Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234326 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1335 on: March 13, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
What if it were to put you in a world invnted by your own mind that would change according to want. Like your lucid dreaming forever.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #1336 on: March 13, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
I've always wondered why all the aliens speak almost exclusively in English...it would have been so easy for Visser III to discover their identities.

Visser III, the Yeerk with the Andalite host, fights against six alleged Andalites...and they speak in English. It's weird. If he tried to speak in Andalite language, he would have realized that only one of the bandits was able to speak that language...

And when they are aboard the Blade ship? Visser III sends a public toughtspeak to dozens of Hork-Bajirs and Taxxons...in English!  :o

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1337 on: March 13, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
Actually, thought-speech sorta translates to whatever language you speak. It's sorta mentioned in the Hork-Bajir Chronicles
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #1338 on: March 13, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
Actually, thought-speech sorta translates to whatever language you speak. It's sorta mentioned in the Hork-Bajir Chronicles

Really?
Well, I have not yet read the Hork-Bajir Chronicles (not published in Italy), but it's curious...so you can't change language with toughtspeak cause the "receiver" still hears it in its native language?

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #1339 on: March 13, 2012, 04:52:11 PM »
Probably nothing more than fan-theory but it'd make sense that more capable telepaths could trick others into "hearing" what they want. eg. false sense of distance, voice, language... You could probably even disorient someone by flashing them with a random/slightly altered thought-speech image/emotion etc. Depending on how resourceful you are telepathy can be crazy powerful. Arguably, depending on how resourceful you are your limits are limitless...

Heh imagining Tobias stalking someone and mentally disorienting them :XD: "Chapman, it's a green light go!"
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1340 on: March 13, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
Yeah, it's also mentioned somewhere (I think HBC) that it can also say words in languages and have them not translate.

Heh imagining Tobias stalking someone and mentally disorienting them :XD: "Chapman, it's a green light go!"
:O That's plain evil
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1341 on: March 13, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
It was at least brought up that images could be broadcasted. In the first, they all get an image of a yeerk from Elfangor.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1342 on: March 15, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
I finally read #53. The end was sorta sad to me
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline MissySelenity

« Reply #1343 on: March 27, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
Is the other books worth the read? You know the side stories next to the 1-54 books. They seem really thick and I'm wondering if I should read them as well?

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #1344 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
Oh yeah! They're all worth reading! My favourite is still The Ellimist Chronicles even though it is very alien at the beginning. Each of the chronicles are very insightful into the alien species. Also rather touching.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1345 on: March 27, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
And if you liked Avatar, you'll love the hork bjair chronicles, because it completely ripped it off.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1346 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
I think the side books (all the chronicles) were the best books in the series.  You won't be disappointed.  :)

Offline MissySelenity

« Reply #1347 on: March 27, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
Cool, I'll check them out. Another question, does anyone know if they're going to redo the tv show? I'm seeing new actors for the animorphs on the website and am just wondering if anyone knows anything? Since they're reselling the books and all.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1348 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
I don't think anybody but die hard fans would be willing to make it, after the flop the first one was.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1349 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
Yeah, animorphs as an animation would be so much better
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^