Author Topic: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback  (Read 85903 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
Also, not all television shows are aired in all states. We got Beast Wars in Illinois for one season, but two states over, they got it for several years running, and another state never had it.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
For the Beast Wars fic, I think you should maybe keep it to the Animorphs not knowing what they are. I don't think Transformers were ever mentioned in the book, so you can pretend that the TV show doesn't exist in the Animorphs universe. 'Cause otherwise, wouldn't it be a bit odd, that there's a fictional TV show that's COMPLETELY accurate? It breaks the fourth wall a bit too much for my own taste.

That makes sense and is a good argument for why not to bring that up. That's sort of what I was thinking but couldn't really find the words to say it.

I can see the person's point of view where in the real world that would make sense. But then again Animorphs, while realistically based, isn't the real world. I think I can use creative license and alter things a little. Cuz, while it makes sense to have the Animorphs recognize the Maximals and Preds as something off Transformers, it complicates things a whole bunch.

Maybe I can play it off as an affect of the explosive transport? Even if it does exist in their world, when they transport to the alternate universe they have no knowledge of it because the 2 realities don't co-exist or something like that. Not sure that made any sense.....

Or I'll elude to it and have Marco make an off comment like "This seems like some sort of TV show."

Also, not all television shows are aired in all states. We got Beast Wars in Illinois for one season, but two states over, they got it for several years running, and another state never had it

There ya go. That covers that! :-D

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 05:08:21 PM »
I've had a fanfic going 4  while but nobody seems interested in it. Oh well ;D(thinking: Ya'll suck!!!!!!!! :fighting0071: :mad12: :sad49: :sylar: :sylar2:)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
like your latest update phoenix.

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »
Wow, Mike, you updated. Do you know how many writers I've seen that don't update their fanfics? *nudges... certain people* :P

Pretty good chapter. Looks like Mike's got a girl problem and a Yeerk problem. Now I'm wondering how this will affect the events that should take place later on. Well, anyway, good job. Can't wait for the nxt chapter. :)
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »
can't wait for the next book

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:37 AM »
Thanks you two! I'm glad you liked the new chapter!  :)

Yeah some of you already know what happens to Erika, because of what is in the original version. Just to keep you on your toes, I will tell you that it may change. I have planned for Mike to have a love interest, but I won't say if it's Erika or not...

There's a good chance that I will continue the story after book 1. I made plans for some original story lines, but I also want to include Mike's version of other books in the series. Obviously I can't do all of them, so if you have any suggestions for books I should definitely do, just let me know.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
there's no proof yet that erika's the same girl that was in the original version. it could be a completely different person. and the thing on monday could be a complete coincidence.

I'd like to see #49. he has no family, so what would he do to help the others.

also like to see the david trilogy. obviously he knows what happens with david and will vote against. making it a tie until jake votes.

also the last book. where would mike be? on the blade ship helping rachel? maybe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:18:56 PM by morfowt »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
With David, I suggest you kick him and run for it :D

By the way, loving your fic, and I can't wait for the next one.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. Erika is the same girl as in the original version, I just said that she won't necessarily turn out the same way.

If I ever get that far, I will definitely be doing the David Saga. Like you said, Mike voting no will make it a tie until Jake votes. This means that if Jake (or one of the others) changes their vote, then all that trouble with David would never happen. You'll just have to wait and see what I have planned, although I like the "kick him and run" idea!  ;D

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »
also wanna see #32 just for this reason.

jake said he wanted send at least two animorphs to each truck. that means they don't need either rachel with them. so how does that work?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »
Maybe I could... kick her and run?  :P

Not even sure if I'd want to do book 32 or not. If I end up writing the whole Animorphs Travels series, then I'll have to cut out a lot of the books that aren't necessary to the main plot line (unless it's a fun book that I really want to write!)

I just posted another chapter by the way, hope you guys like it.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »
oh yeah, I do.

not so much about the battle morph you chose for him, but hey, it's your fanfic.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »
Maybe I could... kick her and run?  :P

Hahahaha made me crack up, nice one.

I was happy to see an update with your fic, nice job :)
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »
Splee! More quick updates. Good, good.

Yay, things are starting to get exciting. Or, well, they were exciting. I bet they'll be even more exciting at the end. Anyway, another great chapter. I'm looking forward to the scene where Mike tells the Animorphs his secret.  >:D

One question, sorry if you already answered, I don't remember: Have you completed the fic? Or did you get close and finally decide to finish?
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D