Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234380 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1305 on: January 16, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
the queens gone, imagine if you had an entity telling you exactly what to do for your whole life, and suddenly it dissapeared. Their gonna die. They also eat wood, which many buildings use for support. One wrong bite and the whole place goes down
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1306 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:25 AM »
1 they are not going to die.
The queens die in nature. They are replaced.
And I'm sorrry, Applegate HIGHLY overstates the automaton traits of non reproductive of social insects-phremones influence, they don't "control".
Workers and soliders don't wig out and die if you remove them from the queen or vice versa.

2 They are not designed by nature to destroy society.
They've been eating wood long before society started using it for structures, seems more like society designed itself to antagonist nature.
There are alternatives to wood for structures.
Non pleasent, but much of society could survive with out such buildings
And in some societies, people depend on them as a source of food.
Hell, they build more societies than they destroy.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1307 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »
1 they are not going to die.
The queens die in nature. They are replaced.

Really? So the termites and stuff just know that when the queen dies, they know what to do to replace them? Well, what kills only termite queens in nature? Shouldn't that happen alot in order for the workers to know what to do?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1308 on: January 16, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »
i don't think there is anything that eats exclusively termite queens, but one dies, from termite eating animals, other insects, or old age (they are still insects they only live a while, but since they breed up till the end  many of their young out live them) but when they die, other potential reproductives (those that can become queens) develop into the reproductives.
In fact, this may be the best example of queen control (I may be confusing termites a other social insects, but I think this applies to most): The queens produce a chemical that keeps the potential reproductives from developing. When the queen dies then it stops producing that chemical, and the potential reproductive is no longer suppressed and develops into an active reproductive.
Also, some termite species may have more than one queen active at the same time.

I would recommend to everyone I know to take two courses in college: a basic ecology and evolution class, and a general entomology.
The former because it is fundamental to science
That latter because it beautifully examplies the former. And is actually pretty cool if done right
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:02:37 AM by RYTX »

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1310 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:26 PM »
Haha, that's awesome  :XD:

And yeah, I'm so taking anything that has to do with animals and science in college, but I'm aiming for university
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1311 on: January 17, 2012, 09:12:24 PM »
I know Yeerks in the police force would complicate it, but I think it would be interesting if they tried to get some controllers arrested. Could anyone in the world frame someone better than an Animorph?
Then, few days in the slammer and bam. Yeerk free-with witnesses

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1312 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
The only problem I see with that is they get one phone call.  =/  And then Chapman shows up with a briefcase full of Yeerk to help convince the policeman to let them go.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1313 on: January 17, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »
Which is why you frame them with a high profile crime where they will be contained at maxium security-that way the public is sure to notice when the someone-especially anyone from the Sharing-is involved in getting big time criminals out on bail.
either way, yeerks get unwanted attention.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1314 on: January 17, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
That would work.  At least, it SHOULD work. 

But then again, when you have stuff happening like Chapman running over high-end government officials and no one saying anything...   ::)  (I had a hard time buying that one, but I had a hard time buying a lot of what was in that book, which is too bad because for the most part it was a really great book.)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1315 on: January 17, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »
I can just picture that meeting now.

Visser 3: <Chapman, we hae discovered a high ranking member of the human goverment.>
Chapman: "He will make a good host Visser."
Visser 3: <Yes. Unfortunately though, he cut off my limo, so our method to capture him will be for you to hit him with your primitive vehicle. If he does not survive, he got the death he deserved.>
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1316 on: January 18, 2012, 12:30:08 AM »
lolz

but HA3 was super secert high end government official. he should be able to sit in your wheaties and no one would say anything (ninja)

This calls for classic side show bob-bery.
Morph William Roger Tenant (tv guru from 35)
Rob liquor store with gun. Shoot up place, maybe wound Apu.
Smile for security cam, revealing illegal drugs
Run away

20 minutes later WRT is arrested across country in his home and volia! Yeerk in jail

Note: I'm assuming he has Krusty the Clown's laywer and stay's looked up, not Lindsay Lohan's and getting to come and go daily

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1317 on: January 18, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

I need to find a way to work that into my Bones/Animorphs crossover LOL. The FBI is the perfect area to have dealings with high-ranking people. And it's easy to figure they'd have controllers in there. So far, Booth, Brennan and Booth's boss are your typical controllers. Hodgins is YPM. And the perfect controller either way because he's a total conspiracy freak.

Trouble with this fic is, all the action is on the east coast. I think they're going to need a field trip. Bones went to LA and Vegas before, if I go with popular opinion and put the Anis in San Diego, it won't be a problem. Especially if I could figure a way to break the 'kids only' thing and get Brennan morph capable. She'd completely wig out, given her Spock personality.

I also wrote a snippet of CSI NY cross, but it's not gone anywhere yet. (Someone already did a Vegas cross...loved it too. Especially whoever said about Ax "Leave him alone...at least he isn't eating the wrapper this time." as he's gorging Cinnabon.

I nee to find a way to quit rambling now and go to my appointment.

And I think a character like Hodgins from Bones or Grissom from CSI would love to morph insect...a whole new way to study them LOL

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1318 on: January 18, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »
I can just picture that meeting now.

Visser 3: <Chapman, we hae discovered a high ranking member of the human goverment.>
Chapman: "He will make a good host Visser."
Visser 3: <Yes. Unfortunately though, he cut off my limo, so our method to capture him will be for you to hit him with your primitive vehicle. If he does not survive, he got the death he deserved.>
haha, nice one Blaze
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1319 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »
I tried to convert my English teacher to animorphs today, The idea came to me when he mentioned mighty morphing power rangers.

"It's weird, in 54 books their isn't a single power rangers reference."
"You've read 54 books?"
"No...ummm...forums!"

*later*

"Theirs a family matters reference, a Dr. Doolittle, an Independence, and even a Pokemon."

At the end of class we were required to show him a sentence to get out the door.

*shows him*

"Theirs an animorphs reference in there."
"Yeah, and a Pokemon, and a Dr. Who."
*running out door* "Dr. Doolittle!"