Author Topic: Red Talon  (Read 1001 times)

Offline bluethunder213

• The Thunder Man
  • Xtreme Member
  • I love Nirvana
Red Talon
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
Before you read, know this, I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. I am going to post part of Chapter one of a story I started in July of last year. Hope you enjoy...

Chapter 1

The place smelled of death and the drinks tasted of it too, but this was expected in a bar on Telos IV. Despite how horrible and depressing the Silver Eye was, Rem Drat?n couldn?t have been happier to be on his first mission. He was smiling in a flood of passed out or depressed people, the 18 year-old stuck out like a sore thumb to anyone with half of a brain or a paranoid group of thugs who had just robbed a poor family. This happened to be the type he was looking for.

Soon the thugs had spotted him and began to approach, they were led by a man with a gray flat top and a scar on his right eye. The eye appeared to be dead. “Look what we got „ere,” their leader said, scratching the faint stubble protruding from his chin and neck. “This looks like a boy with a mission.” The five thugs began to step closer to Rem.

“Me?”Rem paused, the grin quickly fading, “I don?t look like a boy on a mission.” His cheeks twitched, “I?m a man." Rem took advantage of the unready thugs, he first head butted the leader, who stumbled backwards. Then, he attempted to punch the second closest thug, but the man ducked. Rem, regaining his balance from the missed punch, was then kicked in the shins by an angry blue Twi?lek. She then attempted to spit on him, but before she could gather enough saliva, she was hit in the back of the head with a blaster pistol.

The blue Twi?lek crumpled to the floor, a green one standing in her place. “Are you going to just stand there, or are you going to help?” Vayla, the emerald Twi?lek inquired.
At that moment, another thug charged at Vayla, but before he could reach her, Rem punched him in the mouth. “I think you know my answer.” Rem said as they continued fighting the surrounding people. Several times Rem felt that when he dodged punches glass was under his feet, and it was breaking. He shrugged it off and guessed it was fallen mugs. Rem was a able to tackle a blond, fat human before he was able to run out of the bar.

“You ever heard of a stealth mission?” A cloaked man, Twitch, asked as he stepped out of the dismal crowd. “You should feel lucky that you didn?t die…uh…what?s your name again?”

“His name is Rem,” said their leader Krist, “and at least he can back up his words.”

“Whatever you say, boss.” Twitch?s brow had furrowed after Krist had spoken.

“Let?s search the guys before they wake up.” Krist said. Soon after he spoke, his crew started searching. Rem chose to search the leader, who looked as if a Bantha had stepped on him. Apparently all the times that Rem had thought he was breaking glass it had been the old man?s face. He searched the man?s pockets, but found nothing except a knife. Rem had been told that they weren?t looking for a petty weapon, so he decided to keep the knife, as a battle prize.

After Rem had kicked him for calling him a boy in their earlier discussion, he began to look around. He counted, 1, 2, 3, 4…“Weren?t there five people?” He said scratching his temple.
The others looked up and did the same thing Rem had done a minute before. “Damn!” The Twi?lek yelled as she stormed out of the bar. Searching for the fifth member was an impossible task because no one had actually noticed what the man looked like, they weren?t even sure if it was a man.
After they made sure the item wasn?t in any one else?s possession, they decided to head back to their ship so they could think of a plan.

“Maybe we should just leave,” Twitch said as they approached the Corsair. “We have no leads to follow up on, and it?s not like we?re getting a lot of creds for this anyway.”

“Before we make any decisions, let?s get some rest.” Krist said as they squeezed into the small ship. The S40K Phoenix Hawk-class light pinnace transport vehicle was made for a crew of five. They now had a crew of six. The oblong ship created tight spaces and the large crew created tough sleeping arrangements.
After they all awoke from their hour rest, they walked to the Med Bay to have a group meeting to decide on what to do. Rem had been explained to when he was recruited that the med bay was the only place to have group meetings because it was the only room made to fit more than four people. Which the six members of Red Talon still had trouble fitting, one person always ended up on the cold, uncomfortable exam table. The new guy had the misfortune of being that person for this meeting and he was told by Twitch that he probably would be there for the foreseeable future.

For the first several minutes Rem couldn?t pay attention for the mere reason of extreme discomfort. When he was finally able to pay attention he heard Krist saying, “Now we can leave, or we can search. The time may not be worth the money, but money is scarce and I know I?m always saying this, the galaxy is beginning to not need the most elite group of mercenaries.” The crew frowned as their leader spoke, for they knew it was true. Work was more and more scarce as they days went by.

Any feed back would be great.

Post Merged: February 25, 2010, 07:08:16 PM
Here's a small synopsis. This story is about a mercenary group in the Star Wars universe. The main character is Rem Drat'n, the newest crewman.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:08:16 PM by bluethunder213 »