Author Topic: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback  (Read 85898 times)

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Re: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »
Cell numbers are the same here, I think. I don't have a home number though.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
Cell numbers are longer than home numbers here.

Back on topic a little, I have a question for you guys that is relevant to my fic (assuming any of you are reading it). My character now has a whole weekend to wait before the Animorphs meet up on Monday and discuss Jake finding the Yeerk Pool. I have a few ideas of what he can do in that time, such as testing morphs out, but I want to know what you guys think.

So, if you were in the Animorphs universe with the morphing power and 2 days to kill, what would you do?
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
test what morphs? the only other morph he has is homer. and he said in book 1 he didn't practise the lizard morph.

besides, wasn't this book in your point of view? or did you switch to jake now?

Me? I guess I'd try to relax, after all, it's soon going to be nightmare from hell. I'm going to grab every chance I have to relax.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
test what morphs? the only other morph he has is homer. and he said in book 1 he didn't practise the lizard morph.

besides, wasn't this book in your point of view? or did you switch to jake now?

Me? I guess I'd try to relax, after all, it's soon going to be nightmare from hell. I'm going to grab every chance I have to relax.

Hahaha! I'm talking about MY character! Not Jake!  ::)

Doesn't matter now anyway, I've got an idea. And I also realised that he only has one day to relax, but that just makes it easier for me.

If you guys like my fic, then I may decide to continue it after the first book is over. I have some plot lines in mind of my own creation, but most of them will be my own version of the original books.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »
I have a few ideas of what he can do in that time, such as testing morphs out, but I want to know what you guys think.

you said what he could do. and I said he couldn't have been testing morphs out.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »
I have a few ideas of what he can do in that time, such as testing morphs out, but I want to know what you guys think.

you said what he could do. and I said he couldn't have been testing morphs out.

NOT JAKE! My character, Mike. He can test morphs out all he wants.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 12:26:55 PM »
well it can get a bit confusing since you wrote jake last. because of that, I assumed it was Jake.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »
Couple of questions regarding my fic "Animorphs Enter the Beast Wars" for those that have read it.

Someone on fanfic.net pointed out to me that the Animorphs, at least Jake and Marco, should be familiar with the concept of the Transformers since Animorphs takes place in a realistic Earth universe. Should I go back and edit that into the meeting of the 2 groups? Should the names like Optimus and Megatron spark something in Marco's head?

I'm a little unsure of how to handle this and how the characters would react. Would that new and clear understanding of who the good guys and bad guys are change anything? Or would the Animorphs still be on edge as I've had them the whole time?

The second question is, and this has been mulling in the back of my head for a while, is anyone else of the opinion that the Animorphs teamed up with the Maximals too fast and without good reason? This happens in Part 5. It takes place near the end of that part, so you could go check that out and let me know. I mean, if it were just the Yeerks, I could see the Animorphs turning down the Maximals flat. However, would the Animorphs really charge out against the Yeerks and a group of unknown robots minus their fearless leader?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 12:34:27 PM »
Well the story is about Mike, so I thought it was obvious. Sorry if I confused you.

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »
Cool fic so far, Mike. I'm really enjoying it. It's one of the few "Fan gets pulled into the Animorphs universe" stories that I actually liked. There are so many of them, sometimes I just feel like I'm reading the same thing over and over again. But this one was different. I like how you added Mike as an addition to the group early in the fic, rather than just having him meet up with the Animorphs later on, like most people do.

I think you did a great job with the writing. You used a lot of voice, which I like. Mike is very realistic and believable. He isn't one of those characters that acts one way, then acts completely different two chapters later. Though it isn't the kind that has me on the edge of my seat begging for more, the writing is gripping. At this point, I'm curious. I want to see what happens next. I'm wondering what little twists and changes you have planned.

So, yeah. Great job, Mike. You are going to continue, right?
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »
Thanks Charlie, it's not often I get an in-depth, honest review. Yes I know the idea of an OC ending up in the Animorphs world isn't a brand new idea (although when I started it I had barely seen any) but I'm glad you like it. One of the ways I try to keep realistic is by doing the same thing that gave me the idea in the first place: imagine what I would do if I were there.

I was 13 when I originally started the story, which is why Mike is 13 (and because I felt he should be the same age as the Animorphs). I wrote a few notes, including some basic plans of what other books to include Mike in (obviously I wasn't going to re-write the whole series from Mike's POV) as well as some of my own plot ideas that were never in the Animorphs series.

I've abandoned this story (and later continued it again) many times. This time round I am definitely going to finish part 1 (book 1) but since I have other stories and my RP to work on, I'm not sure about doing more of it after part 1. If you guys like it and I can fit it in between my other work, then I might continue it.

Thanks again for your comments.  :)

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
Ah, I know what you mean. To be honest, I don't think I've ever finished a fanfic, or any piece of writing that wasn't a school assignment, for that matter. So, I understand if you have other things to work on. I also understand if it takes you awhile to get to the end. Glad to hear you'll at least finish part one. Until then, I'll be waiting for the next chapter. :)
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »
To be honest, I've never finished any story before, fanfic or not (I'm not counting short stories I was forced to write at school). As I plan on becoming a published writer one day, that will have to change! :P

The next chapter should be fun, as it's a brand new chapter that was never in the original version. In the old version, I went straight onto Jake calling a meeting on the Monday to discuss what he'd found at school in his Green Anole morph.This time I figured I should give Mike a day to himself, so you'll see what he gets up to once I post the next chapter. Not sure when that will be, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »
Couple of questions regarding my fic "Animorphs Enter the Beast Wars" for those that have read it.

Someone on fanfic.net pointed out to me that the Animorphs, at least Jake and Marco, should be familiar with the concept of the Transformers since Animorphs takes place in a realistic Earth universe. Should I go back and edit that into the meeting of the 2 groups? Should the names like Optimus and Megatron spark something in Marco's head?

I'm a little unsure of how to handle this and how the characters would react. Would that new and clear understanding of who the good guys and bad guys are change anything? Or would the Animorphs still be on edge as I've had them the whole time?

The second question is, and this has been mulling in the back of my head for a while, is anyone else of the opinion that the Animorphs teamed up with the Maximals too fast and without good reason? This happens in Part 5. It takes place near the end of that part, so you could go check that out and let me know. I mean, if it were just the Yeerks, I could see the Animorphs turning down the Maximals flat. However, would the Animorphs really charge out against the Yeerks and a group of unknown robots minus their fearless leader?

the first question, you can make it that they can't be sure they really are the transformers. it could all be a yeerk trap.

second question, I'm not sure.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:24 PM »
For the Beast Wars fic, I think you should maybe keep it to the Animorphs not knowing what they are. I don't think Transformers were ever mentioned in the book, so you can pretend that the TV show doesn't exist in the Animorphs universe. 'Cause otherwise, wouldn't it be a bit odd, that there's a fictional TV show that's COMPLETELY accurate? It breaks the fourth wall a bit too much for my own taste.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem