Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234357 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1380 on: April 03, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
Yeah, the model for Tobias dyed his hair right before the photo shoot.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1381 on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »
But he couldn't have died it BACK?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1382 on: April 04, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
So, I'm writing an RP post where my character gets involved in a battle. As I was writing it, I realized he was enjoying it. XD My exact thought: "He's having a Rachel moment. :D"

Yeah. My favorite thing I've ever written. Hands down.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1383 on: April 04, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
Awesome.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1384 on: April 04, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
So, I'm writing an RP post where my character gets involved in a battle. As I was writing it, I realized he was enjoying it. XD My exact thought: "He's having a Rachel moment. :D"

Yeah. My favorite thing I've ever written. Hands down.
Nice 

But he couldn't have died it BACK?
Good point. I wonder why he didn't. Maybe they didn't want to change Tobias' look? (but they do change models for like every 2 books for Rachel)   :huh:
And why didn't they chage the hair colour digitally? 
"We couldn't find a kid in time for the shoot, so the photographer asked the agency to send over any old kid to stand in. Our artist, David Mattingly, would alter him digitally to fit the character. Well, a boy shows up kind of out of nowhere, skateboard in hand (he lives in the neighborhood) and a knit hat pulled down practically to his eyes. When he pulled his hat off, we knew we found the perfect Tobias. Tonya (the editor for Animorphs) and I just loved him. He was blonder than the first Tobias, but was perfect. He was Tobias. A happy accident from a desperate situation."
(from Hirac Delest )
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1385 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
wow.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1386 on: April 08, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Really random thought. (spoilers)
The Fabric of the Cosmos - The Illusion of Time [Full - Ep 2 of 4]] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOO2mOjo9s#ws]The Fabric of the Cosmos - The Illusion of Time [Full - Ep 2 of 4] [/url]
so I'm mostly refering to the part from 22:10 to 25:50
so mostly in animorphs #54 (but there's plently of other places I could mention, but I would get too confused) Ax gets captured and taken to wherever. The animorphs are on earth. Ax and the animorphs are probably moving at diffrent speeds. So Ax is waaaay on the other side of the univeres, while everyone else is on earth. Ax is probably moving away from earth pretty fast and since the animorphs just bump into him, he probably wasnt flaoting in z space. So if he wasn't in z space andwas moving faster than the animorphs, then his "now" slice in time is waaay in the animorphs past. So then doesn't that mean Ax getting captured happened waaay in the past for the animorphs? So then if they start turning to earth to tell the animorphs, wouldn't they be going waay in the furture? And once they get to Ax, they're either already waay in the future or waaaaaaaay in the future.

Just a random thought that I don't totally get yet, just saying that if that did happened in our world, it would probably be really diffrent. Then again, I really doubt K. A. Applegate would read lots about physics and stuff and not go by what just about everyone thinks about time. That was just a really random thought
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #1387 on: April 09, 2012, 08:24:10 AM »
What the guy was explaining is that the perception of what is considered "now" is relative. The simplest way of saying it is "Time is relative". From each person's point of view their "now" moment is different depending on gravitational distortions and their relative velocities. This doesn't cause any problems in the order of events happening because you only observe events happening when you are "close" enough to it.

You're right that relatively speaking (depending on distance of Earth and Kelbrid space) when Ax gets captured this would be happening at the same time as for example Beethoven being born. However this would only matter if instantaneous travel was possible and if there was some interaction between these distances. Once Applegate introduced the concept of Z-space it could be interpreted as the bridging device for events. The Animorphs must use Z-space to find Ax again. If you wanted it to make sense you can pretend Z-space is like a wormhole.

On a different note, directionality is constantly changing for people on different planets due to the rotation of the planet's spin. The description that the guy from the video gives is more simplistic to give you the general idea. Realistically the "now slice" of time is extremely momentary. You can only compare the relative "now" time for a single moment (smaller than the smallest time scale imaginable) and then the two become people would be out of sync again.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1388 on: April 12, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »
We made the memes again :)

http://www.failbook.failblog.org/2012/04/11/funny-facebook-fails-kewl-turrmlurrrn/

Anyone can tell what books those are?

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1389 on: April 12, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
i had a thought that maybe k.a.a. was not generous at all towards the animorphs in terms of giving them a legitimate day off. something always happens or someone does something stupid and starts something. what? why can't for just once they all have a really relaxing day where no one goes and starts something. seriously, just one real day off k.a.a.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1390 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:01 AM »
well that'd be very boring to read about.

There are chronological gaps between book. probably took some time out

we does that meme morph from boy to girl ???
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1391 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
we does that meme morph from boy to girl ???
I know! I was wondering that too. And I don't exactly get what's funny about it but whatever
We made the memes again :)

http://www.failbook.failblog.org/2012/04/11/funny-facebook-fails-kewl-turrmlurrrn/

Anyone can tell what books those are?
The last one is #22. The middle one looks sorta like #21 or #42, and the last one looks sorta like #17 or #5.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1392 on: April 14, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
The polar bear dog thing in Legend of Korra reminds me of Marco poo-bear in book 35
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
One of our local Burger Kings has a giant inflatable cinnamon bun on its roof, to advertise the new mini Cinnabons. I can so see Ax trying to sneak up and steal it, though it'd be tricky to do so without demorphing, which he's not dumb enough to do in public. Alternately I can see him pestering them to give him the inflatable when the promo's over LOL.

I do think he'd like the frozen ones you can buy now, though the one time I bought a Cinnabon at the mall, it was better than Pillsbury's. There's also cinnamon bun flavorted Miniwheats now, along with the coffee creamer I spotted somtime back. Although I seem to recall there already being a Cinnabon cereal, though I could be wrong.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »
Considering I used to be addicted to Oreo flavored cereal, it is not at all unreasonable to say their was a cinnabon cereal. I really miss that oreo cereal.