor into your effectiveness
Only the good die young

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
I'd definitely choose andalite. They have supremely weak hands but are perfect for looking around all directions at once and at the same time decapitating Hork Bajir
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »
alligator.

:) it comes at you low and fast. it hits hard, can be pretty maneuverable, and it's genetically managed to survive for a ridiculously long time for a reason. or several. plus, that jaw is amazing. it would do some serious damage; disable people without killing them. and the scales are tough to penetrate- great defense.

con- no good in very small spaces, not as efficient on land as sea, and vulnerable to heavy attacks from above. also, it may be relatively fast, but it's not THAT fast. so retreat in this would only be an option if you could find a safe place to hide.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."