Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234240 times)

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1950 on: June 29, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
I just noticed someone smited (smote?) Tim for his post.  Yeah, punish people for their opinions you don't agree with, that's the way to promote open dialog and understanding.   ::)

Widespread morphing would be a pain.  It would make it almost impossible for people to prove they are who they say they are, or prove someone isn't.  You'd basically have to make them wait hours to open an account at the bank or at the DMV to get a license to make sure they aren't morph....  oh wait.  We already do that.  Nah, we're good.  :P

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #1951 on: June 29, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »
#34 had a weird ending. Didn't really conclude.
Why the heck was 34 called "the prophecy?"
yeah

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #1952 on: June 29, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
Half the names don't make sense lol

Random thought: On my copy of the Phoenix files, it says "this is a great book blah blah" Michael Grant, author of the Animorphs and I was like wtf he didn't write the animorphs, and I looked it up, and that's how I found out that half of them were ghost written. This was 2 years ago.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #1953 on: June 29, 2015, 08:53:41 PM »
Random thought: On my copy of the Phoenix files, it says "this is a great book blah blah" Michael Grant, author of the Animorphs and I was like wtf he didn't write the animorphs, and I looked it up, and that's how I found out that half of them were ghost written. This was 2 years ago.
That's sad :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #1954 on: June 30, 2015, 05:45:02 AM »
Half the names don't make sense lol

Actually, Michael Grant didn't ghostwrite the books. He co-wrote the Applegate one; KA and Mike are spouses.
yeah

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1955 on: June 30, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »
Yes I know, but looking it up led me to realise lots were ghost written.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1956 on: June 30, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »
I read Phoenix Files too! (though I can't find copies of 5 and 6)

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1957 on: June 30, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
It sure was too bad the Arn made themselves uninfestable. The biotechnological knowhow the Yeerks would've gained... BAM! Instant iskroot! End of the war! Peace and cinnabons and symbiotic hosts for everyone! (Also what is Phoenix Files?)
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1958 on: June 30, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »
It sure was too bad the Arn made themselves uninfestable. The biotechnological knowhow the Yeerks would've gained... BAM! Instant iskroot! End of the war! Peace and cinnabons and symbiotic hosts for everyone! (Also what is Phoenix Files?)

It doesn't seem to have occurred to the Arn to try creating artificial hosts for the Yeerks.

What would you think of artificial mechanical hosts for the Yeerks, equipped with their own Kandrona generators?  I'm sure the Chee could create such hosts.

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1959 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:09 PM »
We Arn have our reasons. Mostly we don't want to be controlled by another species

Phoenix Files is great series of 6 books written by Chris Morphew. Yes, his name is Morphew.
 I read the whole series last year, then I read Gone, they're pretty similar :P

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #1960 on: June 30, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
What would you think of artificial mechanical hosts for the Yeerks, equipped with their own Kandrona generators?  I'm sure the Chee could create such hosts.

The Chee actually were such hosts.  Everyone always forgets that Erek showed the poor yeerk he was keeping tied up as a prisoner in his head, supplying him with Kandarona rays so that he wouldn't have to risk releasing Chee secrets to Yeerk forces.

So yeah, the Chee had access to Kandarona generators, which makes a bunch of plot holes even less excusable.  For instance, their lack of a decent plan in #31.  Imagine if they'd let Tom's yeerk get nice and desperate before backing him into a corner and offering a choice between death, or living as a Chee captive.  Yeerks get really submissive in defeat, so of course he'd go along with it.  Then they have Erek play Tom for a while before faking his death, all whilst Erek mind-probes the yeerk for info.

THAT WOULD SOLVE SO MANY PROBLEMS OMG
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1961 on: July 01, 2015, 04:34:53 AM »

The Chee actually were such hosts.  Everyone always forgets that Erek showed the poor yeerk he was keeping tied up as a prisoner in his head, supplying him with Kandarona rays so that he wouldn't have to risk releasing Chee secrets to Yeerk forces.

So yeah, the Chee had access to Kandarona generators, which makes a bunch of plot holes even less excusable.  For instance, their lack of a decent plan in #31.  Imagine if they'd let Tom's yeerk get nice and desperate before backing him into a corner and offering a choice between death, or living as a Chee captive.  Yeerks get really submissive in defeat, so of course he'd go along with it.  Then they have Erek play Tom for a while before faking his death, all whilst Erek mind-probes the yeerk for info.

THAT WOULD SOLVE SO MANY PROBLEMS OMG

One plothole: Why didn't Erek suggest the above idea during #31?

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1962 on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »
Lol, Animorphs radio commercials

:static::

JAKE: Hel-...hello? Turn it a little this way... ::tone of airwaves change to a higher pitch:: Ok,the animorphs are on-air.

RACHEL: Ok. This is Rachel. I am an animorph. I used to be fearless, but now I feel this fight is going to the grave. We fight a bunch of parasetic aliens called Yeerks, and they are getting more aggressive. Don't doubt me. They're here. And we need your he- ::static::

ANNOUNCER : Get the latest Animorphs Book, The Resistance, by KAA Applegate at bookstores everwhere, and know the secret.

::static::

JAKE: Hi. My name is Jake. For three years we've been fighting the Yeerks. But now changes are coming. Big changes. Changes that could morph your world- ::static::

ANNOUNCER: Get the newest Animorphs book, #46 The Deception, wherever books are sold.

Rachel: Go, Jake!

Jake: Okay. My name is Jake. I'm the leader of the Animorphs. We've been fighting the Yeerks for three years. But now we know we just aren't strong enough. So we need your help. We need...

ANNOUNCER: "The Animorphs need your help. Catch K.A. Applegate's latest book, The Deception, in stores near you."

Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #1963 on: July 05, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
I planned on reading #44 today. Instead, I learned some CSS.

When you need to decide between reading Animorphs and coding, you realize how much of a nerd you are.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1964 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »

If you live in Brazil, BUY THESE REPRINTS!!!!
Also, the reprint cover for 4 looks weird.
Also, these cover's Tobias and Marco (see below) ARE CUUUUUUUUUTEEE. ;) :luv:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:33:44 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.