Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234540 times)

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1245 on: December 21, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »
Haha, yay for trying to explain animorphs to non-animorphs people.   :XD:

I've been trying (and failing) to try to get my husband to read animorphs.  I was trying to explain the different races to him and it kind of went like this.

Him: What's Hork'Bajir?
Me: They are controllers too, they're like lizards with blades everywhere.
Him: So why don't the Yeerks just enslave all of them and take over the universe?
Me: Well that was the plan, but the Andalites wiped out the Hork'Bajir with a quantum virus so they couldn't do that.
Him: What's a quantum virus?
Me: A virus that killed almost all the Hork'Bajir.
Him:... well that makes sense.
Me: ...
Him: Oh that's right, the Andalites are the smart ones, aren't they?

So yeah...the only way my husband remembered anything about what I said was him thinking the Andalites being genocidal was smart.  /facepalm.

Other than that, I don't remember who said it, but someone said something about George Lucas making an Animorphs movie?  I got a sneak preview of SWTOR (I got it for christmas, but no internet to play it.   >:( ).  (Posting from a phone.)  And all I have to say is OMGYES!   When I was watching the trailer on someone's laptop I got giddy with the idea of George Lucas doing animorphs...it would be amazing.

Though, I'm going to have to completely gut my Kelbrid fanfic...one of the races on SWTOR is like...half a carbon copy of my idea for the Kelbrids.  Freakin' Rattataki.  -_-

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1246 on: December 21, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »
I actually liked the new star wars so I could picture him making it
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1247 on: December 30, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
ANGER!   >:( >:( >:(

I'm hesistant to post this, cause I don't want to endorse it at all, but
My googlings have landed on a group with a song with the most horrendous name I've ever imagined
"Animorphs aren't cool any more"

Humble opinion: terrible group that merely blast power chords and has unintelligable, electronically distorted singing where you can only make out the titular lyrics if listening for it, carefully.
All the other lyrics couldn't be made out.

I am outraged
grrrr :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: >:(
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1248 on: December 30, 2011, 09:35:37 PM »
yeah, I saw that song too. When I saw it, I was mad at them too. Wanted to rate it 1 star on ipod 
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Pippi

« Reply #1249 on: December 31, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »
I haven't heard the song and I won't even bother myself about it, but you guys shouldn't get yourselves worked up about a bunch of fools, because to me, it sounds like that's what they are. ;)
There are no innocents. There are, however,
different degrees of responsibility.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1250 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
The thing is though, they're right. Animorphs is no longer a relevant book series. You can't go down to McDonalds with your friends and discuss how much you hate Cassie with your buds anymore. It's sad, but true.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1251 on: December 31, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
>:(
I respectfully disagree
(what do you think this site is for)
Group Reread thread for #9 will be up soon
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1252 on: December 31, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
The thing is though, they're right. Animorphs is no longer a relevant book series. You can't go down to McDonalds with your friends and discuss how much you hate Cassie with your buds anymore. It's sad, but true.

Technically you still can. Its just harder to find anifans, but theres still plenty. Like on a forum for Artemis Fowl, i found at least like 5 people who also read animorphs before. But it does suck on how hard it is to find them
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline XtheoniongirlX

• Queen of Smut
« Reply #1253 on: December 31, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »

I guess it depends on your location. I personally have no trouble stumbling upon an Anifan in this city. Feels good man :3
The store was closed, but the salesman said he could wait if we hurry.
But we were delayed en route when a stingray in front of us killed a pedestrian.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1254 on: December 31, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
I live in a place filled with illiterate retards. Since I couldn't understand the lyrics, after a bit of google searching I found that in fact, the lyrics had nothing to do with animorphs. They could have made the song about anything. Power rangers. Pogs. Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1255 on: December 31, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
Lyrics for what? That animorphs arent cool song?
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1256 on: January 01, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
yeah. Other than the one use of the line "Animorphs aren't cool anymore, that could be easilly changed.
“Animorphs Aren’t Cool Anymore” You’re Welcome, World. (2010). Lyrics by Ben Macon

VERSE 1:
I remember summer days at skateboard parks with rollerblades
And I remember high school dances asking girls for second chances
I’m not ready to accept the fact that you’ve changed
because I’ve heard it all before, to me you’re still the same

VERSE 2:
And I remember inside jokes and metaphors
But times they change, Animorphs aren’t cool anymore

CHORUS:
So I’m moving on, I’m moving on
I’ll forget about everything that ever made sense to me
I’m moving on, I’m moving on
And I’ll give it my everything, give it my everything

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1257 on: January 01, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
uh...I see what you mean. Yeah, the only thing in the song that has anything to do with animorphs is the line animorphs aren't cool anymore. And that seems short. That's the entire song?
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1258 on: January 01, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
According to their website

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1259 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
Since I have an English BA, I am terribly prone to WAY WAY WAY over thinking things.

So I have way way way over thought the question: Why wasn't Melissa Chapman ever made an Animorph?

My TLDR version of my head-cannon answer is that, for a series that is already regarded as borderline unsuitable for kids and undeniable high-octane nightmare fuel: She would have just really really taken that over the top into "why the hell would you ever let your kids read this?!" territory.

I have this strange idea that she was originally intended to be a character, but KA's editors were like: So, you are trying to sell us a kids series in which a child has to sit at the dinner table every day contemplating whether or not she is going to kill her parents, wondering if she should kill herself in case they notice ANY number of insignificant things that might suggest she might have an idea of what's going on so she won't be the end of earth just by merely existing, and has to take caffiene pills every night just to make sure she doesn't accidentally fall asleep and have a nightmare and scream "OMG YEERK," thus tipping off her parents and ending the world.

Yeah...our lawyers think this is a bad idea.

Why don't you explore those themes in a more dilute kid-friendly fashion...like a parent that's already dead so it's not staring them in the FACE every day, or a sibling that really has no real reason to sit there and pretend they are a parent so it's ok if they act like they don't know the animorph exists.  I'm sure it'll get the point across without mentally scarring kids irreverseably.

However, I think the addition of her would make a very interesting adult-ish series.  I may make a book-long post elaborating exactly why I think that KA Applegate really did intend on having her as an animorph.

Though, that might be pointless, because I remember that supposedly she responded to a FAQ about Melissa saying she was a throw away character.  (As in, side character, or literally 'thrown away?')  Though really the fact that Melissa was a FAQ really suggests that people were very interested in how she turned out.

Despite her saying she was a throw away character, my insanity is nagging me and saying I don't believe it.  There is just too many coincidences:  Elfangor-Loren-Chapman vs Ax-Tobias-Melissa, the fact that she was basically given the same amount, if not more, physical description in two as the main characters.  The fact that her back story is really really well developed.  The fact that KA explicitly says she looks like a Tolkien elf...and KA is also an admitted Tolkien fanatic.  The fact that she shows up in someway in almost every alternate reality setting...even to the point that she WAS an animorph?

Coincidences are just coincidences though...unless it's in a series that practically beats you over the head every single time you turn the page with plot continuity.

(Fanfic?  Maybe so...)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:39:25 PM by Noelle_Winters »