Author Topic: Animorph Successors  (Read 11334 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorph Successors
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »
Chad was in the electronics section of the store, checking out some video games, when he noticed Ben. Chad thought his Yeerk used to be Kopak. He purchased the game, and decided to say hi.

"Hey Ben. How's it going? Still hanging in there?" He said. He wasn't sure if Ben was an anti-Yeerk extremist, since it had been years since they last met. He probably knew Chad was protecting his Yeerk. Who didn't?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »
Ertoran stood at the end of one of the long rows of DVDs, shuffling the featured items back into alphabetical order. If there was one thing she truly enjoyed about her human morph, it was her strong fingers and hands -- far more useful than her Andalite ones.

A group of men congregating not far away caught her ear, and she silently eavesdropped on their conversation. At the name Kopak 452, however, she froze. She most certainly knew that name; even if she had not remembered Kopak from the Yeerk pool, it was a distinctively Yeerk name. Why would a Yeerk nothlit be throwing out his name like that? she wondered. Did his host allow him to acquire his own DNA? Or is he the host of a Yeerk who has moved on?

Her curiosity getting the better of her, she rounded the corner and, a few DVDs in hand to use as an excuse for being on the aisle in case things turned sour and she needed to leave, walked towards the men. She doubted any of them would recognize her since she had spent most of her time in the Yeerk pool in the acquired human host body of a fellow Andalite, but this particular female morph she was now in had been in the pool before, so it was a small possibility.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:45:17 AM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 11:25:35 AM »
((Awww, boo. I'm having trouble coming up with a character. Well, have fun guys! If I succeed I may post a sheet. Though you'll probably need another thread for that if this becomes popular. : )  ))

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »
((Gah, sorry for the seven word post, it was early in the morning and I forgot the no one-liner rules. *Edited* ))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
((Cloud, your intro post made it seem as though Ben had called everyone together, and so I'm typing this based off of that assumption. If that's incorrect let me know and I will edit it))

Raya 5-4-8 kept her eyes on the floor as she maneuvered through the crowded mall. She was using her small stature to her advantage, making herself look as invisible as possible. Her clothing added to the mirage; on her head she wore an over-sized beret, pulled down low over her eyes to shield her face. The rest of her clothing was baggy and nondescript, making it difficult for anyone to identify her.

<This is stupid,> Raya commented as she moved her host towards the nearby electronics store.

<No,> her host, Marisol, disagreed, <it represents hope. There are still humans out there who think like me.>

<It could very well be a trap.>

<No one knows that you exist,> Marisol pointed out, <Ben assumed he was calling me, not you. How could someone you have not seen in over half a decade plan a trap like this?>

<With much patience,> Raya says. She was about to point out that Marisol was far too trusting, but the internal conversation had diverted her attention from the outside world. With a cry of alarm, Raya's shoulder clipped the edge of a DVD rack at the entrance to the electronics store, spilling the latest hits across the floor and causing a fair amount of noise.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
At the sound of DVDs clattering to the tile floor, Ertoran froze like--well, like a startled deer. Her hearts--no, heart--was pounding in her chest with residual surprise; she was not used to her human morph, especially when trying to be quiet. She turned around, her wide brown eyes landing on the woman who had caused the mess.

Her first instinct was to lower her face immediately and kneel to pick up the display so that she would not earn the attention of the men who had been speaking. When she felt her boss's eyes on her from across the store, however, she snapped into employee-mode. "Are you alright, miss?" she asked, approaching her. I must not attract suspicion from the humans, she berated herself. Just behave naturally.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »
<Dapsen,> Raya hissed silently, dropping to her knees and scrambling to gather up the fallen movies.

"Oh..." Raya looks up at Ertoran at her words, her tanned skin brightening as she blushes furiously, "yes'm, I'm fine. Sorry...just...had a little accidente. I've got it."

She pulls herself to her feet, clutching a variety of DVD's, including the recent BBC documentary Planet Hork-Bajir and begins to shove them back on the rack haphazardly. In her rush her beret falls to the ground, revealing a mass of dark, curly hair.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »
Ertoran c.ocked her head slowly at the single word of Spanish, an action she had picked up directing while in human bodies. "No problema," she responded, not even aware she was speaking in the language as well due to the translator chip in her head, and knelt to pick up the soft hat.

Something about this woman seemed extremely familiar to the Andalite. Could it be she was another Yeerk? As Ertoran had spent only a few years in human society masquerading as a human rather than a Yeerk, she had not accumulated enough acquaintances to readily dismiss a nagging feeling of familiarity.

((Cloudbreaker, did Ben call all of our characters here, or is this a coincidence for some of them? Should we assume all our characters know at least Ben, if not each other? If your response drastically changes what I had been thinking, I'll edit my post. Thanks!))
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline AndaliteWarrior100

• This is the best picture I could find of myself.
    • What is a website?
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »
Name: Sanii
Physical Description: I have blue eyes, a blue blouse and jeans, and blonde hair.
Personality Description: Kind,Gentle,Animal-Loving,Smart,Strong,Fair
History: I am the new animorph
Current Morphs: Hork-Bajir.
I am an Andalite. What is a Signature.

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »
(AndaliteWarrior100, could you please add a little more bulk to your app?  To everyone else, I was planning on having Ben invite some of you, and the others met up as a coincidence.  But I was going to let each of you decide individually wether or not if you were invited or wether you just happened to be there.  Everything posted thus far looks fine.  Keep up the good work!)

"I may have used my hippo morph once or twice," Ben replied to Garrett just before someone else interjected.  It was Chad!  He had made it.  Ben smiled and waved to him as he watched Chad approach.

Then Ben heard a clatter and looked in the direction the sound had come from.  "Hey look, it's Marisol.  Maybe we should see if she needs some help..."  Ben started walking towards her even though it looked like an employee was already on the job.

"You okay, Marisol?" Ben asked when he reached the spilled electronics.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
A look of relief intermingled with exasperation comes across Raya's face as Ben approaches.

"I'm fine. Just a little...I'm fine," Raya gives Ben as smooth of a smile as she can, straightening up to her full four feet, eleven inches. Her gaze falls on her beret, still in Ertoran's hands.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »
Garrett looks oddly at the acquaintance, searching his memories. His face drastically changes to jovial laughter as he remembers the person's name. Just then another familiar walked up to them. He obviously knew Ben, as he used his name. He was about to inquire this new person's name when another customer apparently named, "Marisol", knocked over a display rack of DVDs.

He follows Ben toward Marisol and listens to their conversation while trying to remember if he's seen these other people.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
Ertoran, still crouched down, blinked at the human male's words. He had called her Marisol, but more importantly, he had said he knew her. She must be a Yeerk nothlit or former Controller, too; no other likely conclusion could be reached.

She straightened beside Raya and offered her the hat. "Dígame si necesita algo*," she said to her and ha turned to walk back to her post by the DVD counter until she got a good look at Ben's face. It was indeed familiar; she had certainly seen him in the Yeerk pool. There was no denying it.

*Tell me if you need anything
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
Garrett followed the clerk to the counter she was "manning", "Hey, do you have component cables for the PS3?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
"Gracias," Raya said, glanced around as she replaced the beret on her head. She was about to say something else to Ben when someone new walked up, someone that she did not recognize. She bit her tongue, looking uneasy. A glance over her shoulder revealed that the worker who had helped her was still in earshot.

"How are you, Ben?" Raya asks, her accented voice low, "it's been awhile."