Author Topic: If the yeerk threat was real...  (Read 8477 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
If the yeerk threat was real...
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »
What would you do? I may have posted this before, but I ain't sure. So I am now.

OK, lets you found out that the yeerks are real, it is all real. The yeerks are invading our bodies and minds in thier conquest of earth. Would you try to fight? Run? Ignnore it all, or join them? I would fight. I would try to get some evidence, maybe a picture or something. I'd get together with some poeple I'd monitor for 3 days, some friends who are good with fire arms. From there it'd be a mtter of finding where they meet, and killing them there.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline comet266

Re: If the yeerk threat was real...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
What would you do? I may have posted this before, but I ain't sure. So I am now.

OK, lets you found out that the yeerks are real, it is all real. The yeerks are invading our bodies and minds in thier conquest of earth. Would you try to fight? Run? Ignnore it all, or join them? I would fight. I would try to get some evidence, maybe a picture or something. I'd get together with some poeple I'd monitor for 3 days, some friends who are good with fire arms. From there it'd be a mtter of finding where they meet, and killing them there.

Let's see...I would obtain the morphing ability from an advanced alien species and form a group with four of my friends to fight back!  Hopefully along the way, I could also add an additional quadruped member to the group as well as perhaps other auxillary members to expand my efforts :D

Offline AndaliteWarrior100

• This is the best picture I could find of myself.
    • What is a website?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
The threat is real,human. I am Falia-Megatro-Talula. And I've seen terrible things...Enslavemen ts....Worse.........So mark my words, Human: Yeerks Are Real. Be safe.Warn Your People.And Remember To Demorph.
I am an Andalite. What is a Signature.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
No, serously guys. You probably aren't going to get the morping power, so what would you really do?

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline comet266

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »
No, serously guys. You probably aren't going to get the morping power, so what would you really do?

Hmmm, I guess in all honesty, I would want to fight.  I say that now of course, but who knows how I'd actually act in the moment.  I think I might be more useful as a manager/coordinator/PR person than in actual combat though (I don't think too many yeerks would be intimidated fighting against a 5'2 scrawny girl). 

There's no way that I would ever join the Yeerks of course, and I would definitely want to join the resistance!  Well I do know one thing...if the Yeerks ever invade, the RAFians will be among the first to know!

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »
I would probably go to some remote town and watch events unfold on tv.  And then when the threat became too big, I would try to go hide out in the wilderness.  And probably die out there since I am nowhere near a survival expert.

Alic

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
I would like to say I would do whatever I could in my power to fight.
But being a mom.. my instinct is to protect my kiddo.
Either run away with him to keep him safe, or get him somewhere safe and fight anyway

Offline paul1991

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
Difficult question.
I would probably join the yeerks. I can either resist until they kill me or become a voluntary and have some free time during kandrona time.
Becoming a voluntary seems like a better option.   

I couldn't say for sure until it was too late. Good thing none of it is real.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
Why would you surrender your freedom? Besides, I'd probably kill you... >:D

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
Why Again? I would kill you also. Traitor!

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
I would. Dracon to the face.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Literally. lol

If we're assuming that this is the current me who has read Animorphs, then I'd probably get caught pretty darned quickly. If I heard of a social club called The Sharing, for example, I'd probably assume it was formed by an Animorphs fan, and want to find out if I'm right. So, yeah. I'd probably get caught.

If this was an alternate universe me who'd never read Animorphs, then I'd probably find something about it on the internet, laugh and think people are freaking out over nothing like with 2012 and H1N1, comment about it outloud, and... well... Get caught.

Man, I'd be screwed either way. ^^;
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Robcola21

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 05:01:09 AM »
I'm going to assume that the animorphs exist in this hypothetical world,

if i found out the invasion was happening, i'd find a place away from society to become a sort of base, while at the same time trying to act normal like nothing is going on. And i would try to get weapons and evidence of what's going on, and i would try to find other's that i absolutely know are 100% human and try to get them in on my cause of building a base. After the base is secure enough to begin, i'd try to figure out ways to free the human race using my newfound grade A human people.

Hopefully i'd cross paths with the animorphs and join together.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
Well, part of me wants to join the Yeerks I mean lets face it, it would be exciting. The space travel, the battling, rising through the ranks and becoming someone important, having inter galatic species at my control...you get the point.

On the other hand, if I were not a traitor to the whole human race, I would become a guerrilla fighter like the animorphs, but my main interest would be to capture and use yeerk technology. I would like to think that I could capture some yeerk weapons and various other technology and then find a way to reproduce it and build up a high tech army to 'kick yeerk butt' (as some friends of mine might say...).
Meh.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »
The thing with joining is, you don't know what kind of yeerk you'll get. It might be some cruel and sadistic one, and you'd just watch helplessly as it murdered innocent people, maybe even your own family.

As for going underground, good idea. But for replicating yeerk tech, you ain't an Andalite. You'd need experiance, and know lots of mechanics and science and equipment to manufacture your own yeerk devices. I'd stick to gold ol' lead slugs.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw