Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234500 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1065 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:40 PM »
...got a question about Yeerk naming trends. Let's use Esplin 9466 as an example. All Yeerks have a 'name' and a numerical designation. This one (9466) implies he's a twin with the double 6's at the end. Well, if I remember right, Yeerks are born from three parents, in groups of a hundred or more, right? So.. maybe the whole 'batch' is called Esplin, and then the individual grubs are given designation numbers for specification purposes. Would that make sense? And is there any in-series support for or against that theory?

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1066 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
I dont think so....It could be a combination of any number of things, the pool they were born in, the parents rank, how mant, what numbers are in the name.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #1067 on: July 27, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
if the whole batch is esplin, maybe that's a little too much?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #1068 on: July 27, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
     No, I think Bear had it right. At least, that's how I figured it was done. And his theory makes sense, too. I think Visser Three was created in an artificial pool with his sibling(s), but I could be wrong.

I had my own theory that I believed to be solid, but was foiled by a few Yeerks. For the most part, the Yeerks that we were introduced to in the series had about six letters in their names--Esplin, Edriss, etc. The way I see it, if you split the Yeerks name into three parts--for example, Esplin 9466-- you may just get the first two letters of a Yeerk parent's name--ES PL IN. Unfortunately, we get Yeerks with names like Eslin, Ordet and Temrash, which pretty much pokes a hole in my little theory.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1069 on: July 27, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »
Maybe its a chosen name along with a number that they are assigned?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1070 on: July 28, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »
Another question... Do Yeerks get drunk? They would, right? I mean, they absorb nutrients from the same blood, so.... yeah, they would, I think.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1071 on: July 28, 2011, 12:12:52 AM »
they absorb nutrients, blood rushes to the brain, alchohol turns to sugar the moment it hits blood, so it might cause a little brashness. Says the doctor. oh thats going in my sig!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1072 on: July 28, 2011, 12:31:06 AM »
i never understood yeerk naming, but as for being drunk they may not:
Yeerk "blood" may not be very similar to vertebrate blood- the reactions that get you drunk may not take place in the Yeerk body, but then again maybe it does.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1073 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
what about not yeerk and being drunk. what if you're drunk and then you morph? you still drunk?

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1074 on: July 28, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
I think you would be because most earth species have the same blood so why would that change?

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1075 on: July 28, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
well we know some diseases are killed off by morphing like rabies, but not others like yamphut. would molecules of alcohol remain or go away?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1076 on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »
It's weird: I've just reread all the regular books, and may have enjoyed this go round more than ever.
I had to take a few....breathers... .multiple times at certain books, but this is the first time that I've never really had to compose myself anywhere in 54.

And I'll it admit it, I like 54 a bit more too this time. As in a lot a bit more

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1077 on: August 16, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
I hated the ending but the rest of the actual book was fantastic

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1078 on: August 20, 2011, 03:50:37 AM »
I was in the car, and because the occasion called for it, spontaneously broke out into mmmh-bop.
I know, I'd have kicked myself too, but it was late: what's really weird is someone else joined in.
Even worse, we both sung the same thing-ick, I know mmmh-bop.

But at least I got to give Marco's explanation of what is a Hanson

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #1079 on: August 20, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
what about not yeerk and being drunk. what if you're drunk and then you morph? you still drunk?

well, it seemed that the animorphs didnt eat more or less than they otherwise would have, so most likely if they got drunk, they wouldnt be drunk in morph, but when they demorphed it would still be in their system and they would be drunk.