Author Topic: How would you buy the reprints?  (Read 9142 times)

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: How would you buy the reprints?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
Regular book for me.

I'm definitely a techie, but I don't like what I'm seeing in e-books and e-music. There's essentially a war going on between publishers and pirates, and we users are caught in the crossfire. Pirates steal the books, so publishers make it harder to get the books. Eventually, normal users pirate because getting the books legally is a massive pain in the backside.
The real issue here is that many publishers seem to enjoy causing trouble. For example, last year, Amazon forcibly removed two books from users' Kindles. To me, that's unacceptable.
I know K.A. and M.G. almost certainly won't do that, but I don't want even anyone to even have the ability to do that. Paper books fit the bill just fine.
Besides, paper books don't break easily (well, pages can be torn, but at least dropping a book won't break it) and they don't require a battery, which means they don't just "wear out" (generally just when you need the book for something, per Murphy's Law). Sure, e-books may be the way of the future, but I don't like it one little bit. I'll be using paper books, thank you.

As for a price... I think somewhere between $5 and $10 is reasonable, and I'd be happy to pay up to $12 if it would bring 2.0.

Just my 2ยข.
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D