Author Topic: (Name Pending) - Story (Fantasy)  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
(Name Pending) - Story (Fantasy)
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »
Hello there and welcome to my story in the works. I've been planning this story for a while and only now am I starting to write it. I will be posting up my work as a go meaning that this will be a rough draft of my story, I may change it, I may not. I'm planing to try to get this published but with  skills as a writer and the mere odds... sadly it is not likely. But whatever... I do hope you enjoy and feel free to comment, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

___________________ _____

Prologue?

The world known as Earth has fallen to darkness and very little light remains. Her time is nearly at an end for her children have created a fatal wound upon her once beautiful flesh...
   She is dying...
   ... and she will soon become a work of the Dark...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The aged, frail form of a humanoid figure sat, cross legged, in a rather large domed room. A large ole sliced cleanly into the roof allowed the night to shine through. Majestic, graceful creatures of lore were carved into the walls, they flowed across the stone. Minuscule, glistening dew floated gently through the chilling air. Star and moonlight filtered through the hovering crystals creating a sparkling mist.
   Ragged, rhythmic breathing filled the chamber creating a pulse, a heart of sorts. The robed form inclined its head upwards towards the sky. Its magenta wrinkled face patrolled the sky, its glowing green eyes glazed and distant, its mouth opened slightly directing the heartbeat rhythm.
   Calm and peace vibrated through the dome.
   Which was soon shattered.
   A piercing scream rushed forth from the magenta creature's throat. It fell back blocking its face from the burning light of the stars.... or was it the burning dark? Fear etched in every wrinkle of its face, its soul. The mist vanished and the heartbeat pounded. "Nooo!" wailed the magenta figure.
   "Father!" the feminine voice slashed through the screams of terror. A tall, thin woman rushed into the room, her skin a darker magenta than the man. Her eyes were aglow and her ears were pointed. Elf. Her blue robes trailed behind her as he knelt beside the trembling relic. "Father what happened?" Her voice was usually comforting but now it was shaken by the sight of the fear in the other.
   The robed man opened his mouth, his throat dry but his skin covered in a cold sweat. "It's just as I feared,"his voice trembled, ready to fall apart at the seams. "Lady Gaia has gone dark..." The man fixed a trembling finger on the sky. There in the swarm of light was a gaping hole, once filled with a star. The light of the star, known as Earth, vanished leaving only darkness behind.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:45:15 PM by Damien »
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

HiImshort

Re: (Name Pending) - Story (Fantasy)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
Kool story so far Damien. There are a few typos but very good anyways. :thumbsup: