Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233904 times)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1710 on: March 03, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
Interesting idea, but what's in it for the Yeerks to help the NSA, rather than just infesting them?

Oh, and I've been waiting and waiting to post one of my own (I didn't want to double post, and it's been forever since anybody else has posted here).

So, let's look at a few facts:

-The Time Matrix is white.  Z-space is white.
-When using the Time Matrix, you see your body inside-out from all possible angles.  When in z-space (outside the protective shielding of a ship), you see your body inside-out from all possible angles.
-Z-space is at one point metaphorically described as the point at the tip of a cone, connecting all universes (which are described as lines along the cone).  The Time Matrix is demonstrated to have the ability to travel from one universe (ours) to at least one other (Elfangor/Loren/Esplin's hyper-spiral).
-Z-space does allow for the possibility of time travel, as seen in #18 when the Animorphs came back from Leera at different times but showed up on Earth at the same time, without any time apparently having passed in between (even though time obviously did pass).

GUYS GUYS GUYS.  The Time Matrix is made of solid z-space that somehow manifested itself in real space!

Offline Liora

• Political Animorphs
« Reply #1711 on: March 05, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
Interesting idea, but what's in it for the Yeerks to help the NSA, rather than just infesting them?
Maybe they don't want the government to find out and get involved, since that would launch an open war, which might lead to the loss of large numbers of valuable host bodies.

Incidentally, I am deeply, deeply amused by the fact that my karma is at zero because one person gave me a karma for that post and then another took it away for the same post. :XD: Who downvoted me? Is there an NSA operative on RAF? ;)

Oh, and I've been waiting and waiting to post one of my own (I didn't want to double post, and it's been forever since anybody else has posted here).

So, let's look at a few facts:

-The Time Matrix is white.  Z-space is white.
-When using the Time Matrix, you see your body inside-out from all possible angles.  When in z-space (outside the protective shielding of a ship), you see your body inside-out from all possible angles.
-Z-space is at one point metaphorically described as the point at the tip of a cone, connecting all universes (which are described as lines along the cone).  The Time Matrix is demonstrated to have the ability to travel from one universe (ours) to at least one other (Elfangor/Loren/Esplin's hyper-spiral).
-Z-space does allow for the possibility of time travel, as seen in #18 when the Animorphs came back from Leera at different times but showed up on Earth at the same time, without any time apparently having passed in between (even though time obviously did pass).

GUYS GUYS GUYS.  The Time Matrix is made of solid z-space that somehow manifested itself in real space!
That makes a crazy amount of sense! Or at least as much sense as Z-space ever makes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:36:59 PM by Liora »
Political Animorphs: Overthinking a Plate of Yeerks.

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #1712 on: March 05, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
You know seeing all this comments it suddendly ocurred to me that the main reason why the animorphs reboot failed was that people didn´t find it plausible for a secret this big to remain hidden, you know with cellphones/cameras and youtube and social networks this would have been known ASAP. However Im thinking that maybe in this new world the yeerks would have used those same weapons agains us, the only thing they needed was to capture Mark Zuckenberg or maybe some YouTube admins and convince people that any video they saw of a hork-bajir roaming around was just a tralier for a new movie or something, or just take it down inmediately.
Having them have this degree of control would in my opinion make them much more formidable and scary enemies. Just my two cents

Offline lolapandi

« Reply #1713 on: March 06, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
So I was scrolling Animorph fanart while listening to Beyonce's recent album and had a random desire to make a fanvid set to the song 'Superpower.' Like some of the lyrics could totally fit:

"(Super power)
A subtle power
(Super power)
A tough love
(Super power)
Uh huh, like a shark
(Super power)
Ooh, Like a bear"

"And I thought the world would revolve
I thought the world would revolve, without us
Without us, without us, without us
But nothing I know could break us down
They couldn't break us down"

"And just like you I can't be scared
And just like you I hope I'm spared
It's a super power
(Super power)
The laws of the world never stopped us once
Cause together we got plenty super power"

But I am like the least creative person ever so I wouldn't know the first thing about making a fanvid. Alas!

Sigs were never my strong suit. Just talk to me!!

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1714 on: March 15, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
 ;Dthe v3 eatin ppl deserves a fic. Will write and link. :visser3:

Offline lolapandi

« Reply #1715 on: March 21, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »
Talked about this in another thread but it belongs here too! In the recent episode of Cosmos, they to go to Saturn's moon, Titan, and talk about how it's really likely to have life like nothing we've ever seen. Which of course only reminded me of Visser 3 getting his Veleek from somewhere around there. Maybe K.A. can see the future!
Sigs were never my strong suit. Just talk to me!!

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1716 on: March 28, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
k.a.
y u troll us with cliffie ending
jake: ram the bladeship
suddenly a wild author note appears
KAA:trolloolololl end of series have some armageddon
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:06:56 PM by SmartGirl333 »

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1717 on: March 31, 2014, 04:05:11 PM »
I have  ship art
 :jake:/ :cassie: :rachel:/ :tobias: :marco:/ :ax: tho it is shown that Marco/Ax is just a fic

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1718 on: April 06, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
Oh, man, something crazy just occurred to me.

First off, what if the real reason the Ellimist wanted to save the Iskoort in #26, had nothing at all to do with showing the Yeerks a way around parasitism?  That explanation never really made much sense to me in the first place, given how far away the Iskoort homeworld was from earth; the Ellimist must have known that the war would be long-over before the Yeerks and Iskoort ever made contact.

Instead, ponder on this.  The Ellimist's original homeworld, Ket, was covered in uninhabitable sulfuric swamps, which was what forced the Ketrans to live on the crystals in the atmosphere instead.  The Capasins destroyed the crystals, but we have no reason to assume that they wouldn't have left the planet itself otherwise intact.

The Iskoort homeworld (perhaps not coincidentally) has a surface covered by very similar sulfuric swamps.  Much like the Ketrans, the Iskoort were thereby forced to live far above the planet's actual surface.

So, here's the revelation that blew my mind: what if the Iskoort homeworld actually WAS Ket?!  What if, what the Ellimist wanted to save from Crayak's corrupting influence, was not the species, but the planet itself?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1719 on: April 06, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »
...My mind is completely blown.

...On a totally less profound note. I've been doing a writing challenge on site where I write prompts for each letter in the alphabet relating to a specific topic. I picked Animorphs. Because I could. And somehow it's turned into random drabbles about secondary characters. Except one about Cassie, but whatever. THERE'S A THEME GOING.

A "if you haven't read the series, you can tell who gets the most page time based on the quality of the writing. More time = better writing" theme. Also I had the hardest time figuring out how to write about combining DNA for "F is for Frolis Maneuver." Morphing Sequences take a long time to write. D:

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1720 on: April 06, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
I'm an animorphs geek. I know the EXACT canonical position of Ellimist chronicles.
(Book 54, most of Page 24)
I actually was not born when the series came out but I'm gonna reread by release date anyway!
This is gonna be a long post, but, I want to tell you the story of how I discovered the Animorphs. OK so I was in year 5 and a few animorphs books were permanently part of the class set. I had read all others so I had no choice. My first was I think #14 or #16 (the permanent books are #5, #12, #14, #16, #32) so I sorta got a bad impression from that filler. But I sought out the books in the council library. They only had the 7 damn books of reprint. I could not read #8 (my fave. look at dat sig) until I found the /eBooks section of this website! I bought TAC at a bookstore. In 2013 my bookish aunt Stephanie bought me a lot of books off Amazon and I bombarded my dad with random plots until he read TAC and then the real series. He is up to #28 now and he mostly reads eBooks. Mostly in release date order for Megamorphs and chronicles because WHO THE HELL KNOWS WHERE HBC FITS IN PLOT???? Mum read #1 and was like "meh you can tell me plots. I don't want to read another series."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1721 on: April 08, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
Dino: That. Is. Awesome. I really like that theory. It's just crazy enough to make sense. You should write a fanfic about it.

Steph: You're a nerd. It's great ^_^

SmartGirl: A lot of us grew up with this series, so it's good to see that it's still finding new fans. I'm glad you're enjoying it ^_^ As for HBC: It has to fall between #13 and #23 somewhere-- probably somewhere in the middle, and at a time when the Animorphs haven't had much going on (ie not during the David trilogy). If you read it after any book from 14-19, it'll probably fit right in. The Megamorphs books do, in fact, take place according to their release date (putting them after books 7, 18, 29 and 40).

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #1722 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:37 AM »
Dino? My mind has been completely blown.

K.A., you sneaky little devil, you. :wow:

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1723 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Thanks. I'm in year 7 now cuz I'm smart. lol yesterday I had an in depth convo with my dad about what qualifies as filler. We agreed on the definition of filler being "A book which does not contribute to the story arc but is just there to elongate the series or add funny. A filler book can be omitted without confusion for a new reader. #14 The Unknown (andalite toilet) is a good example." The other two classes of book are Character Development book; "which just develops a character's individual arc. There is not much effect on the main story arc but they should be read to avoid confusion. #5 The Predator (Marco + V1) is sort of an example." and Essential Plot book. "These books must be read because they have much effect on the main plot. Introducing non-throwaway characters and necessary concepts, these books are completely essential to the series. #49 The Diversion (families evacuated) is a vital part of the plot. otherwise people may think How the F did everyone's parents appear in the HB valley?"

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1724 on: April 15, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
I think my karma is totally shot now, after the flight 370 stories and thinking "dude...it was Nartecs."

I'll go figure out a penance now.