Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234305 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1155 on: November 04, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
I wonder if morphing is possible in the real world since as far as we know, there is no Z-space
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1156 on: November 04, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »
There are theories that there might be, but  no one's come up with even a workable theory as far as I know. I don't know a great deal about physics, but isn't it tied in with wormhole theory and all that stuff?

Related to the earlier random thoughts, what would happen to the morph-capable humans after the war? I bet some could join Jake's squad or others like it, but not everyone would be fit for it. I wonder what the rest would end up doing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:11:29 PM by AniMel23 »

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1157 on: November 14, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »

As far as babies go, I would think that it would probably get absorbed into the morph, and reappear when the morpher demorphed, the same thing that theoretically happens to Yeerks (based on controllers being able to morph creatures too small to contain a Yeerk).

Then if it's like that, morphing wouldn't get rid of your period.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1158 on: November 14, 2011, 06:49:37 PM »
There are theories that there might be, but  no one's come up with even a workable theory as far as I know. I don't know a great deal about physics, but isn't it tied in with wormhole theory and all that stuff?

Related to the earlier random thoughts, what would happen to the morph-capable humans after the war? I bet some could join Jake's squad or others like it, but not everyone would be fit for it. I wonder what the rest would end up doing.

Well I assume they would make millions either with their own TV shows on animal planet or on the internet making "cute animal" videos
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1159 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
I so through a series of unusual events, I one up on the politics of Harry Potter wiki page, and they have a section on the evils of war.
It's about 2 lines, and I read it and can't help but think wow, Animorphs was way better at getting that point across, to say the least
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline pandas795

• The panda
« Reply #1160 on: November 17, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
The food industry gets a boost of profits from Andalite-Humans...

^Random thought^

XD
"How about putting on a shirt?" Marco asked.
"The men who are young and restless do not wear shirts. I am young. And
I am occasionally restless."

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1161 on: November 17, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
Not just a boost. Imagine if andalites discovered the mcrib. Whatever earth money richer andalites had would be spent on mcdonalds. They mgiht even put themselves into debt for it.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1162 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:58 AM »

Well I assume they would make millions either with their own TV shows on animal planet or on the internet making "cute animal" videos

Yeah, I agree but the government or president would also have to keep watch of them, to make sure they don't morph a random animal and kill someone.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline strawberry banana

« Reply #1163 on: November 19, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
I so through a series of unusual events, I one up on the politics of Harry Potter wiki page, and they have a section on the evils of war.
It's about 2 lines, and I read it and can't help but think wow, Animorphs was way better at getting that point across, to say the least

yeah, i mean that was kinda the whole part of the series especially at the end. i don't think a lot of people noticed it in Harry Potter because she didn't get tht point across well enough for it to have been aparent to most people
"Fall down seven times, get up eight."~Fortune Cookie and Marco, book 5
"Let's do it!"~Rachel, fifty gazillion times
"They're everyone's minutes!"~Marco
"Ya know, I don't think it's politically correct to call nuts nuts."~Tobias
"Bunz. Bun-zuh. Zuh. Bun."~Ax

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1164 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:56 AM »
I've recently become acquainted with TV tropes, and found this

Using the word "phylum" interchangeably with "taxon" because it sounds all science-y and no one knows what "taxon" means. (And no, "giant wormlike alien with an insatiable hunger" is spelled with a Double X.

Yes!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1165 on: November 22, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
I've recently become acquainted with TV tropes, and found this

Using the word "phylum" interchangeably with "taxon" because it sounds all science-y and no one knows what "taxon" means. (And no, "giant wormlike alien with an insatiable hunger" is spelled with a Double X.

Yes!

Oh, wow, that is awesome. Where was it from? A show? Article? Something like that?
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1166 on: November 22, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #1167 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

When I was growing up, I had several categories of crushes. My book crush was Cassie, because she seemed so sweet. :-[ Then again, that was before I realized despite being the sweetest member of the group, her morals had led to the worst of the Animorphs' atrocities. That said, she's still an influential character with me and definitely one of my top three favorites.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #1168 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
it was in an article about taxonomic misuse in film

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TaxonomicTermConfusion?action=source

Thanks for ruining my whole evening and my morning and this evening  (said jokingly, not madly)....that site should come with a warning LOL

Edit several days later, I now find myself wondering why more of the group didn't get some of the big morphs, like grizzlies or elephants or tigers. I assume KAA wanted everyone to have a distinctive favorite battle morph, but I think it'd have been cool if a few books had scenes with all of them fighting as really big animals. (I do know we got the cheetahs that one book and the wolves and the whale-dolphin ones.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:49:08 PM by SkyMorpher »

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #1169 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »
Thre cant be anything more random than this, its awesome!! All credit goes to somebody that isnt me.

Animorphs 300 Movie Trailer