Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233831 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1200 on: December 13, 2011, 11:30:06 PM »
Im picturing them shooting air out of their hooves and going a couple feet in the air
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1201 on: December 13, 2011, 11:33:36 PM »
Hmm, not sure about that, but that might be what happens when they belch.  :XD:

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1202 on: December 13, 2011, 11:34:59 PM »
But there'd be no point to him shooting air out of his hooves, because I'm assuming his hooves are only connected to his digestive system.  (But that is a great mental image  :XD: )
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:38:02 PM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1203 on: December 13, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
Well, Andalites do have three nasal slits, each of which is considerably larger than a human nostril.  Perhaps, collectively, they would allow an Andalite to inhale as much air as having a mouth?

And perhaps they have multiple trachea (what the crap is the plural of trachea?  is it just trachea?  tracheas?  trachei?  anyway, those things) to get around the problem of only having one orifice to inhale things through.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1204 on: December 13, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »
Or maybe they have unseen holes
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1205 on: December 13, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »
They multiple trachea thing would probably be feasible.  Especially since they would probably have no esophagus or anything but the nervous/respiratory/circulatory system in that part of the body. 

I would think that the slits would allow them to inhale a lot more air (and they would need to in order to keep a body that big oxygenated).  The problem would be being able to take in enough air, without inhaling the object, in order to produce enough force to expel it.  The extra slits wouldn't really help that, but the multiple trachea thing would. 

And I think it's tracheas...I'm not sure.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1206 on: December 13, 2011, 11:53:24 PM »
Again, I suggest the possibility of unseen holes that help air get out of the body.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1207 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
That is a possibility too.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1208 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »
Im picturing them shooting air out of their hooves and going a couple feet in the air
hehe, that made me want to laugh really hard :XD:

I would think that the slits would allow them to inhale a lot more air (and they would need to in order to keep a body that big oxygenated).
agreed
Again, I suggest the possibility of unseen holes that help air get out of the body.
maybe like sweat pores?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1209 on: December 14, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
I absolutely love having friends who are into Animorphs like me.  We go to school together, and she said she was re-reading number six.  And I was like "you know, Cassie could have tried giving him Ivermectin or something..." and her eyes lit up and she went "OMG!  I wonder if that would work!"

Sometimes, I love being a nerd and having nerdy friends and being amused by nerdy things.  XD  Though it makes you wonder about my sanity when I'm sitting in school and making connections like that.  XD

Which brings me to another random thought...are Yeerks technically parasites at all?  I'm going to have to dig up a definition...

Parasite: An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

The Yeerks don't get nutrients from their host, they have to leave their host in order to live, which doesn't make it a truly parasitic relationship.  If you want to be medically technical, the Yeerks derive no medical benefit from having a host.

But then again, what would they be classified as?  Just a slave-master-creature?  I think it's easier just to say Yeerk.

/end rambling.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:23:01 PM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #1210 on: December 14, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »
A species that interacts with another species in a way that helps species 1 but harms species 2? Yeah, pretty much. (Except for voluntaries, I guess...)

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #1211 on: December 14, 2011, 06:24:31 PM »
Well, technically that could be a predator/prey relationship I would think (at least according to my parasitology notes.)  Actually, I'm going to be nerdy and go get them.  (Edits incoming.)

Actually, I guess it would be parasitism: an association between two organisms in which one member lives on or within the other member and may cause harm.  Usually the parasite is metabolically dependent.

I really can't think of anything else it would be.

Sorry for random rambling.  This is what happens when finals week and caffeine starts to melt your braincells.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:30:41 PM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1212 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
I charge money in case of lost brain cells. And that sounds pretty plausible

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1213 on: December 14, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
yeah, now that you mention it, Yeerks aren't totally parasites. But i guess you could say that it still benefits with the freedom  *shrugs* I dunno...
I charge money in case of lost brain cells.
Ah, to bad my friend doesn't do that. My other friends slap her like at least 3 times a day, so last year we created a joke about how everytime she gets slapped, they kill a thousand brain cells :XD:
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #1214 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:25 PM »
I saw a yellow Mustang today, vanity plate LNX GUY. Wonder if Alan's working on Linux instead of Windows and Mac these days...