Author Topic: Animorph Successors  (Read 11345 times)

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
Animorph Successors
« on: February 12, 2010, 03:50:45 AM »
Background

It is six years after the war has ended, and after the Animorphs left Earth in order to attempt to rescue Ax.  The dark days of the yeerk invasion are well behind us in most peoples lives and human society has moved onward.

But the yeerks are still here.

They aren't invading, and they aren't here in secret.  They aren't even slugs.  They were made into nothlits and live among us in their new forms.  But not all humans are okay with their former enslavers living amongst them.  Some people seek them out, harass them, capture them, sometimes even exterminate them.

In a strange twist of fate, humans no longer need protection from the yeerks.  The yeerks need protection from the humans.

Benjamin Bishop, an ex-controller involved in the former Yeerk Peace Movement has decided to do something about it.  Like many ex-controllers, Ben had been exposed to the morphing cube while it was in yeerk custody.  He decided to gather several people from his old life as a controller that he thought might be interested in helping him.  He wanted to form a new group of animorphs to help keep the peace between humans and yeerk nothlits.

Character Application

Name: (the name your character goes by)
Age: (how old your character is.  Remember, it is six years after the end of the invasion)
Physical Description: (a physical description of your character.  The less pictures, the better. ;) )
Personality Description: (how your character tends to act)
History: (something about their life during and after the invasion)
Current Morphs: (the morphs your character has, if any)

Rules

1. Follow the forum's normal rules.
2. No single sentence "in character" posts.  Multiple paragraphs are preferred.  Put a little more effort into it. ;)
3. No god modding.

Other Notes

I plan on this thread running for one mission and then decide from there if people would like to keep going.

Characters/Morphs:

1. (Cloudbreaker) Ben Bishop: Hippopotamus, California Condor, Clydesdale Horse
[spoiler]Name: Ben

Physical Description: Ben has a medium build, dark brown ear-length hair and brown eyes.  He often wears suit jackets and polished shoes.  He has pale skin with a couple freckles on his cheeks.  Other than the way he dresses, Ben is fairly average in appearance.

Personality Description: Ben has a determined nature and a strong sense of justice.  If someone is in trouble he has a hard time just standing by and doing nothing to help.  However, he is not the greatest when it come to thinking up the correct plan of action.  For example, instead of telling a lifeguard that someone is drowning, he would jump into the water after someone despite being a poor swimmer.

History: During the invasion Ben and his yeerk, Kopak 452, were very low on the command chain.  He was able to stay low on the Vissers' radars and was a member of the Yeerk Peace Movement (YPM).  Ben's father was a wealthy CEO of a large store chain, which is why he and his father were infested in the first place.  So when Ben's father died at the end of the war, Ben inherited the estate where he now lives.

After finding out that his old friend Kopak 452 had been killed by anti-alien protesters, Ben decided to try and form a group together in order to do something about it.

Current Morphs: While Ben was a controller he acquired a hippopotamus as a battle morph for fighting the animorphs.  He was also given a California Condor morph for transportation.  That is it.  After being freed, Ben did not morph often and so only acquired one other animal during the next six years.  He acquired one of his Clydesdale horses out of curiosity.[/spoiler]

2. (Spartan-281) Garrett: Black Panther, Black Mamba, Cooper's Hawk, Human Woman (secretary)
[spoiler]Name: Garrett
Physical Description: Athletic build, 6’ 3”, shoulder length light brown hair, hazel eyes that shine green, tanned skin. He wears casual 90’s skater style clothing. Loose fit, basic, no big designs, mostly black colors. He always wears over-shirts with a tee underneath.

Personality Description: Garrett is a good Samaritan. If anyone is in trouble and he has the ability to help, he will. He’s extremely analytical and likes to plan approaches before acting. Sometimes he analyzes too much and misses opportunities, but when the timing is right, he looks like Batman. His nature also can get him in trouble socially, he calculates what’s said and often will correct others whether or not they ask.

History: During the war, Garrett was a voluntary controller. He had hoped to work with new, exciting, alien tech, but his yeerk ended up as a grunt in the front lines. He kept his mind busy and active by playing mental chess while his yeerk fought. His strategizing saved his and his yeerk more times than he can count. When it was time to doling the morphing ability, Garrett’s yeerk listened to him and chose wisely for any fight. When his yeerk was forced out of his head, Garrett felt sorry for it and helped it escape.

Current Morphs: Garrett obtained the Black Panther for battles, and the Black Mamba snake for any stealth missions necessary. As he was front line infantry, it wasn’t deemed necessary to give him a flying morph. After Garrett helped his yeerk escaped, he needed a flyer, so he came across a Cooper’s Hawk in a make shift vet hospital in someone’s barn.[/spoiler]

3. (Terenia [Teach]) Raya 5-4-8 of the Par Kelupt Pool: None
Marisol Reyes: Canadian Goose, Housefly, Wild Boar, Mountain Lion, Alaskan Malamute
[spoiler](Yeerk)
Name: Raya 5-4-8 of the Par Kelupt Pool
Physical Description: Your typical little gray parasitic slug.
Personality Description: Raya is a cautious Yeerk. Generally she comes across as shy and wary, and many mistake her for being kind because of this. While she is congenial to those who are pleasant to her, she is also well aware of the fact that in a post-war world kindness could be a death sentence. When push comes to shove, she will do what has to be done. Guilt is a bit of a foreign concept to her.
History: During the height of the Yeerk Empire Raya was a mere underling. As with so many other Yeerks, she had been fed the Empire propaganda since grubhood and believed it without hesitation. Then, after the Empire collapsed, she was forced to adapt to a new world where all the rules she had known were broken. She made a deal with her host, who had initially been involuntary. She agreed to remain a vessel in an attempt to save the Yeerk species from genocide. Together Raya and several other Yeerks stole massive quantities of Kandrona and went underground before nothlitism could be forced on them.
Current Morphs: None

(Human Host)
Name: Marisol Reyes
Physical Description: Marisol is rather short at 5’2” and has a definite Hispanic heritage. Her hair is black, her skin tan and her eyes deep brown. She is relatively thin, but with definite curves.
Personality Description: For the most part, Marisol is a gentle-hearted, kind person. She loves all life, and has a strong moral grounding. She was raised Catholic and her faith guides her decisions, even now in a post-war world. The other side of her, however, is a strong woman who will stand up for her beliefs and will not back down from a fight over them, even if she is wrong. Marisol is extremely stubborn, to a fault, and is not afraid to let people know what she thinks.
History: Marisol was captured when she was only twelve years old. Her older brother, who took care of the family, had become infested through The Sharing and through him she and each of her five siblings had become Controllers. After the war was over, Marisol wanted nothing more than to abandon her Yeerk forever and be free once more, but the threat of genocide to an entire species was too much for her to bear. She decided to allow Raya to remain in her, to give her a chance at preserving the Yeerk race.
Current Morphs: Canadian Goose, Housefly, Wild Boar, Mountain Lion, Alaskan Malamute
[/spoiler]

4. (KitsuneMarie) Ertoran-Sorath-Anduross: Yeerk, human, mosquito
[spoiler]Name:
Andalite: Ertoran-Sorath-Anduross
Human: Tora Anderson
Yeerk: Eriss 247

Physical Description:
Andalite: Ertoran has a petite build with weak arms and hands but considerably stronger legs and tail. Her fur is a dark shade of bluish purple, and all four of her eyes are green.
Human: Ertoran’s human morph, “Tora,” was created through the Frolis Maneuver with the DNA of five human females. As a result, her morph could be considered pretty but not particularly remarkable looking. She is 5’7” and has wavy brown hair down to her shoulder blades, dark eyes, a medium complexion, and an average build.

Personality Description: Ertoran used to be focused and dedicated, but she has undergone something of an identity crisis. Now haunted by regret and guilt, she does not speak often and is generally as secretive about her life as she is suspicious of others. Fortunately, this morose attitude is starting to be broken down by the human sense of humor she is slowly picking up.

History: Eight Earth years ago, Ertoran was selected—along with her classmate Serid—from among the arisths of her age to engage in a secret espionage mission on Earth during the war. Serid was ordered to morph a human and pass as a Controller, while Ertoran was ordered to morph a Yeerk and reside in Serid’s brain. Only these two Andalites and their commanding officer were aware of this distasteful mission.

During the several instances she was present during a battle with the Animorphs, she did her best to cause chaos and assist the “Andalite bandits” indirectly. Since she and Serid were under orders to keep their existence on the planet a secret, however, they avoided all contact with them. Besides, a nagging fear haunted her, despite her best efforts to squash it: that some of her new Yeerk acquaintances (not all of whom, she had reluctantly decided, were not so bad) might be killed. The more time Ertoran spent among Yeerks and in Yeerk morph, the more she sympathized with them.

Serid never suspected his partner's compassion for their enemy until one evening when he was nearing the two-hour morph limit and was forced to demorph in a quiet corner of the Yeerk Pool. He and Ertoran were spotted and captured; the Yeerks ordered Ertoran to evacuate his body so he could be interrogated, and she was put in a personal Pool to await punishment for neglecting to tell anyone she had managed to gain an Andalite host. While Serid’s memories were being analyzed, Ertoran demorphed, morphed into a mosquito, and escaped the Yeerk Pool with the intention of rescuing Serid as soon as possible. She gained a human morph to pass as a Controller, but she never discovered anything about Serid's whereabouts.

When the war ended, Ertoran was plagued by shame for what she had done to Serid and her betrayal of all she had been taught about Yeerks as a child, so she cut off contact with the Andalite home world, passed as a human, and demorphed every two hours to retain her Andalite form. She works as a salesperson at an electronics store—a job she hopes will not attract too much suspicion.

Current Morphs: Yeerk, human, mosquito[/spoiler]

5. (Chad28) Chad: German Shephard, Tabby Cat, and Gorrilla
[spoiler]Name: Chad
Physical Description: 5'9" caucasion male that's a bit skinny and out of shape, but otherwise healthy.

Personality Description: He's kind of opinionated, but is mostly a nice guy. He likes to help people, and dislikes when someone tries to push him or his friends around.

History: He joined the Sharing when he was 19 because the Sharing did community work and he thought that would look good on a job application. He eventually became a full member and involuntary controller. however, the more he found out about the Yeerks the more he realised the typical Yeerk was as much a slave as the Humans. Forced to do whatever their psycho Visser wanted because he controlled the Kandrona. It made him sympathize a bit, though he never became officially voluntary.

After the war his Yeerk willingly became a Human nothlit, and worked to become a contributing member of society. Unfortunately his life was threatened and he's now living with chad in his house for protection. he's afraid to hold a job, or even leave the house much. Most people don't try to trash Chad's house because they know he can morph.

Morphs: German Shephard, Tabby Cat, and Gorrilla.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:36:19 AM by Cloudbreaker »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Animorph Successors
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:26:30 AM »
I'm interested in signing up. I have two questions before I issue my character description:

1. Are you looking for all of the characters to be morph-capable off the bat?
2. Can we see Benjamin's full description?

Haha, this sounds a lot like my GESB character's world; she is the postbellum human leader of a movement to protect Yeerk rights. Have you been spying on that RP? ;) Just kidding--actually you should join us there too, if you like fast-paced RPs! And don't worry; I won't use the same character in here.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Cloudbreaker

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »
I'm interested in signing up. I have two questions before I issue my character description:

1. Are you looking for all of the characters to be morph-capable off the bat?
2. Can we see Benjamin's full description?

Haha, this sounds a lot like my GESB character's world; she is the postbellum human leader of a movement to protect Yeerk rights. Have you been spying on that RP? ;) Just kidding--actually you should join us there too, if you like fast-paced RPs! And don't worry; I won't use the same character in here.

1. Yes, pretty much.  While your character doesn't have to be morph-capable to participate, they do have to be morph-capable in order to, well, morph.  Ben doesn't have access to a morphing cube.  It is sort of assumed that the characters will be ex-controllers that still have the ability to morph, but there may be other possibilities as well (such as an auxiliary animorph who survived the final battle or something).

2. Sure.  I'll edit this post shortly and include his full Character Application.  Edit: done.

3. The GESB thing is a complete coincidence. :P

Benjamin Bishop

Name: Ben

Physical Description: Ben has a medium build, dark brown ear-length hair and brown eyes.  He often wears suit jackets and polished shoes.  He has pale skin with a couple freckles on his cheeks.  Other than the way he dresses, Ben is fairly average in appearance.

Personality Description: Ben has a determined nature and a strong sense of justice.  If someone is in trouble he has a hard time just standing by and doing nothing to help.  However, he is not the greatest when it come to thinking up the correct plan of action.  For example, instead of telling a lifeguard that someone is drowning, he would jump into the water after someone despite being a poor swimmer.

History: During the invasion Ben and his yeerk, Kopak 452, were very low on the command chain.  He was able to stay low on the Vissers' radars and was a member of the Yeerk Peace Movement (YPM).  Ben's father was a wealthy CEO of a large store chain, which is why he and his father were infested in the first place.  So when Ben's father died at the end of the war, Ben inherited the estate where he now lives.

After finding out that his old friend Kopak 452 had been killed by anti-alien protesters, Ben decided to try and form a group together in order to do something about it.

Current Morphs: While Ben was a controller he acquired a hippopotamus as a battle morph for fighting the animorphs.  He was also given a California Condor morph for transportation.  That is it.  After being freed, Ben did not morph often and so only acquired one other animal during the next six years.  He acquired one of his Clydesdale horses out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:12:14 PM by Cloudbreaker »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »
I might be interested in joining. Would it be possible to have a character who is a Yeerk (nothlit or otherwise)? Or are you just looking for human characters?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cloudbreaker

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:39 AM »
You could be a yeerk nothlit if you would like.  You could maybe be a regular yeerk if you had a really good reason since Visser Three/One is the only non-nothlit yeerk known to be on earth.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »
Well, I have a bit of a background idea, but I don't know if it jives with your perception of a post-war world.

I figure since after the war they forced all of the Yeerks to become nothlits, obviously not all of the Yeerks would be in favor of such a thing. First of all, they had no choice, second of all it's basically genocide. I always pictured factions of Yeerks, mostly low-level 'unaccounted for' Yeerks, raiding defunct Yeerk ships and stealing portable Kandrona, then going underground with their hosts in an attempt to keep the species from dying out. They would likely be a mix of former YPM Yeerks and Empire Yeerks who are joined in the common cause of keeping the Yeerk culture and race alive. They would obviously be on the run constantly from the authorities, who would be trying to track them down and force nothlitism or Kandrona starvation on them.

But, of course, if that doesn't fit with your view of this world I can come up with a character more along the lines of yours. :)

Offline Cloudbreaker

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 02:38:11 AM »
That seems plausible.  If you would like to make a character like that, and you think you can pull it off, then I say go for it.  8)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 03:37:19 AM »
This looks really cool.

Name: Garrett
Physical Description: Athletic build, 6’ 3”, shoulder length light brown hair, hazel eyes that shine green, tanned skin. He wears casual 90’s skater style clothing. Loose fit, basic, no big designs, mostly black colors. He always wears over-shirts with a tee underneath.

Personality Description: Garrett is a good Samaritan. If anyone is in trouble and he has the ability to help, he will. He’s extremely analytical and likes to plan approaches before acting. Sometimes he analyzes too much and misses opportunities, but when the timing is right, he looks like Batman. His nature also can get him in trouble socially, he calculates what’s said and often will correct others whether or not they ask.

History: During the war, Garrett was a voluntary controller. He had hoped to work with new, exciting, alien tech, but his yeerk ended up as a grunt in the front lines. He kept his mind busy and active by playing mental chess while his yeerk fought. His strategizing saved his and his yeerk more times than he can count. When it was time to doling the morphing ability, Garrett’s yeerk listened to him and chose wisely for any fight. When his yeerk was forced out of his head, Garrett felt sorry for it and helped it escape.

Current Morphs: Garrett obtained the Black Panther for battles, and the Black Mamba snake for any stealth missions necessary. As he was front line infantry, it wasn’t deemed necessary to give him a flying morph. After Garrett helped his yeerk escaped, he needed a flyer, so he came across a Cooper’s Hawk in a make shift vet hospital in someone’s barn. (( ;) ))

((How's this?))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloudbreaker

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 04:35:37 AM »
Looks good.  I'll add you to the list!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08:44 AM »
((I'm going to Tahoe for the next 5 days. I'll be back LATE Wednesday, possibly early morning Thursday.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »
Writing a character bio. Will post it as soon as I finish. :) Just letting you know I'm still in.

Offline Cloudbreaker

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
Awesome!  Can't wait to read it.  :)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
Okie, here you go. Sorry it took so long, but I had to come up with a background for both the yeerk and the host. :P

(Yeerk)
Name: Raya 5-4-8 of the Par Kelupt Pool
Physical Description: Your typical little gray parasitic slug.
Personality Description: Raya is a cautious Yeerk. Generally she comes across as shy and wary, and many mistake her for being kind because of this. While she is congenial to those who are pleasant to her, she is also well aware of the fact that in a post-war world kindness could be a death sentence. When push comes to shove, she will do what has to be done. Guilt is a bit of a foreign concept to her.
History: During the height of the Yeerk Empire Raya was a mere underling. As with so many other Yeerks, she had been fed the Empire propaganda since grubhood and believed it without hesitation. Then, after the Empire collapsed, she was forced to adapt to a new world where all the rules she had known were broken. She made a deal with her host, who had initially been involuntary. She agreed to remain a vessel in an attempt to save the Yeerk species from genocide. Together Raya and several other Yeerks stole massive quantities of Kandrona and went underground before nothlitism could be forced on them.
Current Morphs: None

(Human Host)
Name: Marisol Reyes
Physical Description: Marisol is rather short at 5’2” and has a definite Hispanic heritage. Her hair is black, her skin tan and her eyes deep brown. She is relatively thin, but with definite curves.
Personality Description: For the most part, Marisol is a gentle-hearted, kind person. She loves all life, and has a strong moral grounding. She was raised Catholic and her faith guides her decisions, even now in a post-war world. The other side of her, however, is a strong woman who will stand up for her beliefs and will not back down from a fight over them, even if she is wrong. Marisol is extremely stubborn, to a fault, and is not afraid to let people know what she thinks.
History: Marisol was captured when she was only twelve years old. Her older brother, who took care of the family, had become infested through The Sharing and through him she and each of her five siblings had become Controllers. After the war was over, Marisol wanted nothing more than to abandon her Yeerk forever and be free once more, but the threat of genocide to an entire species was too much for her to bear. She decided to allow Raya to remain in her, to give her a chance at preserving the Yeerk race.
Current Morphs: Canadian Goose, Housefly, Wild Boar, Mountain Lion, Alaskan Malamute

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:51:47 AM »
Ok, let me know if the idea of a Yeerk-sympathetic Andalite is too far-fetched, Cloudbreaker; I'm happy to change it.

Name:
Andalite: Ertoran-Sorath-Anduross
Human: Tora Anderson
Yeerk: Eriss 247

Physical Description:
Andalite: Ertoran has a petite build with weak arms and hands but considerably stronger legs and tail. Her fur is a dark shade of bluish purple, and all four of her eyes are green.
Human: Ertoran’s human morph, “Tora,” was created through the Frolis Maneuver with the DNA of five human females. As a result, her morph could be considered pretty but not particularly remarkable looking. She is 5’7” and has wavy brown hair down to her shoulder blades, dark eyes, a medium complexion, and an average build.

Personality Description: Ertoran used to be focused and dedicated, but she has undergone something of an identity crisis. Now haunted by regret and guilt, she does not speak often and is generally as secretive about her life as she is suspicious of others. Fortunately, this morose attitude is starting to be broken down by the human sense of humor she is slowly picking up.

History: Eight Earth years ago, Ertoran was selected—along with her classmate Serid—from among the arisths of her age to engage in a secret espionage mission on Earth during the war. Serid was ordered to morph a human and pass as a Controller, while Ertoran was ordered to morph a Yeerk and reside in Serid’s brain. Only these two Andalites and their commanding officer were aware of this distasteful mission.

During the several instances she was present during a battle with the Animorphs, she did her best to cause chaos and assist the “Andalite bandits” indirectly. Since she and Serid were under orders to keep their existence on the planet a secret, however, they avoided all contact with them. Besides, a nagging fear haunted her, despite her best efforts to squash it: that some of her new Yeerk acquaintances (not all of whom, she had reluctantly decided, were not so bad) might be killed. The more time Ertoran spent among Yeerks and in Yeerk morph, the more she sympathized with them.

Serid never suspected his partner's compassion for their enemy until one evening when he was nearing the two-hour morph limit and was forced to demorph in a quiet corner of the Yeerk Pool. He and Ertoran were spotted and captured; the Yeerks ordered Ertoran to evacuate his body so he could be interrogated, and she was put in a personal Pool to await punishment for neglecting to tell anyone she had managed to gain an Andalite host. While Serid’s memories were being analyzed, Ertoran demorphed, morphed into a mosquito, and escaped the Yeerk Pool with the intention of rescuing Serid as soon as possible. She gained a human morph to pass as a Controller, but she never discovered anything about Serid's whereabouts.

When the war ended, Ertoran was plagued by shame for what she had done to Serid and her betrayal of all she had been taught about Yeerks as a child, so she cut off contact with the Andalite home world, passed as a human, and demorphed every two hours to retain her Andalite form. She works as a salesperson at an electronics store—a job she hopes will not attract too much suspicion.

Current Morphs: Yeerk, human, mosquito
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:03:35 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »
oh this sounds fun, may I join once I think of a character?
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)