Author Topic: I was bored in class...  (Read 4203 times)

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
I was bored in class...
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:16 PM »
I used the computer at school, instead of studying or paying attention, to add some music in the background of the first Megamorphs chapter. I was bored, and that was pretty much my reason for doing it, along with the fact that it makes it much more interesting for me personally, to hear music and sound effects in the background of audiobooks, to make it more "realistic."

Anywho, i'll tell you the sounds/music I used, just so the correct credit gets given (not that it makes it legal for me to use it in anyway, lol).

1. Music during Jake's monologue: Killzone 2 soundtrack, Industrial Ghost Town & Grave of the New Sun - by Joris De Man
2. Animal sounds in the barn: Sony's official sound effect release CD set. 10,000 sounds royalty free (if you buy it - $1000.00 value :P )
3. Music near the end: Combination of:
a. Heroes: The Score, Jessica/Niki/Gina - by Lisa Coleman & Wendy Melvoin
b. Killzone 2 soundtrack, But i forgot which one that was. lol

I hope you like it and let me know if there are any suggestions/criticism that you have about it. It's probabaly not perfect, it's amateur work for goodness sakes!!

Megamorphs Chapter 1 - with music

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Re: I was bored in class...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:44 AM »
I thought it was really well-put together, although when the beginning music starts, I think it should end several seconds sooner, around the part where Jake is like 'That's why we were in Cassie's barn' or something like that, instead of about 5 seconds after. I mean, we've got this ominous music playing right through the description of the yeerks, which is great, but then continues into the description of Cassie's barn before fading out. i think it should have faded out about 3-5 seconds earlier. The music itself though was really good and fit perfectly, and I LOVE the animal sound effects.

The music choice for the end also fit in perfectly and started/ended at the perfect times. Great job! You should do this with every chapter, IMO.  8)

I know one person on here already has the first chap put on youtube, but i was thinking of maybe a youtube account specifically FOR this project, and if I do, it'd be great to be able to put up these versions, with the music and sound effects added.

Post Merged: April 07, 2010, 08:39:17 AM
Will you be doing the same with Chapter 2 and all the other chapters?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:39:17 AM by Slushie Man »

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: I was bored in class...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
We already have an audiobook youtube account. We don't need another one made, thanks for the thought though. :)