Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234307 times)

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1860 on: March 16, 2015, 02:49:20 AM »
They actually use Cake a lot. :P
Tobiel?

Tobiel sounds nice. Another alternative without Rachias.

I'm new this whole shipping thing. Can we ship threesomes? Maybe Marximilias? Marco, Ax, and Tobias?  :-*

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #1861 on: March 16, 2015, 02:56:47 AM »
It took me years to realise "Prince" didn't mean the same thing in Andalite military terms as it does in human societies. For a long time i just couldn't get why Elfangor was a prince but Ax wasn't.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1862 on: March 16, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »
You'd think Ax calling Jake Prince would have tipped you off that the meaning was different.

Yeah Rabias does sound similar to rabies. Cake sounds great for Jake/Cassie. I have never shipped Marco/Ax. Kind of a leftover from when I used to dislike homosexuality, but I always assume two close same sex people are just buddies until they start kissing or something. Not that Marco and Ax were terribly fond of each other like that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #1863 on: March 16, 2015, 06:47:30 AM »
You'd think Ax calling Jake Prince would have tipped you off that the meaning was different.

You'd think that, but really it just confused me even more.  :XD:

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #1864 on: March 18, 2015, 07:03:47 AM »
Shipping names.

Marco+Rachel+Jake+Cassie+Esgarrouth : Marrakesh. Tobias is excluded. ;D

A relationship between cousins : Jachel. Rake. Jara. Raja.

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #1865 on: March 18, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
Shipping names.

Marco+Rachel+Jake+Cassie+Esgarrouth : Marrakesh. Tobias is excluded. ;D

A relationship between cousins : Jachel. Rake. Jara. Raja.

Ooooo... Very impressive.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1866 on: March 22, 2015, 02:41:16 AM »
 :D one of my posts got noticed

Marco x Ax was one of the first ships I ever shipped
just
because
so cute

Also, I just decided to reread all the TV Tropes subpages
tv tropes is eating my liiiiiiiife
but it's awesome that Animorphs has so many subpages

Offline WeLeadTheLost

« Reply #1867 on: March 26, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »
I've always found the end of #8 really frustrating. The Animorphs had a golden opportunity to deliver a devastating blow to the Yeerks and gain a very powerful ally.  If only Alloran could have morphed and rid himself of the poison, if only Tobais hadn't missed Visser Three when he wiggled through the grass (I can't imagine catching a slow moving slug would be harder then a terrified mouse)
There were plenty of so-close-yet-so-far moments in the Animorphs series, but none of them irritated me as much as that one.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1868 on: March 26, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
Yeah. Buuuut... that book had the first real characterization of Ax. So... it balances out.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1869 on: March 27, 2015, 01:42:49 PM »
V3 had major plot armor on that day. I actually roleplayed a character that was based on an alternate universe where they did manage to kill him, but the Yeerks won because V1 came back to finish the job V3 was trying to do.

Ani-Master 2014!

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1870 on: March 29, 2015, 01:40:09 AM »
Plot armor. PlotArmor? :o hello fellow troper

and yeah the Yeerks are weird. they put V1 in charge of Leera and V3 in charge of earth. To quote CinnamonBunzuh:

Quote from: Ifi
It's like the council of thirteen took Vissers One and Three and were like, "Hey we found posts that are perfect for both of you but we're assigning you to each other's."
"All-out invasion of an alien frog planet with lots of combat? Edriss you can do that."
"A subtle and painfully slow takeover of the state of California, which relies exclusively on an understanding of human culture? Esplin, you're up."
This quote comes from this review

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1871 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:56 AM »
I think it was V4 for Leera, but I will admit V3 was an odd choice for a guy with V3's personality. Given how he was promoted to v1 after his failures, instead of demoted, I'd say he has some sort of pull with the Council. He wanted to be the one that killed Elfangor. Why he stuck around after that, I don't know. Although I do remember it turns out the only reason they were going for quiet invasion was because V1 didn't want two Humans to get killed in the war. I think the original explanation was that if they went openly, War of the Worlds style, the Humans might have won, but then it one book Ax says the Blade Ship could ignite Earth's atmosphere from orbit. So even if we kept them from taking us all, they could still take some of us and burn the rest, and one or two billion would likely be enough to satisfy their needs.

And yes, I'm a troper. There was a thread where we gave the books alternate titles, and most of the alternate titles I came up with were tropes. Except things like naming the last book The End.

Ani-Master 2014!

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1872 on: March 29, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
Awesome! I have the same name and pic on TVT as here.

Also, brb looking for thread

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #1873 on: March 31, 2015, 12:51:32 AM »
Would it work if you acquired yourself at age, lets say, 13, then 10 years later morph into your 13 year old self? I don't even think you can acquire yourself since your DNA is already in you, but what if you cut off an arm and preserved it or something, then acquired that arm 10 years later-you would be acquiring (slightly) different DNA than what you already have! I don't really know how DNA ages or anything, so correct me if I'm wrong.

And if that worked, you could live to like 90, then morph into 13 year old self, become a nothlit, move to another country and disguise yourself so you could live again. And if the ellimist owes you a favour you could repeat the cycle- you could live forever! ;D ;D ;D
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1874 on: March 31, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »
You know how Ax acquired all of the Animorphs (except Tobias) and combined them via Frolis maneuver? Could he morph into just one of them?