Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233762 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1260 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13:47 PM »
Thats a good point. Millisa could have been so helpful as an animorph. You know, I wonder if the anis remember all the evemts (including in the alternate time line) since if they did, they could remember how helpful she was, then decide weather she should havebeen made an animorph.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1261 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
I definitely agree that she would have been a really valuable member of the team.  I know when I read the series the first time, I genuinely expected that she was going to be worked in somehow, and when she never was (and Marco knocked down her house) I was left with a lesser sense of "WTF?"

So I got the crazy idea that I may do a fanfic that has her as an animorph, and I was studying the character because that is was crazy OCD English BA majors do when they have too much time on their hands.

And I genuinely realized just how terrifying and mentally terrorizing her life would have been if she WERE an animorph.  Especially since Visser three, already in book two, told her yeerk parents that he wanted her infested so if she even slipped up one milimeter it was ALL over, and she had a very powerful (two?) yeerk in her household.  And she'd have three choices, live as a controller knowing that she ratted out her friends and the human race.  Run away like Tobias, though that would make her "parents" look for her and still endanger them.  Or she could simply just off herself.

I also don't see how she could have realistically survived the war in any way shape or form, whether that meant mentally or physically, and KA was real big on realistic endings.  By the end of the war she would have been irreparably insane...way more so than Jake.  I'm talking we're watching an unfortunate "whacked out nam vet" become "whacked out REALLY BAD" in real time.

And I put that in quotes because I think people who think like that are disgusting.  Kind of like HER FATHER in TAC.  Irony!  (lots of strange coincidences.)

It would have definitely gotten the "war is hell" point across VERY well.  I don't think it would have been kid friendly AT ALL if it was portrayed realistically.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:02:43 PM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1262 on: January 06, 2012, 10:06:33 PM »
So, my brother informed me today of a surgery that supposedly involved a guy needing a new heart, except that he was too weak for a heart transplant, so they just put in a heart in addition to the one he already had.  So this guy supposedly ended up with two hearts.  Not sure if I believe it, but that's beside the point.

My first thought?  Holycrap he's an Andalite!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1263 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
I heard about it. But andalites didn;t come to mind. Dang it.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1264 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
That what I thought too Noelle.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1265 on: January 07, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »
That funniest moments thread now has me wondering how Ax would react to today's smartphones...despi te the re-release, that stuff really makes me long for an updated, today-version of the series. (we already discussed the problems with morphing when everyone has a camera phone and the Yeerks/Sharing on Facebook in that thread I put up...yikes) I wonder how Andalite fingers would do with touch-screens... With those or tablets, I can still see him complaining about no psychic link.

And I'd LOVE to see him try to talk to Siri on iPhone 4s...hahahahaha. <What is this? Is she an android?> <This touch screen is fascinating, but impossible...the keyboard is far too small and I am always making mistakes.> He might like the voice function some phones have...it's Dragon dictation, lets you speak commands. I never use it myself, but who knows?

Oh and autocorrect. I love autocorrect fails. I can also see Marco texting pics...no, not the bad kind/sexting, just annoying Rachel sending pics with captions about how hot he is. Or if he has an Iphone, I can see him like "Hey, Siri, do you think I'm hot?" It'd be hilarious if she said no...Rachel'd have a field day.

And everyone would be jealous of Erek because he would never lose a call or enter a dead zone because he's a modem himself. "Hey, Erek, can you be our hot spot again?" if he was with them for something. Although your phone can be a hot spot if you turn that function on.

Poor Tobias could only use it as a human, talons probably don't do well on touch screens. Not that he could take it home, no one could see a bird with a cell phone and not think something was up. Plus, there's the money factor.

Offline XtheoniongirlX

• Queen of Smut
« Reply #1266 on: January 07, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Andalite fingers described to be longer and nimbler than human's? I don't think small keyboard would be the kind of complaint he'd make.

Oh and autocorrect. I love autocorrect fails. I can also see Marco texting pics...no, not the bad kind/sexting, just annoying Rachel sending pics with captions about how hot he is. Or if he has an Iphone, I can see him like "Hey, Siri, do you think I'm hot?" It'd be hilarious if she said no...Rachel'd have a field day.

Haha, yes! I can totally visualize that.

He'd definitely send her inappropriate texts and then claim they were autocorrect fails.
The store was closed, but the salesman said he could wait if we hurry.
But we were delayed en route when a stingray in front of us killed a pedestrian.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1267 on: January 07, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
So, my brother informed me today of a surgery that supposedly involved a guy needing a new heart, except that he was too weak for a heart transplant, so they just put in a heart in addition to the one he already had.  So this guy supposedly ended up with two hearts.  Not sure if I believe it, but that's beside the point.

My first thought?  Holycrap he's an Andalite!

heh, nice. i havent heard about that though
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1268 on: January 07, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »
I think Andalite hands would be way better than humans at smartphones.  Smaller fingers mean hitting the keys better, my husband always complains his hands are too big for the touch screen stuff.

I think the series would be MASSIVELY different with today's technology.  Ax could virtually be a billionaire just sitting in his scoop designing Apps for a smart phone.  In another thread (I think it was NaNoWriMo) we speculated that Ax could pretty much take down the Yeerk Empire from his computer sitting at his scoop with the updates to internet technology and through social media.  I mean, flood facebook with "THE SHARING SUCKS." 

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1269 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
In another thread (I think it was NaNoWriMo) we speculated that Ax could pretty much take down the Yeerk Empire from his computer sitting at his scoop with the updates to internet technology and through social media.  I mean, flood facebook with "THE SHARING SUCKS." 

No way. Ax may be a technological prodigy capable of Macgyvering together Z-space technology from leftover crap lying around Radio Shack, but if one aristh were that much more capable than the entirety of the Yeerk empire, the war would have been won before it started. Keep in mind that the Yeerks are going to have their own ways of taking advantage of the available media- not to mention the authority and manpower to keep Ax's efforts from getting very far.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1270 on: January 07, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
In another thread (I think it was NaNoWriMo) we speculated that Ax could pretty much take down the Yeerk Empire from his computer sitting at his scoop with the updates to internet technology and through social media.  I mean, flood facebook with "THE SHARING SUCKS." 

No way. Ax may be a technological prodigy capable of Macgyvering together Z-space technology from leftover crap lying around Radio Shack, but if one aristh were that much more capable than the entirety of the Yeerk empire, the war would have been won before it started. Keep in mind that the Yeerks are going to have their own ways of taking advantage of the available media- not to mention the authority and manpower to keep Ax's efforts from getting very far.

I suppose, but I always read it as that the Andalites were always very superior when it came to intelligence to the Yeerks, almost all of the Yeerks technology came from Andalites, and they had an Andalite brain to help boost their production.

I always saw the reason why the Andalites didn't rofl-stomp the Yeerks back into their Yeerk pools was the fact that the Andalites were massively outnumbered.  When it came to all-out guns a blazing warfare, wit can't overcome sheer numbers.  Wit can pull off some things, like tricking the Yeerks into losing on Leera, but eventually you're just going to get drowned out.

However on Earth, it was different.  I think it was written that Ax was mentally superior to all of the Yeerks there, even Alloran because his education was probably more updated than his.  (I could be wrong.)  While the Yeerks would definitely be using the same tactics Ax would, I think Ax could out-think them.  It wasn't all-out guns-a-blazing warfare, it was really a mental game between the Yeerks and the anis.  I think Ax would have been able to pull it off.  Not necessarily from his scoop (that was an exaggeration, lol.), but I think he could have out-thought the Yeerks.

Edit: Oh, I see where I went wrong.  I didn't mean he could take down the whole yeerk EMPIRE  (I'll leave that typo in since you quoted it.)  I meant he could take down the Yeerk invasion on Earth.  Obviously he couldn't do crap about the Yeerks in space, lol. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:47:32 AM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1271 on: January 07, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
I'm gonna side with lumy on this-despite the upgrades I doubt ax could have shut down all the Yeerk forces.

On the blade ship-presumabling using it's systems, it'd take him near an hour to over ride their codes: when Tom gave them a 15 minute roll over he was out.
And that bugfighter in 11: he could reright the software on his own. In 20 years

At best he may be able to hack a bit further, but that's a far cry from shutting down the invasion.
All over the galaxy they are brillant Andalites armed with their own tech, but it seems they aren't able to remotely shut down any larger scale operations.

As for facebook: You'd have to flood it with "The Sharing Rules" viruses and  popups till it crashes. That way when everyone is made that their precious site falls, they're made at the Sharing, not sympathetic

(With or without human technologies, you have to wonder what Erek could doL and why he never does. Disabling the fleet wouldn't be very violent....)
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1272 on: January 07, 2012, 12:07:15 PM »
I'm gonna side with lumy on this-despite the upgrades I doubt ax could have shut down all the Yeerk forces.

On the blade ship-presumabling using it's systems, it'd take him near an hour to over ride their codes: when Tom gave them a 15 minute roll over he was out.
And that bugfighter in 11: he could reright the software on his own. In 20 years

At best he may be able to hack a bit further, but that's a far cry from shutting down the invasion.
All over the galaxy they are brillant Andalites armed with their own tech, but it seems they aren't able to remotely shut down any larger scale operations.

As for facebook: You'd have to flood it with "The Sharing Rules" viruses and  popups till it crashes. That way when everyone is made that their precious site falls, they're made at the Sharing, not sympathetic

(With or without human technologies, you have to wonder what Erek could doL and why he never does. Disabling the fleet wouldn't be very violent....)

Yeah, you're probably right.

But that is a good point, the Chee could have done a lot more...

Offline Canicula

« Reply #1273 on: January 07, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
I just found this site cinnamonbunzuh.blog spot.com/2011/11/book-12-reaction.html and I can't stop laughing xD

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1274 on: January 07, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
Oh, yeah those guys are fantastic.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.