Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233892 times)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1215 on: December 15, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
Lately I've been learning to put up with one of my co-workers by means of comparing him to Marco.  You know how nobody really bats an eye when Marco teases them, because Marco teases everybody?  That's this guy.  So, every time he grinds my nerves I can tell myself he's just being Marco.

Offline Ouroboros

• Oooh, I have pants now. This is an improvement.
« Reply #1216 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:01 PM »
Lately I've been learning to put up with one of my co-workers by means of comparing him to Marco.  You know how nobody really bats an eye when Marco teases them, because Marco teases everybody?  That's this guy.  So, every time he grinds my nerves I can tell myself he's just being Marco.

That's awesome.

I go to school with a guy named Marco, but he's one of those completely deadpan serious ALL THE TIME guys. Doesnt really fit, unfortunately.

Thanks to Seal for the sig!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1217 on: December 16, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »
^really? I never met anyone named Marco or Tobias before in real life.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1218 on: December 16, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
Ive only knows davids and jakes, and both are jerks
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1219 on: December 19, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »
Totally random Animorphs thought of the day...
                                                                                                                                            :rachel:
I still get way to emotional when I think about Rachel... Ya know what? I don't! Rachel was awesome!
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Canicula

« Reply #1220 on: December 19, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
The names Alloran and Abron are still confusing me xD

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1221 on: December 19, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »
Uh...what's so confusing about them?
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #1222 on: December 19, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
Ok, so I have a question:

I have two copies of the invation and was thinking of donating one to my local climbing gym (it has a book excahnge programm) so to spread animorphs to other people.
But the fact is that one of the editions has the little paragraph about Jake morphing the lizard "I did it monday..." Etc. But the other one doesnt, so any one knows what this means? Any chance that its a super-rare print error worth a million bucks? Help! I dont want to give away a could-be valuable!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1223 on: December 19, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »
Try searcging online. CHances are, a few sites will have a draft and you can see if its included. Or perhaps you could call the publisher and see if anybody can check records. Trying to be real I seriously doubt one missing sentence will boost the value by more than a couple cents
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1224 on: December 19, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
I thought that he meant that it was missing the whole paragraph...? And yeah, I personally don't think that missing some sentences will make it more valuable, but that's what I think.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1225 on: December 19, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
I'd think it would make it less valuable, my sister recently bought a book that was missing around 50 pages, and the store had to give her a refund.

Anyways, here's what my e-book copy of #1 says

CHAPTER 16
I did it Monday morning in my locker at school. I turned into a lizard.

A green anole, to be exact. It's a member of the iguana family. Like you care.

I waited till the bell rang for first period, which was English class. When everyone else was
out of the hallway, I just climbed into my locker. I tried to act cool about it, just in case
anyone was watching.

The locker was about two inches shorter than me, so I had to crouch. And it was so tight I
couldn't move. The only light was from the three small ventilation slits. I could hear my heart
pounding in the cramped, dark space. I was afraid.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #1226 on: December 19, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
No, I mean, remember that in back of the cover there was always a little paragraph? like right in front of the picture? its not there, the back side of the cover is blank...

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1227 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »
That sounds like it could have been ripped out...
I'd think it would make it less valuable, my sister recently bought a book that was missing around 50 pages, and the store had to give her a refund.

Anyways, here's what my e-book copy of #1 says

CHAPTER 16
I did it Monday morning in my locker at school. I turned into a lizard.

A green anole, to be exact. It's a member of the iguana family. Like you care.

I waited till the bell rang for first period, which was English class. When everyone else was
out of the hallway, I just climbed into my locker. I tried to act cool about it, just in case
anyone was watching.

The locker was about two inches shorter than me, so I had to crouch. And it was so tight I
couldn't move. The only light was from the three small ventilation slits. I could hear my heart
pounding in the cramped, dark space. I was afraid.

But that's 50 pages. There's a big difference between 50 pages and one paragraph/sentence. And that's like missing 1/3 book! Did the book like fall apart  0_o
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1228 on: December 19, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »
No, guys, he's talking about the little preview blurb printed inside the cover.

My instinct says it's just multiple versions, neither of which will be rare or valuable. Especially with the early books, they were printed with multiple covers (at least two- the one with the ANIMORPHS logo on the front written in white and surrounded by color, and the one with it surrounded by white and written in the background clouds... effect). Granted, I can't say for sure, but honestly, it's an Animorphs book. As much as we love them, I can't see them being irrationally valuable under... basically any circumstances :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:26:39 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #1229 on: December 19, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
No, guys, he's talking about the little preview blurb printed inside the cover.

My instinct says it's just multiple versions, neither of which will be rare or valuable. Especially with the early books, they were printed with multiple covers (at least two- the one with the ANIMORPHS logo on the front written in white and surrounded by color, and the one with it surrounded by white and written in the background clouds... effect). Granted, I can't say for sure, but honestly, it's an Animorphs book. As much as we love them, I can't see them being irrationally valuable under... basically any circumstances :P

Yay!! You´re right in both assumptions, two bad the second one is so true